Games and Game-Related old and new

4 Likes

This was the first thing I played during my recent free 3 month trial of Apple Arcade. I enjoyed it very much. Beautiful style, sweet moving story. Puzzles & adventure elements felt pretty logical, most not too terribly difficult, though a few head-scratchers. I think it took me ~9 hours of leisurely playtime to 100%. Would definitely recommend, even if not for free. :wink:

2 Likes

Finally, the last(?) episode to The Long Dark. I have really enjoyed this game. This episode is free to all who currently own the previous episodes. This is nice since Hinterland sent out an email not long ago asking if and how much we would be willing to pay for the last episode. Covid has really been an issue in getting this finished. Coming Oct 6

When we had THE LONG DARK in Early Access on Steam and on Xbox Game Preview, it was priced at $19.99 USD. When we launched our 1.0 in August of 2017, we bumped the price up to $29.99 USD. With the launch of Episode Four, we’re increasing the price for THE LONG DARK to $34.99 USD ($5 increase). We feel this is more reflective of the current state of the game in terms of quality and the scope of content. The new price will take effect when Episode Four ships, so this is your last opportunity to purchase THE LONG DARK at its current $29.99 price. Please note that this price increase will not impact you if you already own the game. (Your local pricing may vary.)

4 Likes

Finally! The Long Dark is a great game if you like a challenge.

2 Likes

I got The Last Campfire for Playstation just the other day & my whole family took turns playing, handing the controller around for each puzzle.
What a beautiful little game. Was oddly emotional too.
Fully recommend it to anyone with a soft heart & a penchant for puzzles.
We completed it in a bit over 7 hours without help…(other than discussing it between ourselves).
We all really enjoyed it.
Well done Hello Games.

8 Likes

After playing The Last Campfire I was inspired to chase up some other simpler styled puzzle games.
I discovered Far: Lone Sails but was disappointed to find it was a PC only game. Looked cool so I watched a YouTube playthrough. Loved its style.
This lead me to re-discover Little Nightmares which I also watched a playthrough of. (I’m slightly scarred now from the experience but it was quite mesmerising)
This lead me to discover the recently released Little Nightmares 2. So rather than spoil it for myself I avoided the videos & I bought it (digital) & uploaded it.

Started playing it last night.
My nerves are still tingling. It’s beautiful but disturbing (& this isn’t made any easier by my wife sitting beside me, morbidly fascinated but squealing all the time).
Plays lovely & smooth with near instantaneous reload on a PS5.
Certainly not for kids but recomend it if you are after a beautiful but nasty little puzzle game.

5 Likes

Got almost zero sleep last night as I was too caught up in the latest episode in The Long Dark. Enjoyed it so very much. Did not get everything so now I will have to go back through for 100%. This is not the last episode…more story to come.
Solid gameplay for the last (how many hours has it been?) over 24 hours with just a couple hours sleep…I will be wiped out for the whole weekend. It is seldom that a game holds me so captive…was so much fun.

5 Likes

I cant wait to start the 4th chapter. I just need to make some time. I heard really good things about Fury, Then Silence. Hard to avoid spoilers.

2 Likes

yes the journal is very nice, it remembers me a digital Myst book (link to entire book at the end of the article) or the Myst V collector box

3 Likes

Nice! I have the Kickstarter linking book which has all sorts of pockets and drawers. I also have Gehn’s inkwell.
Moved you to this topic since it is not NMS related.

1 Like

Nintendo just saved ACNH

2 Likes

The Verge: Nintendo releases Animal Crossing’s big 2.0 update early.

3 Likes

I love myself some ‘low-fi’ horror and [ECHOSTASIS] seems interesting.

There is a free demo (prologue) available as they are working on a full release.

ENIGMA STUDIO (James Patrick Gavin) :link: Twitter

2 Likes

Hoping to not be disappointed with another Benoit Sokal installment of Syberia. The free Prologue wasn’t too bad, but hope for more interesting content with the full game, set to release December 10th.

Free Prologue

5 Likes

You and me both. Will be getting this one unless reviews are just awful.

1 Like

I know I shouldn’t, but I pre-ordered deluxe with the excuse being an early Xmas present :crazy_face:

3 Likes

I recommend Sable. I think its on all platforms.

Cant remember if it was mentioned before but Sable is a pretty solid game if you like adventure games that focus on exploration, ambience, music, world lore and story. It has been compared to Breath of the Wild but with no combat(cant say much on that as i never played BotW). I’m 10 hours in and im loving it so far. Based on the amount of the map I have unlocked and the time it took, i’d say the game offers about 75/hrs of gameplay.

You can customize your character by either purchasing new closes, being awarded them or just finding them hidden.

There is customizable hover-bikes too. Color, design, sound, trails, and handling/speed.

5 Likes

Yes, if you like Moebius comics you’ll love it. But you maybe should wait for fixes because actually it’s buged as hell and can ruin your great journey.

About Syberia, Sokal died in may so lets hope that Microids didn’t finish the game in taking too much “freedom” with the universe . I’m happy to see that Kate is back anyway.

You are many artists here so keep an eye on this unfinished game:

And a piece of art, very short but beautiful “game”.

3 Likes

Sable looks cool, picking up some Nausicaa influence.

6 Likes

Good point. It does have bugs. But atleast in my first 10 hours, I only noticed 3. An item that isnt supposed to appear, appeared early but i didnt notice it wasnt supposed to be there till it was time for it to appear and it didnt bother me. The second is that there is one flower that you cant pick up for whatever reason but its not related to anything part of the story(atleast maybe not yet?) other than being used to make money in-game. Lastly, I got stuck in a treasure box but that was just me being dumb. Lol. If there are any more, I havent noticed them yet.

I believe their inspiration was starwars’s sand planets, actually. And I can totally see that in the game. No spoilers though.

3 Likes