Games and Game-Related old and new

1 Like

Well I’ve finally gotten into Cyberpunk 2077 & my experience matches @Polyphemus description.
Big, beautiful & quite playable so long as you ensure you regularly save.

On a base level PS4 there is a bit of pop-in as well as lesser detailed elements in some places but in truth I’m astonished at the complexity & graphics distance they can get a PS4 to achieve. There are so many layers going on. Of course it’s not PC level clarity but it certainly is impressive.
Regular manual saves help navigate the few blocker-bugs & I’m very willing to forgive the occasional visual glitches that occur.
The game reminds me of Fallout 4 in some ways & I thoroughly enjoyed that game too.

Map is just huge & since I love exploration I’m trully enjoying all the landscape to poke about on.
I was concerned the crazy shooter style of the game might be too wild for my taste but I’m having a blast (pun intended).
It certainly contains a lot of gore & sexual content but it fits with the futuristic dystopian theme so I’m ok with it.

My only winge is the huge load times which severely break immersion.
Visual bugs are usually just funny but having to sit & wait so long, coupled with the sometimes forced reloads to navigate a glitch makes for some play sessions feeling painfully drawn out.

I think that despite some bugs, it is a great game which despite some (fixable) issues is in fact a nicely rounded package.
NMS was worse following Atlas Rises so I’m pretty forgiving on a game offering so much visual bang for your buck.
8 out of 10

4 Likes

Interesting. On PC, the only times I get loading screens during play is when entering very large buildings - and the devs covered that by making you ride an elevator - so the elevator doors won’t open until the building map has loaded. The fast transit points are not instantaneous, but they only take a few seconds. I can travel from one end of the map to the other, and it’s seamless, just like Skyrim or Fallout 4.

I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

3 Likes

Any regular load point is irritatingly long, such as following a cut scene, fast travelling or after 'flatlining.
Reloading a save point can take a full minute which is painful.

3 Likes
1 Like

:sweat_smile: Whew!
I’m just coming up to that part on my second playthrough.
I’ll have to pause on the main story for a bit.
Guess I’ll wander the concrete jungle & get into lots of side missions. There’s tons.

I’m still enjoying Cyberpunk on PS4.
Have learned to make sure I finish each section in systematic steps & not leave any conversations hanging. That seems to be the crux point messing things up
…ohh & a zillion rather funny NPC graphics faults.
Ohh…& the automatic conversations overlapping the story conversations.
Ohh… & the checkpoint icons sometimes loading under the ground blocking progress.
Ohh…& my car spawning 6’ in the air & causing grief when it ‘lands’.
Ohh…& the wall separating attacking NPCs & my character sometimes being a one way bullet (or hacking) barrier, allowing for one side to cop a belting while the other is magically shielded.
Ohh…& don’t forget the automatic save point after I’m a dead so each reload is just my last glimpse of life.

I’m not cynical though…

Hopefully this stuff gets sorted as they patch it. :grin:

3 Likes

For those that enjoyed @MacForADay’s series on Journey To The Savage Planet, it’s scheduled to release on Steam tomorrow.

6 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077 Patch News:
(from CD Projekt Red’s web site)

Hotfix 1.11 is available on PC, consoles and Stadia!

This update addresses two issues that appeared after Patch 1.1:

Item randomization has been restored to the previous state.

The save/load loot exploit will be investigated further.

A bug in Down on the Street quest has been fixed.

It occurred for some players during a holocall with Takemura, when using a save made on version 1.06 with Down on the Street quest in progress at “Wait For Takemura’s call” objective. After loading such a save on version 1.1, the holocall would lack dialogue options and block interactions with other NPCs.

3 Likes

The Medium :link:

Released for Xbox Series X/S and PC.

Looks like a game I am certainly interested in getting. I love the genre and it has been a while since I last played any horror. Only downside is its price at €44,99 (10% off on Steam), even though it may very well be worth it.

Anyone who owns the game, willing to share their experience without spoiling it?

Worth it?
  • yay
  • nay

0 voters

2 Likes

TheGamer: Mass Effect: Legendary Edition Preview - Skippable Elevators, Improved Mako, And More.

Really kicking myself in the rear over this one because I let go of all of my strategy guides. In my run thru, Shepherd survived all except the very end. That made me so mad, I threw my guides away… :scream: :grin:
I notice the Legendary Edition comes with 40 DLC…

3 Likes

Earth Analog :link:

nkm :link: Twitter

An interesting looking game, soon to be released on Steam. Not quite sure what to expect from this Dutch dev team/publisher, as their previous titles were mostly iOS/mobile, apart from 2 previous Steam releases. Quite a step-up visually at least, after having discovered ray marching techniques and fractals. It sure peaked my interest, although I hope there is more to it though :wink:

After another quick look, it appears to be mostly story based (visual) and has a planned price of around $20.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Syberia: The World Before

Oh my … how the #### did I miss this wonderful news?
I love those games … any Benoit Sokal for that matter.

Free to play/download Prologue on Steam :crazy_face:

3 Likes

DITTO :scream: I still replay the Syberia games. I have physical copies. Will never let them go.

2 Likes

I’ve never played these, but they look pretty good. Looks like the first game in the series was also recently added to indiegala.com 's Showcase->Freebies section.

2 Likes

You are correct, as I had just added a bunch of the free games to my IndieGala and kind of found out about this new release because of that. All of the Syberia games are currently 85% off, ending tomorrow (both Steam and GOG), although nothing beats an offer for free of course :wink:

3 Likes

I remember buying the original Syberia, but never finishing it. Somehow point-and-click adventures were only able to hold my attention for long enough to actually solve their puzzles if they were hilarious or really, really easy.

3 Likes

Syberia is a somewhat sad, sweet, sentimental story with a mystery that pulled me in. To see the automoton factory in its heyday definitely appeals to me.

4 Likes

It looks like Syberia II is also currently up on Indiegala.com 's Showcase Freebies.

2 Likes

Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.2 delayed until March.

3 Likes