Galactic Atlas Website Discusion ( pre-NEXT )

Had the same issue with my submitted planet…it’s actually in there but searching for it doesn’t find it and the entry itself is bad because the site changes two of my glyphs…it seems to be a common issue.

Here’s mine, you can compare the portal address as shown in my picture vs how it appears as interpreted by the website: https://galacticatlas.nomanssky.com/poi/planet-30300498DD67

1 Like

I’ve spent most my day sitting idle on a space station browsing people’s submissions to the Galactic Atlas - Euclid Map and I couldn’t help but let out an audible “D’aaw.” reading this one so I just had to share :slight_smile:

Romance is alive in the modern digital era in the most surprising of ways :blush:

11 Likes

I believe @Mad-Hatter has reported it. Perhaps it will get worked out. I have seen others also have one or more glyphs change on them.
It would be nice if we could work it out and have the logo…yes…used like other hubs have.
My understanding is this is supposed to be set up so we can continually add to it.

5 Likes

I have been trying to gradually read all of them. Some are so sweet. :heart:

2 Likes

Would have probably been much easier to just find the portal glyphs and go there that way.

1 Like

I found my place in the map. Seems I’m lost… :wink:

4 Likes

I found my planet that was featured on Twitch stream! This is amazing! I hope it will still be on the website after next.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice to gain the ability to edit these databases after next launches, and for the legacy submissions from the survey, we could add photos to show people what those planets look like after next :slight_smile:

I swear, if I could just pick Sean’s ear for five minutes…

4 Likes

https://galacticatlas.nomanssky.com/poi/planet-30F2039BCD1A

My home!

7 Likes

I’ve just received an email stating the rocket glyph glitch has been fixed.

7 Likes

I just decided to submit my home planet/base, even though the portal is broken for visits. Would love to see it end up on the Galactic Atlas. I do however wonder what happens once I start a fresh new NEXT journey. My saves are now backed-up and completely cleared out, even on Steam (zero-byte trick). Do they plan on keeping the website up-to-date with changes being made?

4 Likes

I would assume that it will receive future discoveries from the games actual discovery database, or that we’ll have an interface in-game to push discoveries to it.

2 Likes

In today’s blog post they do say the Mercury process will close tomorrow with the launch of NEXT…which will likely be a reset. So once the final submissions go in(and possibly fix the site’s inability to accurately display certain addresses) that’ll be it in terms of Atlas Rises.

They do say they want to expand the website’s functionality so I think this is just a test before they turn it into a live database where everyone shares their planets to be found by others in the current version.

2 Likes

Well exactly, the universe will be reset, which in case of keeping up-to-date with server info, would lose all info we submitted. Although the website is not clear about it, I would love to see this merely being a memory of what Euclid used to be in Atlas Rises, something to look back.

Hopefully a similar website or additional page or something for current NEXT info, once it releases. I can understand this being a work in progress and likely a test for functionality, but it would be a shame to see it lost any time soon. I would love to be informed on actual plans.

4 Likes

Have you been able yet to view the ETARC hub yet? I was wondering if maybe they won’t update things until all final submissions have been entered? I hope it gets in there EDISON is our capital :slight_smile:

Apparently they’ve repaired the Galactic Atlas. I’m going to re-submit our notification this evening. We’ll see.

4 Likes

I submitted a separate planet last night and still can’t find my planet so I have no idea what is happening. I thought it may have appeared today. Actually many of my really nice pictures are from other galaxies which is a shame. I have been finding it hard to return to Euclid and find the Portal addresses. Return isn’t quite true it’s more of try to find the route I took with a new creative save.

One today!
Polymemous

8 Likes

Happy cake day Poly, nice job on that photo @johnnycloud XD

2 Likes

Happy cake day :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know why, but i found my base, so at least a Little bit of the ETARC-Hub is there.

5 Likes