Future Update Speculation

4 Likes

To me, when I zoom in, that area looks like someone tried to obscure letters that were on the original photo.

4 Likes

@GullyFourmyle - Well, at least we do have a pot to **** in. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

Mrs Mad-Hatter & I have been discussing the amphora hint & we have come up with the following:

My initial thought is it is linked to the water-bearer aquarious links of Greek mythology & the similar destroyer of worlds/rebirth lore to the Atlas reset lore.
However…
Given we recently saw waterfalls introduced on the floating islands my thought was that it may relate to further water related improvements with maybe rivers & waterfalls on land or perhaps as suggested previously…deeper oceans.

Mrs Mad-Hatter then suggested that perhaps it is a revamp of underwater ruins, relics & perhaps yet another (underwater) race that may bring with it new underwater construction &/or revamped Nautilon exocraft.

We then got excited about new deep-water vessels, deeper oceans & a never before seen ruins & race introduction with lots of new goodies.

That’s our 4 cents anyway… :smile:

EDIT:
As an afterthought we also wondered if the somewhat aquatic looking Royal exotic ships & the ‘Squid’ exotic might have come from an ancient underwater race…
They never have been explained.

6 Likes

That giant traveller statue found in the game files…

After reading mrs hatter and your musings I can’t help but feel like it’s meant to spawn underwater.

While it’s safe to bet it’s just an expedition as that’s the regular pattern, we also haven’t had an update split into two parts before so all bets, are also off :joy:

7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

I came here, shocked nobody had spotted it. Went to reddit. Also no posts about it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/1f7zwwu/new_listings_in_qs_stores/

I’m never ever this early to anything

8 Likes

Congrats! :medal_sports:

4 Likes

Thanks, I made myself a bowl of coco pops to celebrate.

Your post now has me thinking some puzzles in the archaelogical ruins we are hypothesizing would be very cool. Finally a use for the big ball maybe '^_ ^

6 Likes

So with the ‘posters’ now unlocking from community research, I had a thought…

Dead Sea Posters ???

10 Likes

Based on data-mining, a potential world can have ruins. The derelict freighters are an excellent version of a procedural dungeon put in a science fiction setting. I’ve always wanted something similar on planets but it would of course have to be caves or underground ruins. I’m hoping we get procedural underground ruins and get to explore lost ancient civilizations.

10 Likes

I am seeing some say expedition tomorrow…any confirmation?

5 Likes

this, mostly, I believe

5 Likes

Thanks…my brain is short term this week. Very short term

4 Likes

As someone who forgot they had a doctors appointment this morning… that was booked yesterday… I totally relate.

I blame kids being back in school. It messes up time flow and memory sink.

edit:

Well that does it. Sexpedition confirmed.

7 Likes

Between that and the jugs, I feel we are doomed. X rated expedition confirmed

7 Likes

Not to be outdone by Cyberpunks selection, every **** procedural :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

Well, HG were alluding to several other games in the last few expeditions… Minecraft also had an Archaeology update recently… :thinking:
(You brush sand and dig up parts of vases that you piece together again. And eggs that hatch wooly ancient beings after you dig them out.) :grin:

7 Likes

Exp.15

5 Likes