Future Update Speculation

Bwahahaha rofl :rofl: classic :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, gotta love the hype train

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

5 Likes

Im on Polyphemus’ side of this being a hint toward an update on POIs. More specifically the ruins. Which makes sense because they haven’t been updated in YEARS and its likely a feature in LNF so I can see them working on that now.

But i’d like to add that the ruins we currently have do not have much variety so I can see them adding much wider variety and larger in size too with an updated look and an indiana-jones style armor set to accompany an expedition.

6 Likes

Just realized SM reposted the pic with the artifact. So I am going with Artefact. Definitely… 100% sure…or maybe this

7 Likes

Jug is phonetically identical to chug. As in, chug! chug! chug! chug!

Clearly, Sean wants to play a drinking game with us!

5 Likes

Some big spoilers since HG pushed the start date for the next expedition to the server:

Going by the trend of Content Update + Expedition patches having expeditions start much later compared to the update release, and expedition only patches having the expedition start a few hours after the drop (like Adrift), I have a good feeling :amphora: is mostly just an expedtion, maybe one leading into Worlds Part II.

Edit: As expected, the game’s on sale on steam now too:

9 Likes

If this expedition has us digging up artifacts, we will all be rich! :moneybag:

6 Likes

As a few others have noted, The vase is a greek amphora used to story wine, oil, water, human reamains, etc. It is referenced in the Greek story of Ganymede who poured out a flood from an Amphora upon his father’s horse farm :

https://www.dltk-teach.com/fairy-tales/aquarius/story.htm

Since there is a lot of references to Greek mythology already in NMS, I’m going with deep oceans because of this. XD

5 Likes

It seems we went in similar directions speculating on this. :slight_smile:

Knowing that particular type of vessel is a Greek amphora, I wonder if perhaps this is a hint at some new competitive element being introduced (starship racing, claimable space stations, etc), since special amphorae were apparently awarded as prizes for festival games :thinking:

6 Likes
11 Likes

Damn, that Sean is an adept teaser! :grin:

I love that his emoji teases have given us a lot of clever humor. An now a follow-up photo tease.

… A nice read for the U. S. labor day holiday.

6 Likes

:joy:

I know they said a player took the first photo, or was that confirmed?

Did the player go back and take a second photo for Sean with a Kiln? :joy:

8 Likes

Next of Kiln?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

Or perhaps SM cropped it and the zoomed in view is what enlarged the artifacting. It is still there in this image but very faint.
That area looks very much like the kind of glitches you see on the Switch and Abella plays on Switch…looking
Not Abella

4 Likes

Both are from the same person, and before the Sean Po(s)ts:

It would’ve been pretty funny if Sean went back and just DM-ed the guy like “Hey, could you maybe do one with a Pot next?”

3 Likes

I would do it! Anything for SM! :grin:

3 Likes

Fuzzy Thing?

Crop1

4 Likes

4 Likes

If you run it through a series of intricate signal passes and then open photoshop and paste a gopher this happens.

But waht does it mean!?

4 Likes

It means that we are going to be entertained by a stream of things popping out of a pot in the middle of a field, at least until mid week. How many rabbits can be pulled from one hat? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes