Etarc Hub Is Open

Hmmmm…that is so weird. When did you take that pic? I am wondering why my base is still showing in it’s old look. I reuploaded it to steam and made sure base sharing is on…very strange.
Oh well. Howdy to you too neighbor! :blush:

4 Likes

:blush:
Pic was taken today. If i understand the glitch from what i read elsewhere its because i saved my game while on your planet during my first visit before making it to your base. So other players should see your new base but in my game it will show the old one…weird. hopefully next update will solve things.

3 Likes

Ok, I finally figured out that if I use my visited planets list and mark the one ECSD planet I have been to during a portal visit, the galaxy map just might point me in the right direction! I feel kinda dumb. I was 3 warps away (Pilgrim Star Path estimate) and got another set of coordinets, and still 3 warps away, in the opposite direction. HAHA, I passed it somewhere. Now, when I’m done typing this, I’m marking it and going straight too it. No more flying around in circles looking like I took a wrong turn at Albuqurque LOL.

5 Likes

Base is dismantled, except for storage containers.
Made a dumb move yesterday and practically rage quit. I did my save file backwards, from sd card to pc, and went back to 170000 light years away from around 8000. But, I’ve been writing down coordinates so I can get right back where I was, I just have to claim a base to get my ship and freighter there with me.

3 Likes

Hey, Noobie question here! :joy:

Is the ETARCian hub a part of the NMSFederation? Didn’t seem to show up on the Pilgrim Star Path App.

2 Likes

No, it’s an independent entity, exclusive to ETARC/CSD members.

4 Likes

Thank God. With all the politics and rage going on there, this might just be a welcome departure.
the GHub are starting to seem like overlords :joy:

4 Likes

For the ETARC hub to be affiliated to anything, it would require some kind of formal governance - which, at the moment, it doesn’t have. As things stand, the ETARC hub is a place, rather than an organisation.

8 Likes

And I think that is just perfectly fine. Organizations are great and all, but too much of politics might just ruin the game.
I was reading how the GHDF are trying to purge Tempest from the galaxy and in the process are attacking neutral Consortium Hubs. Reddit discussions there are toxic like no other :laughing:

On a the bright side a physical hub location and players living symbiotically in their own terms nearby would be Perfect!

4 Likes

That was pretty much what we thought, too.

3 Likes

I have been catching glimpses of this on twitter and it looks like it is turning into an all-out galactic war. Like we don’t have enough of that in the real world…:grimacing: I hope we can remain neutral ground through the coming changes.

3 Likes

Aye. The Hubs are bickering amongst themselves over who is more “right”. And conquests into neutral territory.
The GHDF is being a bit pushy with it’s all out Galaxy wide Bounty on Tempest. And purging of Tempests systems.
Some dude called UltraZecor is edgeposting all over reddit and having his little conquest too.
Things like these make want to stay away from all that Vitriol :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I think what is most disturbing is how even just single vague suggestion about PvP is fracturing the normally very cooperative, supportive, tight-knit community of this game. A community that largely evolved this way in response to the very angry, aggressive, drama directed against it since the game’s release.

5 Likes

Very true. But I’d like to be positive about the whole thing and let people roleplay as they wish.

Remember. The community is only divided on the play of the game. Not the game itself.
It adds layers of play within and outside the game and it generally is a way to evolve this beyond one true playstyle.

4 Likes

I thought about this as well. Already, some of the systems we fly into are at war and some are peaceful. Now, it looks like this will take on added meaning. In reality if you flew into a system at war you would probably not stay, right? It does add an element of depth. As it is, most systems are fairly static except for Freighters warping in and a few, easily outrun pirates. The ETARC Hub will just be one of the peaceful systems. :blush:

5 Likes

Is there an Etarc hub on PC/Normal ?
I’m playing on a new save since 2 weeks back (yes, completely from scratch! It’s good fun actually) and might want to join once the main story quests are done…

Edit: Ok, re-reading some other posts and threads does indeed imply an ETARC hub on PC, but I only found mention of it in Survival mode…

3 Likes

Yeah i have a base there in PC normal.

Contact @sheralmyst - she connected me with a way in…

4 Likes

Aha!! I’ll contact you and sheralmyst soon again about this matter then, I’m not there at the moment, but as I said I’d be looking into joining something once the early-mid game is over (story paths and base quests I guess)…

4 Likes

You can also contact @Polyphemus. He is actually the one who set up the capital at the center of the chain. I will sadly be ‘out of the loop’ :wink: this weekend. I think I am going to miss a lot of fun especially if the E3 Xbox thing turns out like we hope.

4 Likes

Some shenanigans been going on between the hubs, reddit and General Lokar, i believe its been solved now and he’s been “persuaded” to delete his twitter and YT and keep the peace

Interesting

3 Likes