Etarc Hub Is Open

Finally, what a long strange trip its been. Made it to the ETARC chain. Currently at the bottom scouting for a place to claim. And I know to name the system with ECSD etc… I’m going to real careful with this save backup. I don’t want to do all that again. Whewww.

2 Likes

We still need someone to build our capital building on ps4 on all game types. We had talked about running a contest for host and build designer. I was thinking we could just take turns hosting. The host would design and caretake, I guess, for a term of like a month. Then the next on the list moves in.

Thoughts? Pc may also need some game types yet.

There appears to be a problem with that. In the same way that two players with bases in the same system can cause the game big problems, it seems there may be a difficulty with two players (or the same player, in two different modes) occupying the same system in different modes.

I’m not certain about survival mode and normal mode, but I’m pretty sure normal mode and creative mode interfere with each other.

So, if you have one player building a base in a system in normal mode, and another player building a base in the same system in creative mode, the two bases appear to cause each other problems.

It may not (and I stress “may” - I’m not 100% certain of this) be possible to have the same capital in two different modes.

I am, however, 100% sure that if somebody claims a system in normal mode, that system will appear as claimed by them in creative mode. So the two are definitely linked.

3 Likes

Didn’t you try that? The base showed in Normal but did not show in Creative?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve tried. The results are a bit inconclusive. There weren’t enough volunteer testers, and the tests weren’t done in a sufficiently systematic way, for me to be absolutely certain.

All I can say at the moment is that the results indicate something peculiar is going on. Some visitors could see the bases, and others couldn’t. Or the same visitor would be able to see the base on one visit, but not on the next.

Unfortunately, to test the problem properly would require a lot of people to spend a lot of time going through all the possible permutations. And even then we could be easily confounded.

We know, for instance, that the game’s server is pretty flaky. Sometimes it can respond instantly, and sometimes it can take hours. All the base information is coming from this server. Any instability in the server can totally mess up any of our experimental results.

3 Likes

Any ps4 normal-mode players, do you still have your base in or in jump range of the star-chain? I never got the chance to base-hop much.

2 Likes

There are many players at the Hub. I will try to call them to you. I am on PC. :smiley:

3 Likes

i’ll pm you…

3 Likes

Many thanks =)

4 Likes

Here’s one I just found for you, and there is no active base on this system if you’re looking to get your ship through.

If you’re looking for some bases to visit sadly mines only up and running on survival mode, still searching for home on current normal save in ETARC hub :slight_smile:

@Mad-Hatter and @Sir_oops have a much better idea of places that might be around the hub I think ':slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks but i am sadly only 4 glyphs in at the moment

1 Like

Some wonderful people made a comm ball trail on a planet marking all glyph locations. You only need two glyphs to get there :slight_smile:

{TOG}quest-001 {Enter the TOG} | The Portal Repository

2 Likes

That sounds really cool ill check it out!

1 Like

@itzandp hope to see you soon, the CSFD has a base, kind off. Lets just say our Gek overseer, is a little lacks on building codes. Err. JK, there is a reason for the mess. I have a creative base on the same planet too., which also needs work. Othrys XVI… Wichukchiinic CSFD. Still need to plant those plants from pilgrim star, @Mad-Hatter.

I got to get the portal address, i’ll update later.

1 Like

I don’t know if you are interested, but here is a website that is organizing information, they have a listing for Hubs and are interested in adding ETARC to the list. No alliance or anything, just a listing for curious parties
Here is the site https://atlashub.space/

And here is a form for their information purposes google doc

3 Likes

Now with NEXT release very soon, the in-game database seems to be getting an update which I think has been needed for some time. The two surveys requested by Hello Games will likely in the long run eclipse a lot of these well intentioned player sites to organise all the data. I wonder if the web surveys and input GUI will be integrated into the game or remain separate.

1 Like