[ETARC HUB]: Citizen Science Frontiers Division CSFD

We spent so much time during 1.0 with crashed ships (and looking for transmission facilities). But a least even if we didn’t claim the ship we had many things to dismantle. Now the ships are so empty… :frowning:

1 Like

For us, pc users there use to be a mod that made the frame of the cockpit transparent. It was a pleasure to take the hold landscape in whilst flying about with our lo’-flight…
A new version/concept has come out for 1.5 that makes the hold cabin fully invisible. A bit too much for me, I stick to 3rd.person with its handy toggle feature for scouting and still being able too look at my instruments.

Where does this Black Hole Lead at the edge of the Center?

Summary

2 Likes

I’ve heard it sends you to a phantom star inside the haze.

1 Like

Try it and see, then reload previous save if no good?

2 Likes

I did try it, no phantom star, push me back into the galaxy about 4 thousand Light years

2 Likes

Well, that was anticlimactic. Good to know, thought.

It used to be something like this. DTC hub people should know more. Now I’ve heard on DTC discord, that HG are “cleaning the area” and blocking those systems.

1 Like

The Instigator’s bi-weekly report. #1

My fellow Frontier Nomads,

Even thought our Hub, is yet to have a home we push on in the name of Etarc and the Citizen Science Frontiers Division. We know are original missions, to pursue the True Center and to seek out the extraordinary.

Notification:

1. By popular vote of 3 we made NonexistentParadiseCSFD-ZIG in Kikolgallr
    discovered by zsigmond, Outpost #8. and 1st Outpost.
    PA: 319201008001
    The planet is reported to be a Paradise Planet, with trees and no creatures.

2. See the OP, I added some voting, these will be left up for new members to join.

3. About voting, If you want a vote on something, go ahead and draft one up, send it to me or post it. Depending on participants, we will run with it and/or close bi-weekly. We can have challengers to these votes periodically when we have more active members. (note on using polls, once the vote is posted it requires admins. to modify it.)

4. Things I think we need and or should work on. official… logo, flag, motto, many quick references, voting, leadership, rank/point/rewards, promotions. please list ideas in comments?

I have a few ideas that need voting on.

A PS4 hub in the Budullangr, galaxy named Budullangr Amino Hub would like us to start an outpost near or within their hub. see https://forums.etarc.org/t/the-budullangr-amino-hub-and-port-of-call/3099?u=sir_oops
What say you?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

The Spacing guild is in need of clients, should we see about being a client? Perhaps, they can claim an Outpost for us? https://forums.etarc.org/t/the-spacing-guild-has-re-opened-for-business-and-is-accepting-new-clients-and-members/3157?u=sir_oops
What say you?

See about becoming a Spacing Guild client,

• yes
  • no

0 voters

See if they will claim an outpost for us,

• Outpost sounds good
  • How about something else, see my comment.

0 voters

Should the CSFD, promote memberships outside of Etarc, i.e. have chapters open across many hubs? Etarc being the founding and head chapter of all CSFD.
What say you?

• yes
  • no

0 voters

Thank you, to everyone how has replied, liked and/or participated. This forum is just the best, I’ve learned so much the past couple weeks and have had a blast. I encourage you all to be instigators for the Etarc Hub and the Citizen Science Frontiers Division.

:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:
Just another Instigator,
Oops

Next report 9-25-17

2 Likes

The Spacing Guild’s Hub Exploration Assistance Department (H.E.A.D.) would love to help with any CSD hub establishment activities in the Euclid galaxy. We just started a HEAD project, but if you contact me about it and register with your hub’s location now, you will be the next on our list to do.

HEAD will explore and name with your custom tag, all the star and planets in the region of your choosing, and we will list their names with notes of rare discoveries on our website. Check out the HEAD tab on our website to see our current project. http://www.boomstickjoes.com/the-spacing-guild/index.php

ETARC currently is not the best way to get ahold of me, since I can no longer access it from home. So contact me one of the following ways:
Playstation 4: Merimacdwarf-orc
Youtube: Mac Foraday
Twitter: @macforaday

1 Like

Any thoughts on the what makes a good outpost? What is the ideal DTC, system, planet, distance from base to portal?

Instigator’s bi-weekly report #2!

My honorable Frontier Nomads,

I have closed the voting form Instigator’s bi-weekly report #1. We have decided to accept a diplomat relationship with the “Budullanger Amino Hub” (PS4). I am going to see if they are willing to start one, or if we need to get a member there. We will be hiring the Spacing guild to seek out an Outpost in The Euclid Galaxy, if they are willing. I need to tell them what we are looking for. here is what i was thinking.

Outpost criteria
One planet named “CSFD @SlowRiot4NuZero
in system named “ETRAC Emily16”
DTC: 0-4000 LY
PA: required
It is preferred that the Portal must be in sight of unclaimed base, and at the most no further then 1 hour. Planet must be as non-threatening as possible, yet resource rich.

• Sounds good.
  • I would like some changes, see my post.

0 voters

We decide that we should not promote memberships outside of Etarc, as in branches in other hubs. They will have to become members here or request a diplomat relationship, like the “Bull… amino Hub”.

@zsigmond has made many jump toward the True Center and is well on his way to the 16th galaxy. We have many gaps to fill to catch up to him. In the mean time he has some close to center planets that we can make Outpost. There are more, they were extremes. If any one wants to vote on another let me know.

Please pick 5 Outpost from the list below, one for each galaxy. I picked these from here.
[ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting There are more, they were extremes. If any one wants to vote on another let me know.

#GALAXY | DTA | PLANET_NAME | DESCRIPTION

• (9) Eltiensleen | 3,903 | ETARC-Ubtsov-GB-ZIG | Wind-swept, good place, Terminal
  • (9) Eltiensleen | 2,899 | ETARC- Edge-world-GB-ZIG | Sub-zero, normal cold world.
  • (11) Elkupalos | 2,883 | ETARC-Olinsarosla-GB-ZIG | Blighted
  • (11) Elkupalos | 2,883 | ETARC-SatKaray-GB-ZIG | Viridescent
  • (12) Aptarkaba | 3,201 | ETARC-Muglinski-GB-ZIG | Blighted
  • (13) Ontiniangp | 3,509 | Goordteer Navis | High Temperature
  • (13) Ontiniangp | 3,509 | Muhirdabokba |
  • (14) Odiwagiri | 3,297 | CSFDS-ATLAS-Emulontro-GB-ZIG | Lush
  • (14) Odiwagiri | 3,297 | CSFD-ATLAS-lodi-GB-ZIG | Sub-zero, best planet

0 voters

Question for you guys, voting every two week or every week?

• Weekly
  • Bi-weekly

0 voters

In other news,

Later,
:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

Next report 10-9-17
p.s. today is the 24th… oops… Oh well, day early.

1 Like

On the Outpost vote only vote five times, I see now you can pick more. Also you can re-vote on that one, at least i could.
another thing to vote on voting

• all votes public
  • all votes private
  • drafters discretion

0 voters

or :rofl:

• all votes public
  • all votes private
  • drafters discretion

0 voters

When I say Public vs Private I mean the poll type, I was always going to have them here, in this thread, and not in messages or outside site. Thought, I would clarify that even if I didn’t need to, because I’m like that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’m at the center about to jump again.
Looking for a planet to colonize.
So far most have extreme sentinels, or extreme weather.
I make take me a few hours, maybe days to find one.
Tis very tiring lol looking.
Especially when flying in space is so hazardous.
Being turned into scrambled eggs with the bouncing of the ship.

2 Likes

voting broke? @oldgods

1 Like

Hey @Vortex,

I saw you voted in OP, you officially want to join the CSFD of ETARC?:grin:

Anyone else, I just want to make sure anyone who considers themselves a Nomad for the CSFD are included in all are endeavors.

I’d like to contribute where I can, Im currently 249000ly from the center of kiko…its very lonely out here

3 Likes

Welcome, glad to have you.:grinning: Hopefully, soon we will all be like a squadron heading towards the true center together. Maybe, we can convince Zig and Xion to wait for us, I think will just have to catch up. :triumph:

The biggest problem to catching up is time … Emily is running out of it …
Consider - 1 center per week equals almost 5 years of exploration to get to the true center.

Consider - 1 center per days equals 8.5+ months

4 Likes