Emily Glitch Video Analysis

If you ignore the audio, and just look at the gaps, there are long ones and short ones. If you consider the long gaps as breaks, and count the short gaps between them, you get the following sequence:

10, 10, 1, 6, 3, 11, 7, 2, 17, 7, 13, 2, 1, 6, 12, 3, 6, 5, 8, 1, 20, 3, 9, 3, 21, 13, 7, 1, 3

Converting the numbers to letters, on the basis that a=1, b=2, etc. gives:

jjafckgbqgmbakaflcehatcicumgab

Running that through ROT13 gives:

wwnspxtodtzonxnsyprungpvphztno

So, no joy there. But i’m still thinking.

4 Likes

try all the ROT sequences…

I tried the same with the binary sequence I had (binary → morse → ascii), but no luck… ROT1 through ROT25

The trouble with this approach, I think, is that the gaps are of varying length, not simply long and short.

In the first dozen ‘blips’ in the spectrogram I see gaps of width 1, 2, 3, and 6.

edit - see if I can link a screenshot:

The grid of dots is pretty much aligned with the bars in the spectrogram, allowing you to more easily see the width of the gaps.

Try this. It’s a waveform display. The audio bursts are varying lengths, but the gaps between them only have two lengths.

I ran a full spectrum decryption on those letters you identified and 2 sequences stand out given other clues we’ve dealt with in previous parts.
ASCII[!-~]+92
llchemidsiodcmchnegjcvekewoicd
ASCII+125
llchemidsiodcmchnegjcvekewoicd
Both of these feature 11 chems IDs before it turns to gibberish I cant work out.
On the new blue code disks there are 12 numbers believed to be element melting points. One is different in that it is a "minus"number leaving 11.
Are we onto something here or just chasing shadows here?

2 Likes

Chem Id Si is silicon. as for the rest…

Nope, no good. The first two are letter "L"s not "1"s.
It came up in a different font and stooged me…sorry.:roll_eyes:
That means all that’s in there is “chemsids” which isn’t enough to claim it’s something.

Could someone try running rumbling audio that was found hidden in this glitched video using this method there some web sites that can decide RTTY

1 Like

The audio I’m refereing to is this
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2TXIRnadWftcThOZW5VVGxRV1U

I’m currently trying, but there are so many modes and parameters that choosing one over the other feels too arbitrary to me to make sense…I’m not giving up yet, but if you can think of some clues left by Emily about this…I mean, let’s assume she’s trying to make contact…what would she do and how would she do it??

3 Likes

Moreover, listening to RTTY samples you can notice that the audio toggles between two frequencies. We don’t have anything like that, we have a constant sound that is interrupted. My first guess was morse code but that doesn’t seem to make sense…If you have any suggestion, please let us know!

1 Like

so far the only words I can make out are if you receive this signal help us I have sent the alderfas or elder five next phrase not sure then defeat Gondar- a great distance- im with others

good luck people.
I’m off for a bit of sleep. :last_quarter_moon_with_face:

Interestingly, the inventor of the Baudot code was EMILE Baudot. It was later refined by a fellow called Donald MURRAY. I think I’m clutching at straws here.

More interestingly, Baudot’s invention is where the word “baud” comes from :smiley:

2 Likes

This fact about the term baud is super interesting. I work with serial communication protocols almost every day and I always wondered from where it came! Cheers mate!

Maybe subjective, but this is what I saw…

3 Likes

I put it through a morse code website through seven different types and this was really all I got #####H#IS#EE5#ES## SHS# EE

2 Likes

Just wanna say thanks to all he peeps for all your time and effort with this. While I can’t do much my end there is something, I’m trying to reach out to the ham radio group that Emily has marked as an interest in her face book page, still waiting for my request to join to be accepted before I can ask questions, may no lead to anything but I figured it’s worth a shot

5 Likes

I find it interesting that this Emily video and Elizabeth Leighton’s videos contain the same “put on helmet (?)” animation near the end of the videos.

3 Likes