Elizabeth Leighton video message #5

@Shota I know this is one theory of time travel/manipulating the past, but it reduces the function to nothing but a thought experiment in essence, because any manipulation of the past from the future vantage point of the manipulator is pushed off into an alternate reality, so nothing happens as far as they’re concerned. So in order for time travel or temporal communication to have any relevance, it has to have an impact on the history of that universe. Paradoxes are a necessary evil in such a premise, but that’s one of the deals with time manipulation.

So let’s say that Elizabeth Leighton and her fellows cause a bad thing to happen in the future, time loop or whatever, and she’s sending messages to the past to try and get someone to intervene somehow. As they keep trying, as nothing is happening yet, or they keep looping, her messages begin piling up and corrupting each other. If the hypothesis is true that any messing with the past causes a split in the timeline, that means we would only see one message, and our “other selves” in other parallel timelines would each see their own message. But clearly that isn’t happening, as messages keep piling on top of each other.

We have an example of how this plays out in reality here. This is an uncommon “active” board in which edits of posts happen more or less in real time. I have seen posts change before my eyes. We’re changing the past (our original posts) whenever we do an edit, and that “past” is wiped in favor of another. I’m changing my past right now with this paragraph. Now there is an “alternate universe” noted by an edit symbol and the number of edits above the post, and I assume we can go back and compare edited versions by clicking n it, or maybe not (edit: yep, you can, just peeked), but it is recognized by the “universe” of this forum that history has been altered.

So why don’t we see all the messages at once? This may have something to do with the relationship between Time and Consciousness we don’t fully grasp. (Outside the ARG: duh, we don’t get the goodies until the right conditions / puzzle goals are achieved).

I guess I’m the Dr McCoy playing devil’s advocate around here, but challenging ideas is the heart of the investigative and scientific method, and how we arrive at the truth.

1 Like

I’m not thinking very deeply about this, but, I think we’re getting messages from multiple futures. Our actions, our potential actions, having myriad results, lead to myriad futures–the multiverse. But only in the general. Us ourselves, our consciousnesses, will only proceed into one future. We split every instant with every choice. In one we make the right choice, and save Elizabeth and perhaps save Atlas. In countless others we fail, and countless futures are filled with never-ending despair. Thanks to Echo, we can hear the results of of them. So the Elizabeths we hear are those that failed in the first, and those we failed to save.

And yet, it’s Friday, and nearly lunch time, too.

2 Likes

I’ve listened more in depth and have noticed several thigns:

Videos 1, 3 both start with the “Hello…”
Videos 2, 4 both start with the “My Name is” and skip the hello
Video 5 has my name is garbled multiple times in the video… The what if we tried this already line almost seems like she can hear the garbled beginning and is responding to it, then that line is actually repeated in a garbled format…