Elizabeth Leighton video message #5

“resistance is futile”
:anguished:

For me, the “What if we’ve tried this already” line definitely suggests a time loop. But the concerning thing is why there’s one so positive and one so… Not. Or any number of either, I guess. If they’re stuck in an infinite loop, wouldn’t they be broadcasting distress signals as soon as they could? Why send back a recruiting video?

3 Likes

In the cleaned-up audio thread, I suggested that one of Elizabeth’s muffled phrases is different timeline, infected symbols. If their experiment resulted in a jumble of timelines converging on each other, that could result in a happy outcome and a bad one. Maybe. But the indication of a recruiting video makes it seem like we’re talking not just about the same segment of time, but of different chronological periods.

In one of the previous PDFs Elizabeth told the team to focus on the experiment, and that they’d deal with their “issue” later. It might be that they were causing Bad Things to happen with space-time before things got really bad.

Well, you could also argue they’re not in a time loop but instead in a multiverse branch (I believe that option came up when discussing the multiverse site). Additionally, they do not need to be in a time loop, but even if you just try to send things back to the past, you’re gonna wonder “didn’t we already do this in 2 years from now?” coz if it’s all being sent back to lets say 2017, then you don’t know if you already did something in the coming year that you’ll now do again (assuming a non deterministic future, which potentially requires a multiverse to properly work out)… nvm this, a multiverse is so much simpler than time paradoxes…

2 Likes

This whole thing makes my brain hurt. Someone science it into Emily-friendly words please :frowning:

2 Likes

It hurts my brain too, Emily. I’m not sure if we have enough information yet to know what’s going on with Elizabeth. And also, assuming she’s stuck in a time vortex sometime in the future, how is she able to coordinate agents to meet with us in the present?

I feel like her phrase different timeline, infected symbols warrants more investigation. “Symbols” makes me think of the Waking Titan glyphs, and the red color when they’re activated is a bit eerie, like a biohazard warning. Has someone been directing us to “infect” the symbols? Does this relate to the 9/16 tape message we got saying, “One day your voice will speak to you telling you of something, some signal that needs answering. It will tell you of some secret at the heart of reality, some puzzle that needs to be solved lest all life falls into decay and oblivion. Do not listen to it.”

4 Likes

And it’s already weird…haha

This is what I am thinking:

Happy-Elizabeth first sent a message back in time. Whoever received the message did what she asked and either cased something bad to happen, or made the problem she was asking for help with WORSE.

This caused an alternate timeline with Desperate-Elizabeth. She is trying again to get help with a problem which was made worse the last time she sent a message back in time, but she doesn’t realize that it was the cause (though she does suspect it).

So the question is: Now that we have recieved the Desperate-Elizabeth message, will we do something to fix her problem or will we just make it worse again?

4 Likes

I’m vaccilating between solarparty’s position and MacForADay’s.

Strictly speaking, if you’re stuck in a timeloop, you don’t know it. Unless you’re a Timelord. So Elizabeth can only suspect she’s in a loop because they were messing with Time related technology, and something went wrong or they’re afraid it has and caused a time problem. Maybe it’s centered on experiments with those faster-than-light tachyons that produce a causality paradox. So to get help the only way they can is one or both of two things:

• Send messages to Earth’s past to get someone to intervene (i.e., us)
  • Send messages to space in hopes another hopefully benevolent race with better technology can fix things

Which brings me to the weird message on the first page of the Superlumina site:

Controlling Information
Since beyond time, we have consumed immense swaths of knowledge and obtained untold power. We will come for your world as we have many others.
JOIN OUR CRUSADE

This may not be so nefarious. These beings are looking for recruits - or traitors - for a crusade of some kind. This may be random chance that aliens are coming to Earth at just the right time, or it could be a result of Elizabeth’s attempt to contact a space fairing people. What the “crusade” is will hopefully be clued up at some point, but if these are the Gek as some theorize, they might be the best allies to engage in unraveling whatever all these organizations are doing to the universe. The Gek resent the Sentinels and are clever enough to be able to help with this, which most likely is the foundation of the Atlas and its grab for control of the universe. If they figure out that this work ends up creating Atlas and the Sentinels, they will be hell bent on stopping it.

Of course Atlas does come to be, does control or at least manipulate the universe, so all we can do is participate and see how this fascinating history unfolds. :yum:

2 Likes

Ok so when you look at time etc you have to remember what you have done. The bonus of history is we know wjat has happened on our timeline. We won’t know what happens on someone elses. If you tamper with the past, you link up with a different verse. There are infinite versions. So with the telephone deal, if you call the same point in time from different times, you’ll get the garbled message. But also, if another verse does what we have done, then we have crossed our wires as it were. It does get messy but its like spaghetti, gotta follow each strand.

1 Like

I tried to bring out these letters a bit more:

Looks like SPS to me? Which could be the Super Proton Synchotron at CERN (CERN’s been mentioned on the ARG sites a few times), or who knows…

1 Like

So a general question - each video fragment comes along, essentially, with a website (including this one) - is it just me or does each fragment when revealed have a little bit of a connection or a tip of the hat to the site that is revealed (look at what came out when echo-64 came out and this last one and so on… - there is that whole concept of a site not being there and then suddenly there with a history and so on… could the pieces of the video we are getting also link somehow to this?

Maybe the recruiting video is like a seed - when the echo 64 ad came out, it mentioned taking recordings you had and then extending them… maybe that is the same thing going on here - taking a recording they had and “extending” it??

1 Like

Oh - I also have wanted to ask if it was discussed if this quote from http://www.superlumina-6c.com/2013/10/03/non-linear-transmission-technologies-nltt/ Might refer to the Elizabeth Videos. Using the website’s definition, we have received the Elizabeth videos, perhaps, before they were sent. Is Elizabeth/Atlas the primary partner mentioned?

A simple test has been proposed to our constituents which would consist of broadcasting a simple message within a narrow wavelength. Receiving this message before the time of the planned experiment with specific identifying information would verify that this form of communication is not only possible, but incredibly practical. We are already in talks with our primary partner to design and prepare such an experiment within the next several months.

PS - actually are all the ads on the radio stations examples of this “simple test”?

To go along with your last question: Do any of these companies even exist in our reality?

In an interview, Emily pointed out that these websites seem to pop into existence, yet claim to have been around in the past (most of the companies seem to have started around 2008 or 2009). Emily even said this appears to be some kind of “time trickery”.

What if the tachyonic antitelephone can not only contact the past, but alternate timelines where the companies never existed? In fact, the websites could have been uploaded in this way, if the tachyonic signal could enter the internet via sattelite signals (like from the Myriad sattelites).

Also, the blog post about the NLTT is from back in 2014. They may have been conducting tests to contact other timelines for years, plenty of time for Major Dubois, Elizabeth Leighton and the other agents we have been in contact with in our reality to become aware of it.

What we are seeing now is these signals from another reality finally becoming clear enough for us to see and hear coherent pictures and audio.

3 Likes

This exactly describes what came to my head over the last weeks! All over the Websites connected to Waking Titan you can find these weird glitches in Text and Images. So where do these glitches come from? Are they indications of data that has been corrupted in the process of being send through time? Maybe because the newly invented process of sending data via tachyonic signal isn’t optimized, yet?

If this is true, it points even more to the yet unknown questions: Who uploaded them; and why?

3 Likes

Let’s take into even wilder speculation, what if this antitelephone doesn’t just broadcast things like audio-video data, what if they can broadcast as was mentioned in some of the superlumima web pages, other data? So these websites that we are seeing and the reason they’re glitching is because they’re being broadcast just like a phone call. You know how when you call someone up and the phone rings for a little bit before someone picks up maybe that’s what’s going on with these websites and that 24 hour wait. We have than “ringing” until the connection is made.

1 Like

These are some really cool (and sort of scary) theories! I’m hoping we learn more about the events that lead to these websites and these people. I think the idea of data loss or corruption isn’t a bad theory, but depending on how advanced the technology is (or will be) isn’t there always a chance that this ‘corruption’ is intentional?

4 Likes

Yes - actually people have hidden data in “static” for a long time - Physics - Hiding Secrets in Spontaneous Patterns and there is stuff like numbers stations and odd stuff like UVB-76 - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I’ve heard a bit about numbers stations, they’re definitely interesting… Do you think the same thing could be happening here?

1 Like