Echo-64 has updated

That “generic format” is a UID. It makes it impossible to brute force the asset.

Just sent an app for a Counseling position at Echo…Wish me luck team.

1 Like

Did you attach a cover letter and resume? I did not I am hoping someone with more time on their hands will try something like that.

1 Like

Please report what you find, if they respond somehow. Very interested.

Well! This has certainly been exciting. :smiley: I’m going to take a little break for now and mull things over. I’ll be sure to keep checking in, though.

1 Like

there are three 4-digit job codes too

Yeah, I noticed that. Problem is, all of them are straight decimal digits. It’s highly unlikely none of them would have any occurrences of a-f, so I’m doubting that my idea will pan out at all. Still, probably a good idea to keep track of any numbers that pop up.

For completeness’s sake, though, in case anyone else has any ideas for them, the job numbers are: 1799, 1802, 1808

Edit: Also, from the history page, there is the very specific reference to “1974+ employees”. Interestingly, all of these numbers are past calendar years.

112 97 115 116 101 from the top of the search engine is unused too

And the 84.190.188 from lower right also unused afaik

I think the 112 97 115 116 101 is a hint to the puzzle with the hex code sequence below. It spells ‘paste’ in ascii.

Edit: My initial thought was Pastebin as soon as I got that title, which turned out to be the case.

I am however really curious about yet another YouTube link. The 84.190.188 may be related.

I’m looking into the 84.190.188 right now. So far I haven’t found anything by searching 84.190.188.{0-255} but I’m looking through {1-255}.84.190.188 at the moment and found a few valid addresses, though none of them seem relevant (if they respond, they either go to an error page or a login screen for some random company).

Looking into this as well now. Certainly looks like part of an IP.

Yeah, though after looking through everything I’m become less convinced it’s pointing us to a valid IP address. Might be relevant in some other way though.

As for the “paste” thing, look above in this thread. If you copy/paste the hex code below it into a proper converter, you can turn it into a .gif which sends you to this pastebin: 54 68 65 72 65 20 69 73 20 6e 6f 74 68 69 6e 67 20 65 69 74 68 65 72 20 67 6f 6f - Pastebin.com. Further convert that hex to text and you get a quote from Hamlet Act 2, Scene 2, Page 11. That’s as far as we could take it. Not sure if “2211” might be relevant to anything or not.

Ah, but I have already done all that. I was the one hinting to look into GIF89a :wink:

1 Like

Ahh, my bad. I see now you were responding to someone else about it.

Well I figured I might as well try sending an application for JOB #2211. No response, yet. Will see if they reply. Did not attach cover letter or resume though. Anyone figured what these should be? I’m not just going to send my personal information to a random email.

Which, if it is light, gives white.

I just realized, combined with the other youtube video that was linked… this looks like a book cypher.
We would need a complete transcription of the song’s lyrics… then look up word “84” “190” and “188”.

See what it says.

2 Likes

I too, think the 1974 is strange, wo gives is employee number like that?

FYI for everyone here: I’ve (somewhat thoroughly) checked all possible IP addresses in the 84.190.188.{0-255} and {1-255}.84.190.188 ranges. For both ranges, I ran a command to ping each possible address and dump the addresses that responded into a .txt file. I then manually checked the addresses that showed up in that file.

For the first range, I found no valid addresses.

For the second, the only valid addresses I found either led to error pages (4 addresses), login screens (2 addresses), and one random page that just linked to a Microsoft page. I sent these to DevilinPixy for a second opinion and we both agree they are almost certainly not relevant to WT. I don’t want to post the addresses here since there’s no need to send a flurry of traffic to these sites. By all means, check for yourself if you want, but I think this avenue of investigation is closed off.

Edit: I’ve reached the max number of posts for an account’s first day, so I guess this is the last you’ll hear from me until tomorrow. Apparently the post limit extends to PMs as well, so I’m limited to simply editing my existing posts until tomorrow. If you want to check out the valid addresses yourself without going through the tedium of finding them, PM me on reddit. Same username: https://www.reddit.com/user/doctordevice

2 Likes

Alright good attempt anyways! :slight_smile: