{-EARGASM-} :: celebrating 65DaysOfStatic's NMS OST

I can listen to all from France. (without any software)

Using a VPN allow to watch/listen to medias when blocked by your own country :wink:

1 Like

I like the music they made for the game but I don’t know how to feel about them aggressively going after every youtube video that discusses the new trailer without muting their music out of it…it’s a trailer designed to sell the game, a trailer that should be spread and seen by as many as possible…it seems kind of scammy for them to try to take the money from every video that discusses the game with the trailer there…it’s not like someone went out of their way to steal that music or illegally use it, it just happened to be in the trailer that is the topic of discussion.

Thank you, @kerdorin, Merci Beaucoup, pour ton confirmation. Je t’en pris.

(How’s my French? It’s been a long time, and I’ve forgotten some rules.)

Thanks, @DarthTrethon – which “them” agressively going after…?
Them 65DoS or Them HG? Cuz if 65DoS is doing so, I’d hope they’ll “find” all the “other” (re-)uploaders of their music and shut them down. Due to YT payments, re-uploaders are specifically (potentially) “making money” off the back of another creator, and not even PRETENDING it’s “fair use” – there’s no Discussion, etc.
++shrugs++

65DOS…youtube videos are being hit because of the music…not the gameplay. And I’m not talking about re-uploads…I’m talking about genuine creators covering the game…where they actually discuss the trailer at length, but just because the trailer is shown unmuted they get hit.

That IS a scam…to take the profits from a video where someone discusses a trailer for half an hour because of a minute or trailer music since…you know…if you’re going to cover a trailer you should show it too in case anyone didn’t see it yet.

It’s not like someone just re-uploads a trailer without effort and profits…that kind of stuff never works…because all the big gaming media channels get the youtube profits from that…copies of the trailer uploaded by the likes of IGN and so on without any effort…and they don’t get hit.

@DarthTrethon, yeah – I’ll revisit a few of the other 65DoS music-posters I’d prev. found on YT, to see if they’ve been muted or shut down yet…

Cuz if 65 is “only” hitting those featuring the NEXT trailer (which features DEBUTANTE, which we know is NOT official NMS soundtrack, but WAS licensed for the original NMS preview video), but not hitting any other sharer of 65’s music, then I feel that is INconsistent . . . . .

As for genuine content creators, hopefully you’ll see that I AGREE.
Discussing a trailer at length - and of course showing it (some reviewers DO already mute the audio, mostly cuz they’re talking over the re-shared video) - makes sense, and ought to fall under “Fair Use”. I don’t expect 65 to be cracking down on trailer discussions…

1 Like

This is done by automated bots on youtube, not by people and even if the band members themselves are made aware of it unfortunately their record label is the one holding the cards on that decision.

Fortunately the decision the label would make would be that its fair use and would lift the sanction.

Unfortunately youtube bots are terrible at identifying what is and isn’t fair use and the label, they may not even be aware of it right now. Usually enough reports might get someone on youtube to be like oh yeah thats fair use I’ll flick the unban button on that one, it’s very rarely the companies who’s copyright these bots are protecting even know case by case who’s videos have been unfairly targeted.

It’s the problem with automation, it does not yet have the human elemtent of analysing a situation and using common sense.

But when you think about the flow they’re up against it makes sense the only real way they can handle such issues is to let the bots fire without discrimination and try clean up the mistakes as they go.

2 Likes

Brilliant reply, @toddumptious - thanks v much for that.

Any thoughts on per-country blocking of access to content…?

I’m not a YT content creator (yet?!), mainly cuz not anywhere NEAR top-spec PC (yeah, don’t need top spec, but I’m lliterally nowhere NEAR it, not even “quite good spec”, see…), so I haven’t the foggiest how it might work… :frowning:

ETARC WORLDWIDE – lend me your ears:wink:

Please can any CANADIANS and any ASIA residents double-check the YouTube links in Post #2 in this thread, please? Thank you! :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

Canadian here, video is not available in my country.

Also, I listen to the soundtrack constantly at work through Google Play. It helps to have focus music when you look at numbers all day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks @janeofthewilds, for helping me check Canada. Darn shame… :frowning:

… but I believe I may have a viable solution …

1 Like

POTENTIAL SOLUTION:
… to safely get around the “not available in your country” error message on YouTube

Use a WEB based Proxy, such as:

This is not “random”; you’ll find it’s the top selection on REPUTABLE tech site, TechRadar:

Try it now!

• Open an extra Browser Tab … (or press Ctrl-T);
  • Load up VPNbook’s WebProxy page (above);
  • then copy-paste the following link for the Debutante track, as a “test”:
    Debutante - YouTube

REMEMBER to change the drop-down box selection from “Random Proxy” to UK

… then click the GO button. If all goes well, you should have a YouTube page playing 65DoS’ Debutante! :smiley:

If that WORKS for you, HOVER over individual links from the tracklist post (#2) above, and “Copy link address” from here, Pasting it into the Target-URL-box of the WebProxy page loaded on a separate browser tab.

(Post #2: {-EARGASM-} :: celebrating 65DaysOfStatic's NMS OST - #2 by Argent-Star ) <3

Actually @Argent-Star, if I go to the youtube page all the songs play. So it’s just the direct links that don’t work :slight_smile:

1 Like

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Well ain’t THAT a right bugger…! :stuck_out_tongue:

Here I am, trying to make the music “conveniently accessible, track by track”, and YouTube manages to thwart my over-complication of things by making the 65DoS channel accessible. :frowning_face:

Actually… Can you do me ONE favo(u)r, please, JotW, and just give my “direct links” one more go?
Normally, a Country block shouldn’t “change” depending on which page you land on…

I’d addressed 65DoS directly about other countries’ inaccessibility; I’m wondering if they might’ve “fixed” it in the last couple days…! (Wouldn’t that be nice?!)

Thankies!

SPECIAL NOTE FOR MODS:

Thread moved(?) to wrong category – these are 65DoS’ own original music for the NMS OST; absolutely NOT “my” creation … so does not logically belong in “Creative Mode” category of “anything YOU create”…? :confused:

Thanks?

Isn’t that always the way? We create our own problems :rofl:

Still no luck with your links at the top but if I click through to the channel and play, say, Supermoon, no problem.

1 Like

@Argent-Star: I changed the category to ‘No Man’s Sky’

We are still working hard on the new organisation to ensure everything is in the correct place. Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

1 Like

Thanks, @DevilinPixy – I was just a little confused, not complaining… :smiley:

Just trying to think about the “intended audience” and where it might be “best” to have this thread, for ppl to find.
:wink: :+1:

Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

With thanks to @janeofthewilds, it would seem that this link to 65DaysOfStatic’s FULL NMS Soundtrack album PLAYLIST on YouTube “AutoPlay” will be the best option, for “everyone”.

It ill open on Track 1, Monolith, but you can select tracks by scrolling (the scrollbar to the right of) the list.

The only thing you don’t get from it, is “Debutante”:frowning:
((…because it’s from a different album, and was used for the “preview” / teaser videos…))

I hope this works for everyone, now:

ENJOY!!

:heart:

1 Like

I’m so sorry, that still doesn’t work. Maybe just a link to their page? :slight_smile: