Videos šŸ“¹

No Manā€™s Sky Videographers!

Our journey continues with yet another sci-fiā€¦

Guy asks for a ā„ž.ā€”Doc says: ā€œDude, it ainā€™t writerā€™s block; Itā€™s traveller's overwhelm!ā€

Diagnosis reads: ā€œGameplay, paintings, poems, music, spoilers, majestically bazaar, simplistic, probabilistic, soothing/sublime, adorably monstrous, dangerously cute, joint exploration, solo contemplation, popular, should be popular, probably a good reason not to be popular, that time when the game glitched and ProcGen melted before you as you watched your 16 cohorts be catapulted into dual singularity, Mother Atlas and her Sentinel Minions, ok I made all that up myself :face_with_hand_over_mouth:, just simple stuff and whateverā€¦ā€ā€”Dr Crim CSD | ā„ž reads: ā€œCreative Sub-Categoryā€

Purge thy Sanity!

May the force be with thy trigger finger :selfie:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Left myself dancing while going AFK to make coffee, as is tradition.

Came back to a dance-off

Love the new Gestures <3 the ā€œshow me what else ya gotā€ pose he does fits perfectly.

9 Likes

The only game I know where ā€œjust going over here a ways until the scannable item is in rangeā€ can lead to beautiful moments in synchronicity.

Full disclosure; when I paused at the crest, I was checking my phone, I had no intention to stop I just lucked out.

7 Likes

Cymatygen? Blimps? Must be Old Mans Sky!

One of my old uploads got randomly recommended to me and I was surprised by how many things have changed. I still donā€™t know how to pronounce Cymatygen though.

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing these old shapes and layouts for ore distribution return to the game, maybe shove em back in with those new systems people keep spillin tea over

I think I just got a Ukulele in the mail that day so decided to open and close my spiehl with random stings XD Was done on ps4 so would have just been a single take into the ps4 mic on sharestudio ;0;

4 Likes

Really cool structure, :grin: Speaking of ukuleles, I was thinking of starting my journey on Byte Beat with ā€˜my dog has fleasā€™ but maybe you tune your uke differently and have no idea what I am talking about.

3 Likes

No Iā€™d never heard of this, but itā€™s good to know as I always forget what notes the strings should be tuned to. I was twenty euro short of free delivery on a thomann order for my dad so I threw in the Uke for fun :slight_smile:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/1egqr9i/animated_over_a_glitch_sorry_everyone_sorry_nada/

(Sorry the video wonā€™t embed, the click through is worth it)

More nms animations is what the world needs <3

I had this exact glitch happen to me today, I was expecting to bounce around the nexus as usual and floated through the other side, was able to recover with a system jump :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I recorded footage of my first experience with NMS VR and then spent the rest of the year ghosting the editing task I just gave myself. It was so long ago Iā€™d forgotten that I actually got the first 8 hours-ish cut down to 1.

Itā€™s been too long now I donā€™t think Iā€™ll go back to cutting the rest any time soon but this was a fun blast from the past for me. This man doesnt know what a Lockdown is yet! ;0;

5 Likes

This was a lot of fun and you can tell by how they discuss the changes along the way that they definitely put their time in with the Mercury Process over the years. They are not a fan of 65DOS music though ā€™ ^ _ ^

5 Likes

For me, the 65 Daysā€¦ music has an electronic sound that fits the concept of No Manā€™s Sky.

Itā€™s not intended to be a memorable melody.

3 Likes

Right. It is meant to feed the atmosphere which it does quite well.

3 Likes

I find it very confusing when people donā€™t find rhythm or ā€œnoiseā€ memorable or melodic, if not incredibly evocative.

To me, that stuff is the weather and nature. Everything else is just human interference :wink:

4 Likes

Sometimes you have to lose Carl,
to ever know Carl at all.

7 Likes

That there is what YouTube was born for.
My day is better now. Thanks @toddumptious

3 Likes

A YouTuber who used to make lore videos for fallout in a similar fashion passed away recently, just read about it this morning. I caught them a few times over the years anytime the algorithm realises Iā€™m on a lore buzz

The actor behind Fallout YouTube's power-armoured loremaster The Storyteller appears to have died, leading to tributes from the Bethesda community | VG247.

Itā€™s the kind of content that every time I see it I think; damn, machinima is alive and well and more letā€™s plays or game diaries should follow that pattern of immersion and world building.

No mans sky is one of those games that lends itself perfectly to it, stories jump out at me all the time while playing. Sometimes Iā€™ve had the motivation and energy to do something with that :wink:

5 Likes
3 Likes

I am 100% here for that Accent. Wow :heart:

I forgot you could feed those guys, I was always afraid to in case I made them worse

3 Likes

YouTuber HeRo is my FAV for ā€œBest_____ā€ and similar videos. He focuses a lot on Exosuit, Multi-tool, and Starship as well as ā€œHow toā€ā€¦ get/earn/etc. type info.

5 Likes

Small channel with 32 subscribers doing a grand ol job of explaining expansions, expeditions and the community as major reasons to start playing <3 Always love to show a small creator support so I thought I would share the video here

6 Likes