Dreamer Extraction- July 20th, Concluded - Galactic Atlas Website Launch

It’s OFFICIAL @kyle-culver

8 Likes

Oooof Alexander is gonna be tough

3 Likes

Game Detectives is the only one left - they’re stuck with that old sod :smiley: (poor guy, jk)

3 Likes

This is going to be very interesting - I’m excited to finally try and get them out!

2 Likes

Received message from Emily! Eun Ha for the win! Thanks for sharing @bcatrek

13 Likes

Yay! Way to go.
I do have to stand up for Alexander here. No bashing him. :confused: He’s lived a long, honorable life. Besides, we put a ton of effort into his community event. I hope whoever gets to chat with him takes it to heart. :musical_note:

8 Likes

So the final list should be as follows, according to current info:

Dreamer Community
Simon /r/NoMansSkyTheGame
Alexander GameDetectives (Discord)
Toby No Man’s Sky (Discord)
Claire DM21 Gaming (Discord)
Eun Ha Atlas Citizen Science Division Forums
9 Likes

Thought I’d let you all know, just did a test with Emily’s Technician. All good for tomorrow’s extraction!

Now, to scour these documents…

18 Likes

You got this guy’s!!!

3 Likes

For the live stream, do you want to use this thread to communicate with us or should we use your discord?

2 Likes

Great question.
It would be easier for me via discord, or even better is the live chat on twitch. Emily does mention each streamer will have to be able to see chat. I’m anticipating something happening in there, so my attention will be mostly twitch chat.

But for things like screenshots, file sharing, and things of that sort, Discord would be perfect. For instance, Eun Ha could mention remember seeing additional things, to which the community would follow up with a quick search and post it in discord. Not only does that help me in identifying the very specific nature of her conversation, but gets to my eyes much quicker. :+1:

5 Likes

Sounds good @kyle-culver, Discord in addition to Twitch it is!

I am ready and excited, a good nights sleep, well rested, we can do this!!!

7 Likes

Eun Ha and kyle-culver is great!
I live in South Korea so if there is anything specific to SK let me know and I’ll find out for you if I can. I’ll go back over the conversion and see if anything sticks out.

I have a discord account for some reason, but never used it. I’ll practice with it.

4 Likes

Great to see you guys working together for this.
I’ll be busy over the next week so I’ll wish you all the best with this extraction conversation and process.
Good luck :+1:

5 Likes

I’m trying to put together a list of “Korean” expressions and words that might be of help.
For example, she misses her brother and hanging out with him. Kyle can say something like “I could be your brother. You will have a lot of brothers and sisters that you can hang out with. We can all be family. 우리 모두 가족이 될 수있다.”

Family is extremely important to Koreans. Making her feel like part of the CSD and she is part of our family is important. I’ll do some more research and come up with some more things that might help.

13 Likes

She is really proud of becoming a US citizen. Be sure to congratulate her. Tell her she did a good job and that it is really hard to do that. If she can work that hard for that then she has the ability to work hard to get out of the simulation. In other words, give her plenty of encouragement and positivity.

She is 30 now, she was 9 when they left the father and brother. But in Korean age she would would have been 10. (Don’t ask why, too long to explain. Suffice it to say it has something to do with the Lunar and Solar calendar and tradition.)

I can’t seem to find a reference to her mother’s death except the fact that she died 12 years ago. Not sure, but seems like she died while they were in Korea. Which means that after her mother died she came to the US. Eun Ha would have been 18 (19 Korean Age) which would have made her legally an adult here. She probably got a very small inheritance from her mother, or she sold the watch collection, and used that money to go to the US.

Talking about the watches to her might bring up sad disturbing memories. Avoid a direct conversation about this.

Koreans tend to be proud of learning English, so compliment her on that.

She is from Boston (latest residence) so ask her about that. The climate in Boston is actually very similar to that in Korea, and there is a large Korean community there. Chuseok is the biggest family holiday in Korea. This year it will be from Sept 23 to 25. You could say something about celebrating Chuseok with her when she gets out. Pronunciation is Chu-suhk

More later.

8 Likes

Summary

When you first talk to her say something like “This is Kyle. Think of me like an older brother.” If she says something like “Can I call you Oppa.” Reply “Yes, but Oppa like brother, not boyfriend.”

Then make the remark about “ You will have a lot of brothers and sisters that you can hang out with when you get out. We can all be family. 우리 모두 가족이 될 수있다.”

Chuseok is a holiday for ancestral rites, so only mention this is passing to avoid stirring up unpleasant memories. Say something like " We can help you celebrate Chuseok, but we have to get you out of here first. Try hard to remember Boston, did you ever walk along the Charles?"

At some point you can also say something along the lines of “Your English is very good. You needed that to get your citizenship, right?”

That’s about all I can think of that might stir some memories in her.

Of course the real world question is did A&S actually get a Korean to sit on the app and do this, or is it a Canadian playing the part of Eun Ha.

Either way, I hope this helps with some insight into her Korean background.

6 Likes

One more in general thing, not about Eun Ha but the event in general.

Tariq is dead. Patient 231… is so badly corrupted he is almost hopeless.

We have been given 5 dreamers to talk to. They all have the best chances for Extraction.

The remaining 5 patients are the ones I think we will lose. Maybe only some, but maybe all.

I don’t think we will be given much choice of live or die. I think it will be more of Emily asking what to say to them and the community voting on it. And like Tariq, we won’t know the actual outcome of the choices we make until well after we make them.

We’ll see in about 15 hours.

5 Likes

Very intersting details about Korean but we musn’t forget that the A&S employee who will play Eun Ha is prpbably not koreaan and so doesn’t know all that :wink:

About the 5 corrupted dreamers, I don’t think they’re lost but we’ll need other sort of event. We have the whole week end to “clean” them.

2 Likes

I agree that whoever acts the part of Eun Ha probably doesn’t know much if anything about Korea.

This is just some suggestions and I don’t expect that anything will be used.

The event will begin at 6AM for me in S. Korea. I know I won’t be coherent enough to be much help at that time, so I’m posting what I can now.

6 Likes