Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

The fact that HG added a dummy in game patch notes entry for a new updated sounds like a good indication the expedition isnt the only thing dropping, if anyone doubted that.

5 Likes

So I’d seen this “Trial / Upsell” UI in the files with a lot of promo pics, but wasn’t sure what exactly HG meant. There’s a new Enum in there which sets your game status to “Full game” or “trial”, so HG might be working on releasing a trial version of the game soon (Upsell in the LOC IDs being very literal)

Screenshot 2023-02-08 173452

7 Likes

Also having a twitch event for it is usually a good sign also.

6 Likes

Interesting. Not sure if HG have ever done one of those Steam free weekend type deals before; if not, perhaps this is just for that?

If they have, and this is something genuinely new like a sort of demo mode, I wonder how a Trial version of nms would work?

Restricted to a single system and denied a warp drive and Anomaly? Or maybe it’s time restricted? X amount of hours until you lose access?

Either way I’m very happy. Always open to new avenues to bring more Travellers into the fold (and bring more funding to NMS/LNF development :smiley: )

6 Likes

I would say you could play to the point of leaving the planet and perhaps making to a Space Station would be enough for a demo. You get a taste of crafting and lifting off into space with no load screen amd then that awesome music piece as you land on the Station the first time. Perhaps being able to see how the buying/selling works and the vendors but ends there. No warping or Anomaly because those are introduced in the story line and you can’t give away everything. They could leave you free to fly around in the starting system.

6 Likes

Imagine if the demo version let people play as Artemis trapped in a single star system

7 Likes

Imagine the mind-splode when a person whose upgraded from the trial gets to that point and realises, holy shit I was Artemis XD

I really hope they do this now, everyones hard locked to an Artemis appearance :3

7 Likes

Time limited to 1000 hours

6 Likes

Found a bit more info about the trial. Theres a new mission condition which checks if your game is set to trial mode or not. So far, the main expedition mission holder (Those “Complete Phase X” missions in the log) mission, some Omega Expedition missions, and the new Atlas Path have that check in them, which likely means HG are gonna lock expeditions and the story content, or at least a part of them before asking players to buy the game.

6 Likes

Also, there’s starship part descriptors now in character customization.

5 Likes

Well if it aint custom ship parts or colours, it’s at least custom NASCAR stickers like we have on our planetary vehicles. (always gotta curtail my expectations)

4 Likes

hmm took a peak at the updated save game structure, looks like the moved PlayerCommonStateData to front of save and Moved Player now have playerstatedata and spawndata into a new class so they can I assume have multiple…one for expedition one for main…

the save I was looking at didn’t have expedition started, and haven’t had much time to dig into all the exe class changes.

Those replying on save editors might have a bit longer to wait for fixes than normal, though I doubt it will take as much as I initially expected.

5 Likes

I have updated the Expedition Rewards (Expedition 12 - Omega):

I have updated the Quicksilver Rewards (shop values only):

Twitch Drops so far, will update and verify once made public:

4 Likes

so there is a new Audio Enum :
PL_SHIP_RACER_LANDING = 599003000
PL_SHIP_RACER_TAKEOFF = 3039653349
new ship looks like it has decals for racing

Finally bring out the ship racing objects that have been in code for ages?
or
just the sound it makes nothing to see here?

7 Likes

o1AJ9qDyyJNSg42tMXE3yxRphXzokhttEHdgaa4XTddcDTgn9

Me thinks these new ships are a bit of wipeout meets f zero type love letter. Or Hairdryers.

6 Likes

The new ship does make some interesting sounds landing and lifting off

5 Likes

exactly…it llooks like a racing ship with the gek and checkered flags that was on mine…
frist thing I thought was are they finally bringing them in like the land racing stuff…not that i expect they would be used much.

6 Likes

guess this answers the trial part:

UI_EXPED_TRIAL_SUB
Explore a taste of what No Man’s Sky has to offer

UI_EXPED_TRIAL_TITLE_U
FREE TRIAL

UI_EXPED_STORE_BUTTON
GO TO STORE

UI_EXPED_STORE_BUTTON_SWITCH
TO NINTENDO ESHOP

UI_EXPED_STORE_BUTTON_SWITCH_L
To Nintendo eShop

UI_EXPED_TRIAL_TITLE
Free Expedition

Whole bunch of new strings added about playing an expedition for free and unlocking the full game to play the other modes etc.

UI_EXPED_REMAINING_TRIAL_ALT
Omega Edition: %TIME% Remaining

UI_TRIAL_OVER_MISSION_MSG
Expeditions are only a small slice<> of No Man’s Sky
Unlock the full game to begin an infinite journey<> of adventure<> and discovery<>
Follow the story<>, or plunge into a galaxy of survival<> - the choice is yours

UI_EXPED_TRIAL_WARN_MSG
Omega Edition is ending in %TIME%<>
Complete goals before the time expires
Unlock the full game<> to continue your journey

6 Likes

https://steamdb.info/app/2790030/

3 Likes

yeah…not sure what to think of this.
classified as DLC

3 Likes