Datamining (Maximum Spoilers)

JEZZ…Wake up and been out 6 hours…so far behind lol:

ICONS:

ENGLISH STRINGS:

FILES CHANGED:

Previous Datamining topic can be found here:

4 Likes

I have moved your reply to become a new topic in the NMS Waypoint category.
I’ll include links back/forth for clarity

4 Likes
5 Likes

More passes?

another twitch event…
SPECIAL1.TWITCH.PET13

Why Friday? Stupid real world stuff in my way lol

UPDATE
I wander if the Buildable_S9 icons…are for expedition 9…obviously place holders…

5 Likes

So I dunno about anyone else, but i am expecting another update in November (for MacOS). Question is will expedition come before or after.

Apparently the Ventura or whatever it is called, containing the Metal 3 used by NMS is expected to release around the 18th -28th. So we should see activity not long after maybe.

5 Likes

Would like up well with the end dates for the final in-files Community Mission, which iirc is somewhere mid November?

There are a lot of references to Season 9 but Extremely vague. A few items with placeholder icons and unregistered string IDs, and an entire section in the Reward table (which is mostly a clone of expedition 5, with a few references to item tree missions).

Something interesting about the reward table, HG have included placeholder entires for Expedition 10 and 11 as well, which are complete clones of expedition 5.

There is also a big collection of missions in the seasonal mission table with an S9_ tag appended. I’ll try and add that file here if I can find it.

Edit: Link

6 Likes

well that verifies what I thought about the s9_icons then. Soon as I gets some free time, I am going to dig in a little more myself. But given there is 2 months left, MacOs update is supposed to come this year, I have a feeling as mentioned its not far off, and they will release the Expedition with it, as there will likely be not much in the way of updates…10 & 11,for the after Christmas quiet time??

4 Likes

Some new strings about locking settings in latest steam build:

UI_INV_SWITCH_TIP_FREI_ALT1
UI_LEFT<>/UI_RIGHT<> Switch Inventory TRADETOGGLEINV<> Quick Split

UI_INV_SWITCH_TIP_FREI_ALT2
UI_LEFT<>/UI_RIGHT<> Switch Inventory TRANSFER<> Enable Sub Inventory Selection TRADETOGGLEINV<> Quick Split

UI_INV_SWITCH_TIP_FREI_ALT3
UI_LEFT<>/UI_RIGHT<> Switch Inventory TRANSFER<> Enable Stack Changes TRADETOGGLEINV<> Quick Split

DIFFICULTY_SELF_BAN
Difficulty Settings Changes

DIFFICULTY_SELF_BAN_DESC
With difficulty settings locked, no settings will be available to change after the game has started.!NEWLINE!!NEWLINE!This action is permanent<>.

DIFFICULTY_SELF_BAN_OFF
Enabled

DIFFICULTY_SELF_BAN_ON
Locked<>

UI_DIFFICULTY_SELF_BAN
Cannot change difficulty after locking settings

HAZARDBAR_DAMAGED
DAMAGED

2 Likes

So you will be able to lock your settings to keep yourself from ‘cheating’…as long as it is an option.

4 Likes

I kinda like it. Being able to lock it, allows you to custom settings once. Seems fair. I mean those that are gonna cheat…will cheat regardless. I checked in game, doesn’t appear to be implemented yet. But will be a nice addition…

I really hope they fix the slots soon. if 60/120 than so be it, but people unlocking 99 are gonna be vocal again the longer they leave this… If this is about balancing, I think they went too much this way for storage. (Just exo & ship) I like the others cargo room…not sure about 60 tech slots in freighter…

think they rushed this…and really didn’t think it out clear enough. Would like to see clear distinction in max slots or slot stack size differences, based on ship class. the 3+3 thing…max it a difficulty option just to shut people up. keep 3 as normal, and 6 as easy or something.

I keep seeing hints in code of some interesting things…I hope they play out. Think we are gonna see more structure changes in MacOs update.

3 Likes

Checked out the changes…there was a bunch of mission tables updated in preparation for seasonal game play, difficulty level for missions from seasonal data etc… most everything else was in notes, except some color tweaks to tech icons.

Shared Folder With Snap Shots For WayPoint
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1aU9UTdt1JcCJs0NnLQ-mW7hNzmMUgrDk?usp=sharing

3 Likes

hmmm …so there are 3 cape entries…I thought they were existing capes just updated English strings, but this update adds new icon files. Also I see the worm cape (1 of the 3 capes) is in the next tier of Quick Silver after the current 3 grass items finish.

Curious

The related strings:

UI_CAPE_WORM_DESC
An exclusive Exosuit Appearance Override
“The worm lord towers above the dusty earth; its flesh becomes the sky.”
Transform the appearance of your Exosuit at an Appearance Modifier<>.

UI_CAPE_JELLY_DESC
Flow across the galaxy with this cape’s lattice of fluttering tentacles, woven from regenerated cellulose fibres.
Transform the appearance of your Exosuit at an Appearance Modifier.

UI_CAPE_BIOFRIG_DESC
In the furthest reaches of space swim the cosmic megafauna, aligning their paths with Travellers, dreaming of possible realities.
Transform the appearance of your Exosuit at an Appearance Modifier

6 Likes

Jelly cape… :heart_eyes: I can’t wait! If they could just make them visible to others…

4 Likes
7 Likes

that’s them lol

3 Likes

since not many new strings :slight::

WAR_1_PLAQUE_END
The plaque is cold and silent.The Saga of the Vy’keen has concluded.

TRA_1_PLAQUE_END
The ancient stone is still.The Dominion of the First Spawn has been spoken.

EXP_1_PLAQUE_END
The historical structure is silent.The Testament of the Korvax has been voiced.

INTRCT_FEATURED_BASE_ALT
Featured Base

UI_SHIP_INV_CLASS_MAX
Max slots for current ship class

UI_WEAPON_INV_CLASS_MAX
Max slots for current Multi-Tool class

BLD_FLOWER_1_NAME

BLD_FLOWER_1_NAME_L

BLD_FLOWER_1_DESC

BLD_FLOWER_2_NAME

BLD_FLOWER_2_NAME_L

BLD_FLOWER_2_DESC

BLD_FLOWER_3_NAME

BLD_FLOWER_3_NAME_L

BLD_FLOWER_3_DESC

BLD_WATERPLANT_4_NAME

BLD_WATERPLANT_4_NAME_L

BLD_WATERPLANT_4_DESCRIPTION

BLD_WATERPLANT_5_NAME

BLD_WATERPLANT_5_NAME_L

BLD_WATERPLANT_5_DESCRIPTION

BLD_WATERPLANT_6_NAME

BLD_WATERPLANT_6_NAME_L

BLD_WATERPLANT_6_DESCRIPTION

5 Likes

I havent noticed in game where max slots is displayed. This was something i was hoping would get added for people.

Also a lot of new strings for plants…6 new quick silver items maybe…

Seem to be lots of little things sneaking in. Really hope they keep this updates coming lol

4 Likes

Data for this is all detailed in the INVENTORYTABLE, while in-game it is not possible to really see what max ability would be. This does depend on ship type and class, as I have compiled in the image below with ‘intended’ values:

3 Likes

No I understand that. But I was referring to the English Strings being added:

UI_SHIP_INV_CLASS_MAX
Max slots for current ship class

UI_WEAPON_INV_CLASS_MAX
Max slots for current Multi-Tool class

That I haven’t seen them implemented anywhere in game yet and it was something I wanted to see in game.

Though thanks for the quick reference tables…handy.

4 Likes

I figured you were aware of the source, but still useful for others.

Try expanding slots, paying attention to the text in the button for purchase once you reach max, that is where you will see the string used now.

3 Likes