CURRENTLY RECRUITING: A HUB inside the Mercury Subroutine for ETARC

I think we want to include ETARC, to help keep us separate from other CSD groups. But yes, I like the simplicity.

1 Like

I like the idea of putting ETARC in perenthesis at the end of system names, similar to how a system will tell you of the dominant lifeform

So something along the lines of “System Name (ETARC)”

This will of course make it show up in the game as “System Name (ETARC) (Korvax)” etc which might not be to everyones flavour.l

2 Likes

Yes. It should be ETARC, although I only found this website through the ARG, I am aware and respectful of its heritage in Radio and this should definitely be included.

There was talk a little while ago surrounding the logo and someone came up with the idea of unifying the radio image in the current logo with an in-game Portal structure to keep the continuity.
Leave ETARC at the bottom but change the words around the ring and I think that’ll about do it.

1 Like

We should have ETARC in some form in there to give tribute. Is it to much to have CSD-ETARC “planet/system name”
Or could we shortern ETARC (E-CSD)? Or ET-CSD :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think i’m not wrong if i say that all ETARC community members are CSD :wink: During the Artemis quest i was verry far from my home system and i remember having tagged the system as [ETARC] name system. before leaving.

1 Like

We need @oldgods to chime in :slight_smile:

Would it be worth putting what recourses are available as some sort of abbreviation before/after the system name?

I think this needs to be addressed more. I missed two polls myself. We could have a set time for votes, says Sundays, 24 hr time limit. And we can just consider anyone with a forum membership an eligible voter. And appoint a temporary council to form the questions and answers. I nominate the top 6 or so poster to this thread. any one second it?

steps
1 open thread to public, ask opinions on topic.
2. council message each other decides how poll is formed
3. voting is announced in threaded for following sunday
4. Voting, majority wins,
5. thread closed/archived
6. documented on mega thread

update: not including me, you shouldn’t be able to nominate yourself and when I posted this I was a lot lower. :sweat_smile: I’m more interested in the CSFD.

i like simple, we could send people this way, for info. I bet he could use the traffic.
http://athenadb.space/

1 Like

That being said there should really be a vote. I do have concerns with any update, making smart-tagging obsolete.

I’d agree to just leave the details out of the name. Name with the our community identifier and have a database or wiki do the rest, that way it can be changed on the fly and we won’t be forced to relocate.

1 Like

If there’s to be a council it should done by way of elections. Everyone interested submits their application.

1. We could have every candidate to submit their galactic coordinates, this will form regional “constituencies” and ensure a good even spread of Council members.

2. Council members should be elected by way of popular vote, forum contributions and game progress.

3. Abdications, re-elections and no confidence votes could be included.

Well if you’re gonna do it… :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Lets call this the Council, each being a seat. would like @SlowRiot4NuZero blessing with this, I’m not sure how much work SlowRiot has done, this being his brain child. @toddumptious, you said you have had contact recently.

As far as voting, to get this ball rolling. Should we throw a large survey together of questions?
Give it like a week of open polls?

1 Like

Holy shit. Sorry everyone I feel like a lot of you may feel like I gave up on the HUB project, thing is my life has been in quite a lot of turmoil in the past few weeks, strictly ‘‘not too personnal’’ stuff includes getting to foster 3 severely malnourished abandonned baby cats (which occupied a lot of my free time) and trying to get to the bottom line of the new NMS storyline to figure out what happens at the end, since a lot of people brought to my attention a HUB in Euclid may be a terrible idea following the recent development, and caused the dismantlement of the original Galactic Hub that had to relocate because of it.

I’ll pick it right back up this week, I promise.

8 Likes

Fantastic! We all have a life, so no worries. It’s good to see you back here. Let’s get the ball rolling again.

3 Likes

Well it’s good to be back, I missed you all :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Typically I now name a system with
‘1.3’ at the begining to indicate when it was found and how likely the names indicate characteristics.
So putting E-CSD on the end will work nicely.
With planets, if it is typical I often use the the generated name. If it is something special I give it a personalised name like for example;
1.3 Tundrahumps [safe]
or
1.3 Scabbyburns [hostile]
If another galactic revamp happens, the 1.3 shows the era it was named and therefore will indicate whether the is relevant.
I’ve been trying to leave some of the explorer mystery in place but in a hub we may choose to descriptively name planets.
One way I did that was to call a planet a ‘mine’.
Eg: 1.3 Yustru Veridium Mines
Gives a good indication of what’s there on otherwise dull planets.
Just ideas…

2 Likes

To elaborated and echo my suggestion for naming I was thinking the system name could go like this
HUB-NAME-RECOURSES PRESENT(including harvestable plants)
e.g.
E-CSD(system name)G/E/I/S/FW/CF/FM

only the abbreviations for the resources present that can be scanned from space would be used, I hope my example is obvious what they stand for lol

1 Like

Not sure if we want to make naming them to laborious. I see the idea of letting everyone know what’s on the planet but not sure if we want to go that far. Plus it may take some of the fun out of it for some if we start making them names so long and involved. Just my two cents (maybe optional).

1 Like

A compromise might be a code in a communication ball, con, one per planet and by that time you could just scan for what you want, never-mind.

@FRANK_CADILLAC
Are you talking about just having a smart-tag for systems and planets or just systems?

If we go with a smart-tag, that will open a large discussion on what should go into it.