Crash to Main Menu - PC (Steam)

Ok. Now I am starting to panic. I jumped into my creative game, portalled to the old ETARC HQ for one last look. Suddenly, I get thrown out of my game and back to the play game/join game menu…something is happening. Let’s hope it is good.

5 Likes

it happened to me 3 times in a row, i have reported it, makes it nearly impossible to play

i guess rubberbanding is a game EMILY likes to play lol

4 Likes

This was supposed to have been fixed with the last Steam client update, but it still happens. HG was in contact with Steam about the issue, but whatever they did, didnt cure it for all.

2 Likes

Interesting…I have put a lot of time into experimental. First time it has happened to me.

2 Likes

@Finnerty is correct that this was a Steam side issue that was supposedly fixed with a mandatory Steam update.

@sheralmyst and @zsigmond: You both have Steam fully updated I assume, and not playing ‘offline’ ?

I will let someone at HG know that the issue is present again. I will also ask if there is anything specific they wish to know to try pin down the issue.

2 Likes

Steam API ver 019, Dated July 16th, Package ver- 1563346602

Steam menu Help-Very bottom about steam to see this info above.

This is the latest that was supposed to have fixed the drop to select game type screen.

1 Like

I just got a Steam Client update yesterday. Perhaps something came undone

1 Like

Let us know if it is a version # any newer than what I posted. I just checked for update, says up to date, so…
Its just odd that you just got one recently. Im really curious if your client info matches.

2 Likes

Give me a few minutes. Checking…

EDIT: I forgot that I am signed up for Steam Beta…LOL…and NMS experimental…:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Thats just odd that its same api 019, but it wasnt available for everyone on the same date. The package version may be different for everyone based on which games you own.

3 Likes

See my edit above

3 Likes

correct, tis the way it is the day before EMILY takes over

4 Likes

Reported it on Steam Client Beta

3 Likes

And I have sent to HG Zendesk, letting them know of the different dates for same API update for different players. And as I let them know, maybe they will respond, I didnt include save game since it is supposed to be Steam error and not HG.

2 Likes

There are a couple of topics with recent activity about this on the Steam forum discussion. It appears to be limited to single player.

Only certain solution is to play in ‘offline’ mode. Many suggest other solutions, but none are confirmed.

Please do report your issues at Hello Games’ Zendesk even though the issue appears to be with Steam.

Of course reporting to Steam Support directly will likely be useful too.
If on the Steam beta client, you can give it a try here:

5 Likes

Interesting, I have experienced it when leaving my game on PC [never during active gameplay - I use a Xbox controller to play], and stepping away for a long time 20-30min+ when returning and logging back into windows [power saver lockscreen] then clicking on the active NMS icon in the task-bar, once the screen loads it has returned to the Play or Join Game menu, the thing I noticed is that the game loads from this point must faster compared to when first starting it [ie it must still have stuff in cache] and does restore to the last auto-save point.

3 Likes

I was in the middle of running around and suddenly, poof

4 Likes

Creative works fine on ps4… weird…

2 Likes

It is a Steam issue. PS4 players should be unaffected. :+1:

2 Likes

@kliktrak, @sheralmyst, @arpoja:
I have moved your replies here to keep this discussion in one place.
Added ‘PC (Steam)’ to the topic title, to make it more specific.

3 Likes