NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

I watched that and realized real quick that was not your stream, was it? Funny stuff, they were bickering back and forth a little and I liked how they switched the picture in picture and main screen with each other. So she could have full screen too, for awhile, sometimes.

4 Likes

Meanwhile back at the experimental, only thing that is happening more than it did on visions is the false red dot undiscovered critter. I can take a couple steps toward it and gone. I got my quota already, but just something I see different so far. However, I might be wrong but I swear the in flight scanning for structures seem a bit better. I got 2 markers in one scan a few times. Never saw that in Visions. I d get one and fly past an unmarked building that was closer.

4 Likes

That’s not unusual, the location you get on scanning is pretty random. In fact I remember right a time when they messed up and scanning gave you a location almost anywhere on the planet, which made the ship scanner useless because you’d never get there in time before the marker vanished, and you’d get another the next time you scanned.

4 Likes

Yea, wasnt that Pathfinder, before Atlas Rises. Ive been around since 1.2 or so. I bought a cheap HP from Walmart and settled for … wait for it…Minecraft, and Kerbal Space Program until I was comfortable buying a gaming system. Wow, that was when I was limited to 1-2 hours of NMS a night while I was truckin across the country. I kept my morning wakeup and was ready to go 4am every day for 4 years, give or take a couple,

5 Likes

@sheralmyst @jedidia Had to respond and tell you the dummy move I have been making concerning my heat issue. OMG, I didnt consider changing the resolution. Resolution, that was it, Ive dropped to 1600x900 and temp dropped 10-15c. Now I dont have to be so concerned about.

6 Likes

:clap: No more cookin’. You can put the steaks back on the grill!

3 Likes

Today I noticed that my collectable items like the fissure and electric cube etc…kept disappearing. Then they would reappear. Sometimes they showed in photo mode and sometimes they did not…very strange…

6 Likes

Well, we all know what @zsigmond is going to say to that… :smile:

8 Likes

For any playing experimental in Linux.
A number of people can no longer play NMS Vulcan in Ubuntu. It would get to the load screen and then go white and then crash.
A few have migrated to Arch Linux and I hear they have NMS running well in it. But only the OpenGL version.
Just wondered what kind of experience everyone is having.
I noticed that the new Valve Index works in Linux. I just hope NMS does as well. I really want to jump into VR but I am hesitant at the moment. Though I plan on eventually adding Win10, I have heard that to dual boot with Win10, it must be on a drive that can be physically disconnected when booting from the other drive. I have heard that Win10 has killed some PC’s when trying to boot to a different OS.
This is all very troubling…any news that is helpful is appreciated.

3 Likes

I can get past the loading screen, it draws my char and then stalls. Complete machine hang. I’m using straight wine. AMD vulkan drivers. I’m going to try with proton.

2 Likes

if you don’t know Ubuntu and Microsoft work together , so do expect nothing to work properly.

Tis why I drop, remove, destroyed, deleted all Ubuntu software I had.

1 Like

Yeah, sadly, Ubuntu has gone a bit haywire lately…it has been dropped from all of our PC’s here. Arch is a bit over my head. My son loves it but it has no interface that my poor brain can relate to. Plenty of options out there. Just don’t know what will work with NMS and what will not.
Will stick to win7 for now but porting to win10 in the near future all because of VR, unless I can get NMS VR working in Linux. The Steam Index works in Linux so I keep hoping. Right now, I just want the update.

1 Like

The only problem I have with Ubuntu is gnome, quite honestly :smile:

1 Like

Is NMS working for you?

No idea. I work on Ubuntu, I don’t play on it…

1 Like

Ok. Everyone we know has said NMS no longer works in Ubuntu. Some having it running in Arch.
Ubuntu causes a huge crash shortly after the game loads or during loading

I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 10 every day without problems. But I only play No Man’s Sky on Windows 10 and both are kept up to date. I don’t have a VR graphics card and love Ubuntu. Gaming on Ubuntu never gets the support it deserves.

1 Like

15 posts were split to a new topic: Crash to Main Menu

I have moved the ‘crash to main menu’ discussion into it’s own topic in the Bugs & Issues category.

Please continue to discuss the issue there. Anyone else with the issue, join in!

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Crash to Main Menu