Can Joiners Build?

@DevilinPixy works magic. :sparkles:

Also, returned to @johnnycloud 's base in SP and finally saw the things I could not see before.

This door did not even exist in MP

6 Likes

Galactic hot spot.

6 Likes

Done for tonight, will likely continue tomorrow.
Not sure if the ‘Merry-Go-Round’ will be visible as it currently is.

Note: I recommend 1st person view when taking a ride :wink:

8 Likes

That looks really amazing. Nice job.

To those who haven’t been there -

We tried an early version of this yesterday.

This thing actually works. You can ride on it. Be warned, however - it’s a bit like volunteering to be put in a food blender. Not for faint hearts (or delicate stomachs).

6 Likes

Awesome! I can’t wait to try it.
Question: when uploading a base yesterday, twice I saw a brief, greyed-out message flash up. I believe it read Not Available until 3.0 or maybe Available in 3.0. Has anyone else seen this? It is very brief so hard to read quickly.

3 Likes

So you are saying I should try it in VR? Got it. :crazy_face: :+1:

6 Likes

@DevilinPixy - this is all I can find of your base now. Just a marker.

Most strange.

3 Likes

Something may be due for a change

3 Likes

Oh dear.

Just when we’ve learned how to do long distance travel more or less reliably, they go and change things some more.

Does this mean I’ll have to learn it all again?

3 Likes

Well the message only appeared when uploading a base. It flashed up briefly in the list of options in the Base Computer.

3 Likes

I got a messaage that online services were not reachable when I tried to place a comm ball at the hobbit base. :woman_shrugging:

Devlin, is your base in the same system as ours? I only see Sheralmyst’s and Polyphemus’.

I added stuff to my base and saw no (error) messages when uploading.

3 Likes

@DevilinPixy’s base is on the same planet as mine, Aitac 85/M4, on top of a mountain, roughly 2000 u west of the portal.

There’s a black and white beacon up there, and I can see a purple base marker, but nothing else. There was a big base here yesterday.

2 Likes

@AdaRynin, you will doubtless be pleased to know that your base is now discoverable from space. Uploading it seems to have done the trick.

Nice little tune, by the way.

3 Likes

My base has not been uploaded yet, which is likely reason for not updating your saves, unless I am there or in a party. I will get back in a bit, just woke up after a long night. I am thinking of moving the base to a more suitable area, considering what it turned out to become.

2 Likes

I got that once before. I don’t remember the exact message, but it was something like upload available in 30s. It sounded more like flood protection - preventing uploading bases too frequently.

3 Likes

@Argh, are you going to build and upload a base in the area? It might be helpful if you did.

Our presence in the area is probably temporary - it’s likely we will only stay here to see out the future egg quest. But what we’re learning about long distance travel and system sharing is important stuff we can use in the future.

5 Likes

Merry-Go-Round

Uploaded and ready for visitors. All I have planned is some more decoration and possibly some ByteBeat music. There is a Holo Terminus in one of the center rooms.

8 Likes

I went there, I tried it, I cleaned up the vomit, and tried it again.

5 Likes

Oh right, it says so on the button right after you upload.

Wait I thought you knew everything already! ;-o

5 Likes

Oh no, no, no. You are now caught like a rat in a maze and we will never let you out. Welcome to the experiment. :mouse2:

6 Likes