Base Building

8 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

I got the itch to build something, this is what I came up with.

8 Likes

3 Likes

8 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/197kcwx/the_pillar_of_autumnn_is_now_inmortalized_in_no/?share_id=2T00DBlHCdHusbWJ3owrC&utm_content=1&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_source=share&utm_term=3

Someone built the Pillar of Autumn . And fit the entire first level of halo inside it by the looks of it. 14 year old me is beside themselves.

6 Likes

I had no idea you could shoot switches to activate them…

2 Likes

Oh wow didn’t even cop that. Its pretty damn impressive, using the subs for drop pods was a stroke of madness <3

1 Like

So much awesomeness in NMS building community, I don’t even try anymore.

Decided to make a visit, found a hidden room with a fun little easter egg :slight_smile:

OG Xbox, takes me back :slight_smile: Anyone remember the gigantic cntrollers before they had to redesign them for territories that don’t have giant American hands?

4 Likes

The first base I built using the PC app was done in a star system themed around the days of the Great Disconnection. The two Travellers who started the project put out an open invitation online and I decided to join in on the fun.

I haven’t been back to that system since October so I decided to see what new builds the Duo had added.

What I came across was quite a lot more fun than I was anticipating :smiley:

Hidden in a cave, next to a drop pod with some veiled Autophage, there is a secret room for Korvax seeking to escape the Gek and let the Convergence live on somehow.

Sitting in the Vacant seat on the right you soon realise the equipment is damaged. That data cube in the centre? That’s interim storage… And it is now your permanent home.

What follows is a huge puzzle as you navigate the storage device and restore its corrupted sectors. I don’t want to spoil it or the puzzle for you (I thought I was trapped in that initial cube forever, as were my autosaves! XD ) so no screens of that process or its contents at all :wink:

As you restore power and move through fragments of memories, you’ll see reality in the interim cube slowly return as you make progress. (reminded me of The Outer Wilds a bunch :wink: )

Eventually you will be greeted with success and a means of escaping back to the simulation we’re comfortable in.

If anyone wants to try it out the portal coords are below.

No Man's Sky 18_01_2024 15_03_21

One of the creative Duo plays on PC and uses the building app for their builds, but one of the players plays only on ps5 and they’re the one making all the fun mannequin people out of parts etc. They’re always impressive to stumble across :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve been meaning to build a wonder projector museum for a while.

I took a trip out to the white grass planet that will be featuring in the Omega Expedition when it goes public and decided this would be a great place for it.

I also decided, how fun it would be to swim around this room of holograms so I started building it underwater.

After getting some Ice Sculptures down I thought I should decorate with a bit of overgrowth and foliage since we are underwater. Once I got started though, I couldn’t slow down, and the whole build changed direction completely.

What I have now, is an abandoned underwater museum called the WonderWater Ice Sculpture and Curio Collection. There are no wonder holograms, long since eroded to time or covered over with molluscs. The ice statues still remain in a perfect state of temp due to the technology used, what would sound like Alchemy to laymen like us.

A private collection built and gathered by a wealthy Gek Entrepreneur, known for the elongated musk that would emanate from its scent sacks. Only his closest friends would be invited to this remote collection to wine, dine and view the sublime.

He’s long dead now, this collection forgotten over the centuries but still kept in tact by the machinery and displays they were housed in.

As my friend put it when I was describing it…

"so it’s things that time forgot, then remembered, then put underwater, then forgot again

Still working on the outside overgrwoth and foliage (very monotonous), there’s also a very “40k imperial” style landing pad that leads to it. The Entrepreneur was OBSESSED with old Gek Dominion artefacts and aesthetics you see.

5 Likes
8 Likes
4 Likes
6 Likes

Booting up this survival save that was started after the atlas rises update and not touched since 2018. I like how the lack of power makes the recovered base look abandoned, gave it a new system and home nearby.

3 Likes

My main bases are now my Freighter and my Settlement.
Loving the new deco items.

These little panels fit great on the desk that doesn’t normally hold anything.

They also fit nicely on the teleporter

and I love the file cabinets

8 Likes

Oh wow they have actual folders :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Macro SDs :smile:

5 Likes