Beyond BEYOND - wishlist

LOL. I’m the type that liked the original “chill” exploration game and photography. I’m no Joe Danger-Seeker and never will be.

@temp I’m the same. The ideal of cooperative multiplayer gets hammered by anti-social “smash-bash-killers”

I too bought precisely because the chance of even meeting another player in the vast inverse was to be rare. I’m not a hard core player and was even concerned that the initial gameplay might make me an eternal “redshirt.” :slight_smile:

I also liked that the initial plan was to discourage planet-sitting. Then came base building, farming, multiplayer, and multiplayer missions. (Sigh) From my perspective, the game is now overly complex, with all the recipes, etc. And don’t get me started on Chef Emeril features. ;).

Ah, well. I’ll keep all multiplayer aspects off and hope for the best. I have retreated to Creative, but it has photo op limitations since pirates and land horrors never appear. (Well, pirates do, but only to complete a part of one quest. )

Oh for the good old days.

7 Likes

I just wish that my discoveries and stuff in my bases would not disappear after the update.

6 Likes

When the spaceship is below the cloud level, it would be beneficial to my fingers if the speed would remain constant. If I want to cruise at 441 u/s then I should be able to get up that speed and then let off the acceleration and not lose speed. Reducing speed should be a matter for the existing braking.

7 Likes

If you are on PC there is a mod for that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Something interesting worth buying for QuickSilver other than these.

6 Likes

Funny you say that. Check the new data mined items coming to the quicksilver bot. New items. Wont spoil it for you if you want to be surprised.

3 Likes

I’m hoping that 2020 brings changes that are more centered on exploration - and I do not mean more cooking recipes or pretty smoke.

5 Likes

Perhaps a link to the said datamined items?

1 Like

Yeah. Me 3. My excitement level has decreased.

4 Likes

Here is a youtube video on it.

Spoilers below(not sure is the spoiler blurring is working.)

Different colored and types of jetpack flames
Different color ship flames
Alternate backpack types
Bobbleheads
New plants for base building
Two new eggs, unknown purpose, but one of them has a file name that implies its a “story” egg
Plus a bit more
Ofcourse, this is datamined items. More or less could be added later. But this is what was found for now.

5 Likes

Spoiler blur failed due to the double spacing from one paragraph to the next.
Alternately, you can use summary when spoiler fails , which is often for me cause it is very picky

3 Likes

Edit conflict :grin:

When there are empty lines within, the tags need to be on their own line, as shown below :wink:

[spoiler]
example

text
[/spoiler]

Note: You can select the full text, then select the spoiler under the options (gear) and it will do it correctly.

5 Likes

Thanks for the space whale and other things!

When pulling from inventory and the Storage Container icon is selected, I’d like to see the items sorted by name or type/name so that I could more easily delete duplicates.

5 Likes

I want to be able to click on an icon in space and warp to it and only it (on PC using E).

Currently in space if you use E, the game tells you that you cannot land in space. I spend too many highly frustrating moments aiming the ship at a particular icon only to have it warp to an entirely different one.

I’m pretty sure we used to be able to select icons when in space and then warp to that icon.

Can we have that back please?!

(Have I asked for this before? I’m sure I have… maybe…)

3 Likes

You can tag them, but the autopilot has never really taken that as a hint. It’s very hit or miss. The game should really have a reasonable targeting system, but I don’t think we’ll ever get that. Just today I bumbled around between my frigates for 5 minutes before finally finding the one I was looking for. It’s kinda ridiculous… (and somewhat dangerous, since I’m in my repair shuttle that has no upgrades whatsoever. I had to get back to the freighter in a hurry in between to dodge some pirates).

3 Likes

Was that to do repairs? If so, I’ve had to do that as well.
The red repair icon used to be visible from the other side of the star system and now it’s only visible from the doormat of the damaged frigate.
How about something in between HG?..like maybe visible from the same distance the pulse engines cut around large craft? This would allow us to notice on the way back and drop in and do repairs rather than finding out once back on board.

Also… since this is the wishlist:

How about finding something of use in or around the derelict freighters. They look great so let’s have to look a bit closer to find some lost cargo goodies. Random bits like when you scrap ships would be enough.

It’s lovely having the anomolous objects pop up in space…but is it possible for them to also be found while flying slowly and not just by slamming on the brakes midway through pulsing…or is that already possible and just not something I’ve experienced.

One last thing.
Damaged Machinery: Can we get a few variations of these instead of a universe full of inverted sparking cones? The Salvage Modules come in all sorts of types so isn’t it possible the Damaged Machinery could too?
They’ve been like that forever!
Actually the same goes for the loot boxes laying around too. Even just a few different colour variations & textures would spice things up…

Anyway…my wishlist is getting smaller every update. :hugs:

6 Likes

So, with the living ship update, HG have actually scratched something from my wishlist. Not the living ships, I was never wishing for that, but I’m very glad we have them.

No, what I’m talking about is more hands-on control during missions. No magic waypoints that turn everything into a simple fly there, fly there, now fly there kind of thing. Here’s the coordinates, figure out where they are. Here’s an address, go find the portal yourself. It’s something that I always missed a lot during the main plotline. I mean, the first time you open a portal yourself is a pretty cool moment. The sound design and the effects are great. Imagine if in Atlas rises we’d had to dial the systems ourselves. Hand out the first five glyphs during early story missions and compose the required addresses from these, then require the player to locate a portal by the actual mechanics provided for finding a portal and then dialing it themselves. it would have been an epic moment indeed.
So I’m very glad to see what they did, and hope they’ll continue down that path.

BUT: If we’re going to have more navigation by coordinates, I’m going to have to insist on a complete compass on the hud. Not just north and south. And not just east and west either, though that would already be welcome. No, I’ll want full flightsim-style degree scale, though I guess I could forgive if the reduced it to 10-degree steps to avoid clutter.
Also, it’ll have to work up to a bit further from the planet, or the planetary approach would need some hud element marking the axis, the equator and the 0/180 lines of the lattitude.
In fact, here’s an idea: When scanning a planet from space, overaly a coordinate system for a while (can be hidden again when “scan duration” runs out or player enters an atmosphere). SOmething along these lines:

It is great to feel more in control and engaging the player more during missions. It is not so great if the main obstacle is the interface.

8 Likes

I have requested E and W compass markers before. Adding “ticks” for some specific interval would indeed help navigation. Flying around trying to determine in exactly what direction to fly to arrive at a specific game Lat/Long drives me nuts. (Some would say it’s a short trip).

I think that if an in-space planet overlay had the two major equatorial latitude and "GMT type longitude circles, it would give needed direction help without becoming a simulator. The then enhanced compass would fill in from there as you enter the planet’s atmosphere. (I fee another feedback/suggestion coming on… :grinning: [Update – DONE!]

5 Likes

The Living Ship’s center console needs some work.

Barely legible while Pulsing.

The above planet should be visible at the top of the flattened cycle.

5 Likes

A few things for the wishlist:

I wish for a 4 point (or even better 8 point) compass.

I wish for the planetary rings to circle a planet relative to its poles.

I wish the originally planned planetry movements could be reimplemented.

I wish we could install a ‘drop box’ as part of our buildings so visitors could leave a gift or a vital module or component they/we can’t locate. This would help with so many timezones playing.

I really, really wish the clipping issue for ships entering the space station and freighter hangers could be fixed.

Have noticed an issue where it is sometimes very hard to land a ship due to the area not being clear. (I liked it better before when any offending trees or rocks just got squished).

I’d like for very ‘rare’ finds to reflect their rareness in being much more valuable.

I’d like to acknowledge one of my wishes that was granted (at some point) but I only just discovered. :roll_eyes: : The ‘Harvest All’ feature in domes.
I’m guessing that was part of one of the updates last year when I was ill & didnt play for a bit. I recently built a new terrestrial farm in my newest game & discovered this.
I asked for this back in Atlas Rises so it was cool to discover it finally here.

8 Likes