Beyond BEYOND - wishlist

I think its a great idea. Crash landing on a planet would make losing a dogfight much funner. I can imagine how, if you are close enough to a planet atmosphere only, you slowly get pulled in and then the ship starts to get engulfed in flames entering the atmosphere and you get a moment to steer the ship where you want it to crash land at. After crashing, you get a diagnostics report from your suit system telling you what broke.

Now in order for this gaming mechanic to work, it would need to be fairly easy and quick to repair the ship so players dont rage quit or restart the game at their last save. So with that said: the damaged components, instead of it being completely broken, it could just need the common things found on every planet to fix them such as ferrite dust, carbon, zink, etc. That crafts the basic and easy stuff such as metal sheets, carbon nanotubes, etc. Maybe even have a ship upgrade such as a little flying droid(like the ones we’ve seen in game as a decoration) that auto-repairs the ship for you in a short 3-4 minute period so you can focus on surviving the extreme weather, or enjoying the paradise planet while you wait.

If you wanted more “extreme”: you can have one or two random items from your inventory be taken away from you and given to the dogfight winner. And to the loser, there can be a ship upgrade similar to a defence chit but instead it would be like auto insurance but for ships. It wouldnt be like real life, ofcourse, but more simple. You buy the insurance chits(they stack) from an NPC at a space station for, say, 20,000 credits each. You can then go back to the NPC at a space station and they will return your items to you in exchange for one insurance chit.

6 Likes

I too want that compass back. in fact It states in the guides that it is there and I just figured that my cataracts were too bad to be able to see it, but I remembered it being pretty clear in NEXT.

Hmm … maybe it’s just another overlooked bug?

6 Likes

Thanks for the feed back.

2 Likes

I have an old long list but since Beyond VR these are ones that jump right out.

1. Support MODS!!!
  2. Give us a body the way that Lone Echo does.
  3. Give us a thigh holstering like Robo Recall.
  4. Put more interactable surfaces in cockpits to take controls away from…. Well controls!
  5. Make the colossus an amphibious duck, more ground speed, obscene water surface speed.
  6. Bring back zoomable binoculars in VR
  7. Obscenely deep oceanic trenches.
  8. Maps!! Compass!!
5 Likes

I just have a couple

1. Ability to remap the controls on a DS4 or use trigger buttons for accelerate and brake in exocraft.
  2. Revision of the build menu/interface to either allow glitch snapping again. Or enable vertical rotation of building pieces with at least double the rotational lock points.
3 Likes

I want the compass back but with more detail. And bring back altitude, its a bugger flying in bad weather.

5 Likes

I know the post is three days old and I’m slow to the new stuff, I just got my nutrient mixer thingy and I noticed it comes with its own storage. I haven’t tested it out yet but perhaps building multiple nutrient machines will give you even more room for food storage?

4 Likes

Here’s one:
Imagine you are poking around planet-side doing traveller stuff & a small alert pops ups. You scan the skies above you & spot a lone starship as it sails through, billowing smoke & in need of serious assistance.
You quickly scan & lock it in but of course it sails out of sight but it’s now being tracked.
Upon returning to your ship, you track the stricken vessel much like as is possible now. You help the stranded pilot, get a small reward as thanks & your standing goes up a notch :grin:

Of course this would need to be a rare thing (like Runner Rocks) but would just add to the list of possible experiences.

8 Likes

No Man’s Sky INFINITY :infinity: 2.5

CLICK FOR DETAILS

Source:

No Man’s Sky INSANITY :exploding_head: 3.0

❝Insanity provides a broader foundation for radical things in the future. Insanity is just another step❞

12 Likes

Some things I’d love to see:
-In the Discoveries tab, selecting a system will display distance to the center
-tornadoes!
-lightning!
-clouds cover the sky during a storm
-able to carry more multitools
-and lots of stuff you guys mentioned above :slight_smile:

7 Likes

re crashlanding, isn’t it already the case that when you loose a dogfight, you respawn on a planet in the system with your ship broken?

3 Likes

I have not died yet in BEYOND but, the last pirate fight I lost respawned me on the Space Station. It was in space and not planet side

3 Likes

is not respawning the same thing? lol

3 Likes

A respawn is what the Gek are…if I respawn, do I become a Gek? :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

I only have one wish currently:

Fix current issues in Beyond, fix pre-existing issues, finish up present features.

In above order, before continuing to add new goodies!

14 Likes

Yes Please!!!

4 Likes

Oh man, that would make so many people happy if it happened. Why did you do this to us? Now I want it so bad! :joy:

So I have been spending some time in the nexus with our new friends, and I noticed they refer to you as iteration-iterationnumberG or iteration-new or sometimes just iteration-traveller (I might be getting some of that mixed up) and it had me thinking.

I wonder if in a future update, will we be able to choose a name for our traveller?

After all, new dialogue from Nada mentions that Polo does not like to see the iterations as numbers and never calls them by their numbers (unlike a certain pink faced cat eyed traveller who I won’t be naming here :smirk:) so instead of iteration-numberG, they’d call you iterarion-name.

I like the sound of Iteration-T0dd or iteration-Umptious :relaxed:

6 Likes

Turning in completed jobs at the Space Station.

I’m sure that someone(s) asked for a little additional time after selecting the job to turn in - so that the cursor can be manually returned to the center of the screen. But, now the time is too long. Please shorten it a little.

4 Likes

Same when hiring your base workers now. I thought my game froze but it was just taking a loooong time for my construction overseer to tell me what he wanted next.

3 Likes

Or as an alternative, perhaps the game could draw our name from our Steam or console ID (the chosen username we’re playing as), just as our inventory does, and this could display in Nada, Polo, Traveller or other dialogues.

I have to say, it is always a nice personal touch when this is added to games.

Traveller Orca (NPC): “Hi, my name’s Orca. What’s your name?”

Click: “Choose to Share Name”

Traveller TOdd (Player): “My name’s TOdd.”

Traveller Orca (NPC): “Hi TOdd, can I offer you a multi-tool?”

In real life, knowing and calling someone by their personal name, feels warm and inviting.

To say, “Hey guy” or “Hey Mr”, is not quite like, :sparkling_heart: “Hey Crim”.

3 Likes