Base Locations - discussion/talk

So I finally moved my base to this new location on the same planet, with the Portal next door, as initially shared when creating this topic. It has pretty much every kind of shelter/building nearby, as this area is rich with them. There is a Trading Post at 3.5 mins. walk, where I found a Traveller for my 5th Glyph. The next base location is at 7 mins and a crashed ship at a couple of minutes walking as well. Only thing further away is a crashed freighter at 17 mins.

This time I decided I wanted to feel at home as well as being able to farm and have some other options available, like the Race Initiator. I ended up with a base that has quite an amount of decoration, while still being able to farm Living Glass, using 2 Biodomes and underground soil for the Gamma Root (radiation planet).

Farming stats

2 Biodomes (top dome is unused):

• 20 Frostwort
  • 12 Coprite

Underground soil:

• 48 Gamma Root

Additional to cover other crops:

• 2 Large Hydrophonic Trays
    • Fungal Cluster
    • Venom Urchin
    • Solar Vine
    • Gravitino Host
    • Mordite Root
    • Echinocactus
    • Star Bramble
    • Albumen Pearl Orb
  • 2 Standing Planters (Carbon)

Harvest:

• 4 guaranteed for a single run
  • 8/hr (30 mins. run)
  • 12/hr (15 mins. run)

Has potential for more with some easy modifications.

Location details

Galaxy: Euclid
Region: The Arm of Pafujil
System: Fun Paradise (DP Re-Boot)
Celestial Bodies: 2 Planets / 1 Moon
Dominant Lifeform: Korvax
Economy: Manufacturing / Balanced
Conflict Level: Tranquil
Distance to Galactic Core: 711977 LY

Planet: Fun Paradise Alpha
Weather: Volatile Winds (basic radiation, no storms)
Sentinels: Limited
Flora: Rich
Fauna: Ordinary
Resources: Gamma Root, Emeril, Copper, Heridium
Signal Booster Coordinates: OGUL:0620:0083:014C:0065
Portal Glyphs:

Images

Full view

Entrance

Underground farming and storage

Stairs to top level

Top level Square Room

Top level Biodome

Portal view

All-in-all, really happy at the moment and sure to enjoy my new home for quite some time. Looking forward to creating a fun race, which I have never done before. Although the looks on my current planet are not bad at all, I do realise I may eventually want to move to a better looking planet/system with hopefully similar conditions when it comes to location.

Edit: Removed Base from Steam Workshop as it did not work. It showed the default Habitable Base in a totally different location.

5 Likes