Base Building

I have added to Traveller’s Rest with some of the new pieces



and since building inside settlements can be so unsustainable, I decided to start bringing the settlement to my base

7 Likes

The snow man looked okay when I visited the other day, might just be a temporary glitch :slight_smile:

A good excuse to now use the favourites tab, since I added them. I’ve come to realise that not letting us add player bases to favourites, but just the local systems, is probably a better way of doing things in the long run, considering how bases can come and go but systems always stay.

7 Likes

Oh thank you for this…that is reassuring x I will go there again tomorrow x

3 Likes

So nice to know that people are going there… I must share my others bases x

3 Likes

Hyper realism desert base…I haven’t even got my furniture delivered yet and the neighborhood caught fire.

7 Likes

Hope you don’t slide into the ocean during the next big rain storm.

2 Likes

I came here thinking I’d only claimed the site a few years ago and had still yet to build. Intention was to delete and do some base pruning.

I think I have to keep it now because I definitely built here some forgettable night not too long ago.

7 Likes

I rather like some of the changes… after all nothing in our world stays the same and at the moment flooding is very much in fashion x

5 Likes

Making progress on the main base for my still fairly new save. At least it has a nice kitchen.


Five is the fish locker. Any mining base with access to water has one of those. Six is the pantry. There’s one of those in my farmer’s building at the settlement also. Currently that’s the only place I am growing things, but if I expand some of my mining bases by adding an outdoor planting area I’ll add a pantry as well.

Fishing deck for those long nutrient processor runs. Usually those are done while I’m watching sports on TV, but the commercial breaks are always more time than I need to tend to the cooking. Catching simulated fish to fill in the rest of the commercial time seems a lot healthier than eating chips.

9 Likes

So you had a very enjoyable and productive Superb Owl Sunday recently I gather?

I love anyone who follows a system with their bases, it’s mesmerising to someone like me who falls in the door, drops some loose timber and says yes, this is it, we’re home.

4 Likes

I’m actually a lifelong Eagles fan, and my son married into a family from Philadelphia that are rabid Eagles fans, so that particular Sunday was mostly vicarious party by text. I couldn’t go in person because one of my dogs had just had surgery, but I was happily involved. I did have many a productive NMS Sunday during the football season though. I clearly miss it, as I have a huge accumulation of creepy fluids to process into nanites.

Speaking of which…


New refining center. Built low to not obstruct views from the main building.

Total of four refiners, and the eight storage units not associated with the kitchen. The fishing deck doesn’t give great access…that inlet is pretty shallow…but it is within short range teleport distance to my offshore mining platform so I can pop out there during long grinds, once I rig the teleporter. Ran a bit short on materials so when I get back in game it will be time to shop.

6 Likes

Ew :nauseated_face:

Not my favourite line of text :laughing:

5 Likes

I think that’s the end scenario for most people after sporting events.

4 Likes

Mine either, but sometimes good taste must be sacrificed for accuracy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I think an accumulation of creepy fluids is the end scenario for most people. Period.

6 Likes

Today my brain woke up and realised wonder projector projects ALL discoveries…

Which means those new trees and plants are ours for the taking

For some reason the leaves on this one don’t render a face on the other side when viewed through the wonder projector, seems an odd time to be face culling.

Edit:

They’re also effected by the wind and storms :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I had only intended to build a small square frame with room for a portal to warp in to and maybe do some fishing.

Things got out of hand and now it’s got a boardwalk

11 Likes
6 Likes

Most of my misc shots have been from base building the last few days




8 Likes
6 Likes