BaseBuilding in Origins

A fresh start for our new Origins bases.
Here is my old original Beyond base in its new environment.

10 Likes

My previously mentioned extreme fire base floating over a radioactive ocean has returned to an extreme fire planet with unique flora, fauna, and weather that surprised me.

However, I had to completely rebuild my electrical system. None of my electromagnetic generators, solar panels or batteries would power things connected to them until they were deleted and rebuilt. Odd, but I thought i would share the work-around.

Edit: power is out again even though it says I have more than I am using. I wonder if the storms are knocking out the power?

6 Likes

I have had no problems with my electrical in any of my bases, (so far) but I have no terrain issues (so far) either and I am using solar panels.

4 Likes

I fixed the issue. It came down to the power grid not giving me the information that I thought it was. After adding more generators, I no longer had power outages and saw that I was using more energy than I thought.

4 Likes

I can see all of @ukmerlin 's base now. That never happened before Origins.

(Yes it is all there, I just could not get all of it in one frame)
Also was able to see all of @DevilinPixy 's base.

The new planet color scheme is a perfect match!

13 Likes

Nice! That is my previous design, I have moved away from that to cut the number of items in the base count.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Thought that I’d try using the concrete components for base building and have encountered a few problems.

The sidewalls are shorter than cubicle walls so tall items (teleporters) don’t fit between floors.

Concrete flooring/ceiling doesn’t come with lighting unless lighting panels are used instead.

The only stairs that worked inside the structure were wooden ones.

Every appliance required extension cords.

8 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

I built a tree house around one of those huge tree trunks. I’m still furnishing it & putting final touches on. I basically threw it together and wound around the tree until I reached the top. Pics aren’t the best.

12 Likes

I mentioned renting an apartment with some storage space in a larger settlement in another thread, so I thought, well, why not? :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course it came unfurnished, and since this is a relatively new game I don’t really have anything to put in it yet.

And no decent lighting yet. The planet is very foggy and there’s very frequent storms that are not dangerous, but suck most of the light out of the world…

It does have a nice feel to it having a base in such a busy place. There’s a constant coming and going. Having your apartment directly under an active landing pad also means the rent is very affordable if you don’t mind the noise…

12 Likes
7 Likes

13 Likes

I finally found a planet that I never want to leave. So I built a home.

We will enter through the mud room

Into the kitchen, dining and living room area

A quiet corner for reading and study

To the powder room and up the stairs to the bedroom

Which features plenty of storage and a vaulted ceiling with skylight

The front of the house features a long porch with sweeping views

I have forgotten what galaxy I am in, :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

16 Likes

10 Likes

Edit:

14 Likes

:rofl: that’s what I get for building over a crater

15 Likes

Looks like you’ve got a serious pest problem…

4 Likes

The new base: Terra 1 Paradise Orbital - No Weather

12 Likes