BaseBuilding in Origins

Refurbished Type 1 Orbital - reworked all the power and some construction. This location has an ‘S’ class derelict with minimal defenses. Type 2 Orbital to follow and Blender presets.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Nice!
Moved you to the current base building thread.

4 Likes

This is where I experiment with build techniques, check out this giant moon pool as a force field roof for landing pads.
It is located here: 0253:0081:095F:0035 / 003502160A54

6 Likes

10 Likes

A EUCLI Built Base WIP. Thanks to WinderTP. You will need good graphics and the mod to visit and enjoy.

6 Likes

Not sure where to post this but is a clever use of a base

Video can be viewed without a twitter account

4 Likes

Sooo… he built a base around the whispering eggs so the monstrocities can’t get at him? It’s clever, but it doesn’t seem very economical…

1 Like

From @Captain-Steve-NMSA

6 Likes

Musical Archive #1 - Builder: discord user MsAethena, Documentarian Singular Gleam - inside shots withheld according to HCSG protocols

7 Likes

I built a base in the old ETARC capital. It sits on a hill above a monolith and just across from a wrecked Freighter.

There is a balcony with a pillow covered bench perfect for after dinner cocktails.

There are 3 bunkrooms

A shared workstation.

And a full kitchen. (Please wash all utensils and stack them on the shelves after use)

Hope to see you soon at the ETARC Atlas-65 Field Office and Bunkhouse

12 Likes

I can’t go there. It crashes my game. I’m the only person in the whole of NMS who can never visit. :cry:

3 Likes

That is just strange. Is it because you built the first base and then the planet moved?

1 Like

Before Next, you could only claim bases that were already in fixed positions. In order to stop Trolls moving in, I claimed the same base as the Capital in both Normal and Creative modes. Before Next, you could do that. After Next, you couldn’t.

Because of the way NMS works, it only tries to generate those bases if I go to the Capital system. When it does, it tries to create two of the same base on the same spot - which, of course, it can’t - so it crashes. I can’t even go there to delete the bases - I can’t get near them.

I’ve tried deleting the save file the bases were stored in, but it didn’t clear them from the server - so it looks like I’m stuck. I can’t go there. The price of trying to be helpful.

5 Likes

Can you delete one of your bases off-line, then go online to encourage an update on the server…
Or…
Can you bring yourself to delete one of your saves, since altering the save file isn’t enough?..
Or…
Can you liase with another friendly player and change your settings so as to permit base editing…and then get them to delete most of it so it doesn’t overlap.

I’m guessing you’ve already tried these options but I feel your pain.

I had a base glitch out terribly after a messy multiplayer interaction (which played out live on this forum). It took ages for my PS4 to ‘forget’ the problem after travelling through dozens (maybe hundreds) of systems. I’m still too scared to return to that system in case I start the glitch all over again.
Actually, I’m about to upgrade my console so maybe I should tempt fate & see what happens. What could go wrong :rofl:

4 Likes

That’s very strange, it sounds like some additional issue is going on there. A base from another mode shouldn’t even be loaded, and it is currently possible to claim the exact location in multiple modes. For Expedition 1, I claimed/uploaded the exact same wild base computer as the one in my Next Creative mode save. I don’t crash when loading either save. My creative mode save loads just the creative base, and the expedition (now normal) save loads just that base.

2 Likes

What can I say? Prior to Next, I claimed the Capital planet, and named it in normal mode. I did the same, using a separate save game, in creative mode. I built bases at the same location in both saves - you could only have one base per save in those days.

People visited. They could sometimes see the bases, (sometimes they couldn’t - we never worked out why). People left communication spheres around the bases. It all seemed to be working out. Then Next dropped.

After Next, the Capital planet was much smaller. The comm balls that were surrounding the bases were now out in space. If I tried to visit the area, my game would become more and more unstable over 2 or 3 minutes, and would then crash, corrupting my save in the process (luckily I had backups).

I tried dozens of times to clean up the mess, but it didn’t work. My game runs fine, except when I go to the old Capital system - and then it crashes.

I have long since deleted all my old save games. In fact, I deleted them all again after Expeditions 2 (I thought I might need the empty slots).

Between my multiple bases and Next, something got messed up. I can’t go to Etarcia - I have long since given up trying.

4 Likes

It’s kind of that ironic thing where you try to do a good thing to prevent problems for others & then get burned in the process & end up on the receiving end of a whole bunch of different problems for your efforts.

4 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes