Atlas passes have arrived

Is there anyone in Canada in here that hasn’t gotten an Atlas Pass?

3 Likes

Yah, I’m in Canada, still haven’t gotten mine. At this point, I’m starting to think that I may not be one of the lucky 10 000.

1 Like

Someone on Cobra’s subcast last night stated that they live near the West cost in Canada and did not yet receive a V4 pass. (Also, its only been a day. Delays happen with snail mail.)

There’s still hope. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m closer to the east, hopefully my mail’s just late.

1 Like

virtual pat on back

2 Likes

Yeah, it could take a little while. In the last 15 months, I’ve sent two small packages to Toronto from Seattle and another was sent to me from Toronto. All were just regular post and each one took 10-14 days to be received.

It’s possible this won’t take as long because the passes are in a standard envelope but it wouldn’t surprise me if the states don’t start seeing them til next week.

2 Likes

I know two peeps in the Vancouver area and both have yet to receive a pass. Both checked the mail today. My guess is Western Canada will receive them tomorrow or Saturday and the U.S. next week into the following week.

1 Like

Well, whatever 1.4/1.5 is, it will be the longest wait between updates even if it dropped today .

So this is gonna be a huge update I assume,and i wonder if it’ll drop only after all 10,000 Atlas Passes have been shipped?

Either way, can’t wait to see if I get one! I never win anything like raffles or prizes lol so this would be pretty neato to get one.

Then I can goof my friend and say it’s a Special Crédit card lol.

4 Likes

Can’t you just use a portal into Alaska to get there? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been wondering this myself… The length of time can mean several things.

Either it’s been their hardest update to get ironed down (which to me says "Synchronous Multiplayer is hard, networking is tricky stuff)

They’ve delayed it to put super extra thought and time into the next part of the ARG.

Or as you’ve said, it’s a pretty big update.

I can’t wait, I’m happy with whatever outcome. Could even be a smidgen of all three possibilities!

5 Likes

Don’t you guys remember what the email said? We would get told when they were all shipped.

3 Likes

Also as I was reviewing the mails:

“First, we’re pleased to announce that all 10,000 Level 4 Atlas Passes are in production. Note that due to transit times for mail, some may take several weeks to be delivered.”

5 Likes

Note - “This is NOT a guarantee that you will receive a physical copy of a Level 4 Atlas Pass…”

Very much seems to imply that there will be non-physical (i.e. virtual) copies.

10 Likes

Atlas v4 pass 1-00001/10000 has been reported to have arrived in the mail!

5 Likes

I wonder who’ll be first to offer them their copy of an atlas pass PLUS stacks of money just to be number one?

For those who want to contribute to the data being collected for the Atlas v4 passes, you can provide details through the below form, which will be added to the Google document shared earlier:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeobZDQR7oes8GYe8id9ehYEOG2cY5NtHfXNdqFSiroI1cDRQ/viewform

4 Likes

I think they were simply trying to distinguish that they are indeed physical passes. There is no mention of digital ones. Although, I imagine after all is said and done, the pass will be a blueprint in the game.

Ah! Now that’s more nifty! This is a far better approach than to simply contact a mod. lol. No offense.

1 Like

I base my opinion on the fact that Alice & Smith are professional communicators. At least in their prepared written work, they tend to choose their words carefully.

In the phrase quoted, the words “physical copy of” are redundant, unless there is also some other kind.

If the phrase had been written by some Joe on the internet, I would put it down to poor sentence construction. Coming from Alice & Smith, I think it implies more.

But who knows?

4 Likes

Emily does

4 Likes