Atlas passes have arrived

I received mine a few days ago and uploaded it into the document. I am happy and feel grateful to have been granted one. That being said, there are some on this forum (and others) that believe they devoted so much effort in this process (either real or perceived) that the pass is absolutely deserved. Not everyone is able to devote 100’s of hours to the game, let alone to the ancillary activities of the ARG which does not make one any less of a fan. I can reasonably presume that I have been playing video games far longer than most of you and enjoy them when I can. This one especially. Don’t become jaded because you did not receive the trinket, be happy that you played a part in what has been one of the most amazing video game experiences that the world has seen thus far. And know, that the reason the ARG exists is because players like you cared enough to offer feedback and provide support to a very small shop who gifted us with No Mans Sky.

Just my 2 1/2 cents.

Sorry for the diatribe…be happy, keep your fingers crossed, and keep exploring.

-Blue

10 Likes

This statement made me laugh :wink:
And congratulations Canada!

2 Likes

Well, as long as it’s just a trinket. However, my two cents are that I think that if it were to play some kind of an actual , concrete role in the ARG, whether we know of it or not, it would be extremely disappointing to those of us who have been active/very active with WT.

3 Likes

I think the designations are for specific roles, and those roles were determined based on that first survey that asked questions of us in addition to the Atlas Pass question. Maybe we are to have specific roles in an upcoming update?

Fair concern.
But I believe someone else in this thread already pointed out that if you recalled the original email sent by oldgods, they stated that not everyone would receive a physical copy, implying that a digital one would also be available. It just does not make sense that the community at large would be excluded. The tapes were one thing, these are something far different. I hope that you get one, Corporal, but like most who did spend their time working so hard, I presume that you did so originally without the hope of an award other than the challenge.

1 Like

Exactly. ( insert blah here for 10 word minimum ; )

Hi old friends. Felt like a naughty lurker since the come back of the ARG but i was a bit too busy to be as effective as this summer.
Anyway, i can say that… old Europe has (at last ^^) Atlas Pass V4, i just received mine this morning (France) so i Imagine i will recognize some european Citizens Scientists in the next hours saying the same thing :smiley:

Mine has been sent from netherland (Schiedam)

12 Likes

Congrats fellow CSD :3

Nervouseness +1

2 Likes

If i remeber well, you were already there when i joined ETARC and you were active in the ARG before me so i’m sure you will have a good surprise soon :wink:
I still believe that all the people who were active during the ARG will have a pass. the number of 250.000 from SM is really too big (250.000 ip adresses connected to the ARG sites ok, but never 250.000 different people)

4 Likes

Thank you @kerdorin for those reassuring words haha!

Let’s hope for it ! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Nothing in Virginia,USA starting to lose hope

1 Like

Got mine this morning, Essex, UK (report form done)

4 Likes

haha we were talking on Twitch about it !! Happy for you bro!

1 Like

They’ve landed in the UK? Good news coming for citizen scientists outside of the us & canada next week so!

3 Likes

Huh, interesting. I vaguely recall that, however, I seem to recall not thinking it was not an implication that there would be any kind of digital Atlas Pass. I mean, if it’s something digital, couldn’t any one than get one, whether they took part in WT or not? Would it not then be insanely difficult to change the coding of the simulation(game) just for a certain amount of people?

Also, I think I can totally see the memes now… “I spent all this time in WT and all I got was this lousy atlas pass”, etc. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone,

I finally decided to make the long trudge through the snow (uphill!) to the mailbox. It had been a week since it was last checked and so it was FULL.

The way back was pretty slippery. My walking stick needs a spike on the end for winter I think.

When I got back inside and shrugged myself out of the heavy winter coat, I laid out the mail on the dining room table and sorted through it. There were two identical white legal sized envelopes. Identical except for the fact that, peering closely, I could make out that one was for me, and one was for Mal (@Malveka). I think my heart started racing a bit. I opened mine and carefully slid out a pretty gold(-ish) stamped business size card: a v4 Atlas Pass!

I actually made a huge “SQUEEEEEEE!” and did a Snoopy dance!

I think I had been trying not to hope to get one so I wouldn’t feel disappointed and jealous of those who did. But I never expected that both myself and Mal would get one. We’re in the US, and it could have been in the mailbox for a week for all I know. :laughing:

Anyway, best of luck to those who are still hoping and congrats to those lucky few who have received theirs!

11 Likes

Does it come from Neherland too ? I can imagine A&S sending a big box of Atlas Pass to a friend company in Europe in view to reduce the cost of the shiping.

2 Likes

No, the letter has Whistl printed on it, they are a delivery management company in the UK.

1 Like

I here ya.

Same thing for me, nothing in California.

Also losing hope…

1 Like