All Leaked NEXT Footage [SPOILERS]

Ah, cool. I did notice, in the second video I believe, that the building materials were more specific. For example, some items needed “Ferrite Dust,” others needed pure Ferrite, and a lot of tech or building peices needed metal plating and other craftable components. (I think we also see the new mining then refining mechanic at work there)Maybe the days of just carrying stacks of iron and voltaic cells for building are gone…

It’s cool to see that some of the purely trade items we can craft now might actually be used.

something seen in a french article (after testing the game and an interview with SM):

A new scanner also displays new elements - the worlds are now full of buried treasures, which must be discovered with the terraforming device, and offers various rewards.

Burried Ancient artefacts ? :smiley:

About bases and ships:

The base building now has a mission tree, and rewards you with new resources.

The player who lays the first stone has the whole structure, but in multi, all members of the group can customize it.

You can also build in the mother ship of a player.

The landing of all the ships of the group in a cargo ship seems, strangely, to be the easiest way to get into a new system.

If you are full of credits, you can buy a whole fleet of freighters, unlocking a new mission list where to send them. The expeditions then take place in real time.

These cargo ships do not disappear - they are heading to the system where the mission takes place.

3 Likes

Decided I’d make a small list of new stuff involved in crafting that jumps out in these videos.
Note that these are raw resources and low-tier products required to craft other things.

• Carbon nanotubes
  • Sodium and Sodium Nitrate
  • Ion Batteryand advanced Ion Battery (appears to replace voltaic cell)
  • Metal Plating (appears to replace carrite sheet)
  • Microprocessor
  • Di-Hydrogen and Di-Hydrogen Jelly
  • Pure ferrite, ferrite dust and magnetised ferrite
  • Hermetic seal
  • Uranium (does this mean plutonium is now a refined resource?)
  • Oxygen
  • Chromatic Metal :metal: (honestly, I prefer pentatonic… :smile:)
  • Oxygen Capsule (appears to replace Power Gel)
  • Silver
  • Tritium
  • Ionised Cobalt (presumably, plain Cobalt is in there as well)
  • Phosphorus
  • Condensed Carbon (good old carbon is still here too)

Crafting definitely isn’t going to be the same again! :smile:

Also, a few things I could gather together about frigates:

Available roles seem to be Combat, Exploration, Industrial and Trade.
Frigates remember how many missions they’ve been through and have a rank progression, potentially representing some leveling mechanism. They have a moral stat for their crew.

I Also found it interesting that fuel consumption for frigates is given in x tonnes per y lightyears. Maybe we’ll get some more relatable measurement units overall…

Funniest outtake from the freighter video, at 2:12 in the description of the frigate:

Notes: Captain scared of heights

I think this will have about as much gameplay impact as the notes on minerals and plants, but I like such touches of detail :smile:

7 Likes

New Gameplay from what seems to be a different person that actually knows what they are doing. Shows planetary landing, some base building, some scanning. Looks great.

link

No Man's Sky Next Preview - YouTube

4 Likes

Huh… blueprint research? They’re changing the entire progression again! :smile:
Though we know that blueprints are still traded at space stations (even more so than before), so probably the research is a replacement for that dude that hung out at my base without permission or invitation…

5 Likes

a new 26mn video

So there is no more plutonium, we’ll have to use a sort of refinery to transform basic ressources in usefull one (“chromatic metal”, “condensate carbon” etc).
After scanning it’s possible to mark a target, useful for burried artifacts.
More different ressources in asteroid.

And a huge surprise at 18.45 :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is the first video I’ve seen, (trying to keep as much a surprise as possible) and if that time points to what I think it does, let me just say I’m glad my Hauler has a high roof!

I really want to watch it but I’m not going to.

MUST RESIST TEMPTATION :flushed: :grimacing: :flushed: :grimacing: :flushed: :grimacing:

8 Likes

New one:

2 Likes

Okay I gave my nagging brain a compromise and allowed it to watch five minutes of that new twenty five minute video…

You can mine those rocks on the ground you can’t currently mine :slight_smile: just like when we couldn’t mine marrowbulb but it was in caves. I’ve always suspected the unminable things would go the way of the marrowbulb, especially since there’s A LOT in caves that generate but can’t be destroyed similar to marrowbulb.

But seeing those white stones that litter a frozen biome are now mineable has made me happier than I thought it could.

Was hard to press stop at the five minute mark but I did it. And all I got spoiled was those white rocks being mined :slight_smile:

Oh and I would love to be able to hear telamon give diagnostics in a differwnt language than English, sounds less abrasive to my ears in this video (excuse my ignorance, french version?)

3 Likes

I actually prefer the English voice of Telamon specifically because of that more mechanical tone…the French voice sounds odd, out of place…too close to that of another human.

In the other hand, with such futuristic technologies in the game, why our suits should have a 80’s electronic voice ?
I’m glad to hear the french voice, i’d be able to think that Emily found a way through Telamon :wink:

@Oshoryu I totally agree, i thought the same when I saw what happenend.

4 Likes

RpHj

13 Likes

another source
The new No Man’s Sky free expansion has been given a July 24 release date on PS4, Xbox One and PC.

The Xbox One version of the game is going live on the same day, meaning Microsoft console owners will have a new update waiting for them.

According to the tech giant, No Man’s Sky will be available to play on Xbox One in the UK at 2PM.

This should mean that the new Next DLC will be available at that point too.

For those in the United States, No Man’s Sky will be available to play on Xbox One at around 6AM/06:00 PST.

2 Likes

soexcited

4 Likes

I am wondering about the PC Steam Release times?

Anyone got any news on that?

Thanks,
XDragon

2 Likes

Have not found anything yet…looking…:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I pray for a better optimization on PC, 1.3 was terrible.

It was? I never even noticed… I guess that’s the bright side of being underspecced in the first place :smile:

2 Likes

in 40 minutes or so, could be the patch notes

3 Likes