All Leaked NEXT Footage [SPOILERS]

What I meant was they’re downloading foundation, pathfinder and atlas rises maybe? But I’m probably very wrong about all that.

1 Like

source:

1 Like

I doubt it…because they have to account for people who don’t have internet still having a playable game of some sort…I can’t even imaging the base game with 1.4 or 1.5 but missing 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3…what would that even look like? No freighter? No base building? No vehicles?

It’s so cool to think that most games today take at least 40GB of space and here, the largest game in the Universe takes less than 10…so cool.

7 Likes

I remember Sean saying if the game had no audio assets it would be somewhere under a gig, I think at one point early on he joked just the engine code that generates the universe alone could fit on a floppy disc

5 Likes

It is a pretty big update so I don’t doubt that size. Hello Games is also known for including bits and pieces of any future update in with their current ones…to lay the foundations for later. Most game companies do that to test aspects not yet released (but running in the background) to help optimize the future coding.

TQQdles™

4 Likes

Ok so there isn’t a ton to look at here, mainly just showing off some emotes and hanging around but it does serve as a reminder that multiplayer will not really work out for people without headsets…if you can’t speak to each other you can only awkwardly walk around and waive.

Will update the topic if more multiplayer footage comes out.

3 Likes

My bad, forgot about this thread.

1 Like

This thread really needs updating though…there are now 13 leaked videos of the game.

2 Likes

There are? with the two you posted, I’m only aware of eight (the 6 in the original post and the two you just posted).

1 Like

Here’s the whole playlist:

4 Likes

Well, now we know that we have to craft ammo. Me likes. In combination with the lots of new resources, I’d say it’s a save bet that the whole crafting tree has been completely overhauled. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah but that’s not part of the multiplayer videos…and ammo crafting seems like a non issue…it just adds one more step between running empty and hitting the reload button.

2 Likes

Lol especially the second video is soo funny to watch. Maybe gesture and body language will result in a lot of laughing around :joy:

4 Likes

Okay so i caved and decided I’d watch one more video a day, like some sort of advent calendar but thankfully I found the second one unwatchable so I can save myself from the rest.

It was kinda painful watching someone who doesn’t know how to play the game, playing the game. Or maybe they’re a pc gamer doing some people a solid but aren’t used to dual analogue sticks?

Okay might be best I stay away from this forum until Tuesday, just in case I get tempted again :see_no_evil: maybe just ghost the image forums and general discussion :relaxed: see you all properly on Tuesday and have fun discussing these videos :tada:

5 Likes

Am on holiday in my own country until 12th August, but my Internet connection for PC is soo bad here that I will not be able to upgrade at all before being home again. So I watched all videos and will probably watch a lot of gameplay if possible on YouTube too…
Haven’t got my PS4 either with me but can keep playing my current PC version until then…

2 Likes

Happy belated cakeday @sheralmyst :slight_smile: Did do it yesterday but made a mistake by putting it in the wrong link…

4 Likes

Thanks, updated.

1 Like

Where is the ammo crafting shown?

The crafting itself is not shown, but there’s a notification visible in two of the videos that he has to craft some ammo if he wants to use projectile weapons like the boltcaster.

In itself this is not a big thing of course. But it tells me that the crafting system in NEXT will probably be a lot more thought through. I hope we see the end of “just pour raw materials into everything because it’s more efficient than crafting things that were specifically intended for this”.

2 Likes