3xperimental

Yay, they noticed it wasn’t working! :laughing:

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to everyone playing Beyond, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of stability issues. Fixes for these were released on Steam experimental earlier today, and this patch, 2.08a, is now live on PC. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Fixed a crash caused by invalid customisation data.
  • Fixed a rare crash that could occur on shutting down the game.
  • Fixed an issue where buying technology upgrades with nanites could also remove quicksilver or units.
  • Fixed a rare crash when summoning the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed a rare crash in matchmaking.
  • Fixed a rare crash when viewing parts in a networked base.
  • Fixed a crash affecting AMD GPUs when creating the pipe state on a framebuffer that has not been created yet.
  • Fixed a number of threading-related multiplayer matchmaking issues.
  • Fixed an audio crash when quitting from the initial screen.
  • Fixed a crash when quitting the game during audio initialisation.
  • Fixed Steam VR in Linux.
  • Fixed a rare issue where joining a full lobby causes an incorrect player ID.
  • Fixed an issue where players joining a group can be taken to the wrong system.
  • Fixed an issue that caused some network games not to appear in the Join game screen.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Exocraft Technician to have an incorrect interaction.
  • Fixed a crash caused by an invalid base index.
  • Maintain forward progress on shader and material load for problematic CPUs.
  • Improved fallbacks for out of video memory in low memory situations.
  • Fix for rare instance of falling through space station when interacting with vendor.
  • Fix for crash when ship pilot being interacted is removed unexpectedly.
  • Improved alignment of video memory allocations.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,
Hello Games

Goin’ in! Wish me luck…:sweat_smile: Not sure how much more my nerves can take.

5 Likes

Looks like they are starting to transition from game-breaking issues such as crashes and things of the sort, to the slightly lesser issues such as the handfull of faulty mechanics. Looks like they want to get all the wrinkles ironed-out before the physical VR release next month. Maybe, around that time or sooner, they’ll release the extra content such as unlocking the use of those additional NPCs in the Nexus? Perhaps.

4 Likes

https://forums.atlas-65.com/t/beyond-has-released-plus-patches/6530/168?u=sheralmyst

Going back in again! :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Experimental 9-22 Experimental Branch 22/08 :: No Man's Sky General Discussion

Notes:

• Adjusted base part data to improve performance in large bases

• Made player-buildable sofas sittable

• Fixed an issue that caused dismissing notification boxes to also perform in-game actions like firing grenades

• Fixed a number of issues that prevented hydroponic trays from working with base power

• Fixed an issue where pressure switches were not available in Creative Mode

• Fixed Health, Power and Shield stations not receiving power aboard freighters

• Fixed an issue that caused Batteries and Solar Panels not to attach correctly to building roofs

• Fixed an issue that caused animals not to drop mordite when killed

• Fixed an issue that prevent mordite being placed in the Nutrient Processor

• Improved handling of the camera in tight spaces

• Adjusted the VR UI for the Fleet Terminal

• Updated the icon for the Noise Box

• Tweaked the UI for the Agricultural Robot

• Fixed an issue causing text clipping in notification boxes

• Fixed an issue that prevented rewards from being seen when handing in Mission Board missions, and instead held the game on a screen with no UI

• Adjusted the speed of the scrolling text to make it more readable

• Fixed an issue that caused tips about the Crystal Fragments to appear for players who had no Crystal Fragments

• Fixed a number of LODding issues on specific plants

• Fixed a number of collision issues on the Space Anomaly

• Fixed an issue that could cause exotic ships to hide their wings when retracting landing gear

• Fixed an issue that caused ship cameras to intersect with the freighter hanger

• Fixed an issue that caused trade terminals on freighters to intersect the floor (fix will apply to new terminals, old terminals will need to be repositioned manually)

• Fixed a number of graphical issues aboard the freighter

• Fixed a softlock in a specific interaction in planetary factories

• Fixed a crash that affected large bases

• Fixed a crash that could occur when the game is shutting down

• Fixed a crash in Sentinel Quad navigation

• Fixed an issue that could cause black squares to appear when damage numbers were turned off

• Fixed a crash that could occur if an NPC tried to walk to an invalid location

• Fixed a rare crash in video card initialisation

• Fixed a rare crash in memory allocation

7 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch 23/08

• Fixed an issue where transferring valuable treasures (such as ancient bones) to other players would result in an invalid product.
  • Fixed an issue where Shutter Doors had incorrect icons in the build menu.
  • Introduced a number of PC-specific VR optimisations (not yet available for Oculus).
  • Reduced graphics memory usage to improve stability.
  • Fixed an issue where control pads did not rumble on PC.
  • Fixed an issue where Gek players would float when sitting on the ground.
  • Added a resource message when dismantling base parts.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite number of creature pellets to spawn in Creative Mode.
  • Fixed a memory leak related to starships and Exocraft.
3 Likes
2 Likes

shit that would be cool to see, guess HG does like them using the force!!! lol

5 Likes

My first trip to the Nexus today. No issues on PC Normal. I had MP on and went smooth. And I was WOWed at the interior. Just WOW, I had no idea the size. Thought I was going to need a map LOL. I found several things I was missing. Oddly Nada and Polo had the least to say.

4 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch Update 26/08

• Further adjustments to PC VR optimisations.
  • Improved VR-specific anti-aliasing.
4 Likes

Hmmm…this update seems to be causing chunks of the ground to be very slow at rendering. Everything around it is fine. It seems to be small random areas that have problems. I am not playing in VR.

2 Likes

Same issue pops up randomly on PS4 non-VR too.

2 Likes

I noticed that since beyond launched, thought it was just my outmatched GPU.

2 Likes

Yes. Since launch I have had chunks of grass pop in and out but now I have ground that will not render the texture. It always seems to be the section immediately around my character model
It eventually renders but is slow to do so

1 Like

Does experimental allow you to join a group?
I have tried with several people and several times. I cannot join a lobby
Can I only join others in exp?
I have no problem seeing and interacting with ambient players

1 Like

From Steam:

Experimental Branch Update 27/08

• Fixed a rendering crash.

Experimental Branch Additional Update 27/08

• Broadened the PC VR optimisations to include Oculus.
  • When in VR, removed a number of settings that have no effect in VR.
4 Likes

I believe this fixed the close-range ground texture issue. Still have the clumps of grass popping.
EDIT Okay. Not fixed

2 Likes

Beyond Patch 2.09.2

August 28, 2019.

Hello everyone,

Thank you again to everyone playing Beyond, especially those taking the time to report any issues they encounter via Zendesk or console crash reporting.

We are listening closely to your feedback, and have identified and resolved a number of stability issues. Fixes for these were released on Steam experimental, and this patch, 2.09.2, is now live on PC. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes

• Introduced a number of PC-specific VR optimisations.
  • Improved VR-specific anti-aliasing.
  • Reduced graphics memory usage to improve stability.
  • Fixed an issue where control pads did not rumble on PC.
  • Fixed an issue where transferring valuable treasures (such as ancient bones) to other players would result in an invalid product.
  • Fixed an issue where Shutter Doors had incorrect icons in the build menu.
  • Fixed an issue where Gek players would float when sitting on the ground.
  • Added a resource message when dismantling base parts.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause an infinite number of creature pellets to spawn in Creative Mode.
  • Fixed a memory leak related to starships and Exocraft.
  • When in VR, removed a number of settings that have no effect in VR.

We will continue to release patches as issues are identified and resolved. If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,
Hello Games

5 Likes

From Steam:

Experimental Branch 29/08

• Fixed a number of input issues that were causing the free scaling and rotating of base parts to be unavailable (Unfortunately, this will require users with custom bindings to rework their settings)
  • Fixed an issue that was causing players in non-Euclid galaxies to lose or fail to add teleport destinations
  • Fixed a number of issues with the refiner UI, including the increase and decrease amount buttons not working
  • Fixed an issue that could prevent Portal Glyphs being learned from Traveller interactions
  • Fixed an issue that caused a long delay when handing in missions at the Mission Board
  • Added a number of missing base parts to the Construction Research Unit on the Space Anomaly
  • Fixed a number of snapping issues with Landing Pads
  • Fixed a number of snapping/placement issues with Medium Refiners
  • Fixed a number of base part snapping issues that occurred only in multiplayer.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing the planetary north and south pole markers to be invisible.
  • Improved the messaging when completing a mission at the Nexus, to make it more clear where you will be when you exit the Space Anomaly
  • Made a number of cosmetic improvements to automated creature milking
  • Fixed an issue that caused freighter upgrades to cost far too many upgrade tokens
  • Made the HUD markers for players in your group consistent colours
  • Fixed an issue that caused the teleporter on the Space Anomaly not to show screenshots of available bases
  • Fixed a number of visuals issues with the Space Anomaly teleporter UI, including tidying the presentation of mission icons
  • Fixed a number of issues around entering and exiting the Space Anomaly while on a Nexus mission
  • Fixed an issue where the Base Overseer would not start automatically in creative mode after placing a terminal
  • Fixed a number of cases of incorrect text when viewing faction rewards from the Mission Board
  • Fixed an issue where depots in Gek systems had an incorrect number of hitpoints
  • Added a specific HUD marker for biological horrors
  • Removed an incorrect warning about transferring cargo that could occur when purchasing a frigate.
  • Increased the power of the Blaze Javelin
  • Increased the power of the Infra-Knife Accelerator
  • Removed debug information from photo mode screenshots
  • Attempted to restore lost freighters to savegames that were affected by the freighter deletion bug
  • Fixed a crash that can occur when deleting legacy base parts.
  • Adjusted rendering settings to improve stability in dense areas on PC
5 Likes

Hey sheralmyst it never left us, it was just broken!

Glad to see now that game killing bugs are handled they’re moving on to the less serious but common bugs, as is tradition :slight_smile:

This might be my favourite bug list yet. Fixes so many of the issues I’ve seen the CSD endure and a good few of my own too :smiley:

Especially the lengthy wait when handing in missions, made my VR streams a bore fest as I tend to turn missions over in chunks of twenty at a time :slight_smile:

Tha ks for the update Yemp <3

8 Likes