Wishes for Update 1.3, 1.4 and beyond

Perhaps I’m wrong, but with my maxed standing with all dominate races, and maxed with all the guilds, I can’t think I’ve ever experienced that behavior. Carrying a Defense Chit however can summon the System Authorities, which are Sentinel Starships.

4 Likes

✨ No Man's Sky—Alien Fleet & Freighter Combat ✨

:money_with_wings::alien::alien::alien: \ :man_pilot:t4: / :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::rocket:

What if… Every alien could potentially be hired. The higher their skill level, the higher their payment requirements. And perhaps each could have their own specialties. And maybe one that’s weak in an area (even no skill set) could very gradually, over a long span of use, attain higher skill levels, requiring higher pay.

Alas… Something more to spend all this money on, lol… And regularly, too.

Option to hire a new Freighter Captain. Ability to fly w/ your pilots, for fun. Racing? -hmm
And your Starship Pilots could simply hang out on the main deck, like the crew already do.
In fact, perhaps your pilots are your crew… With room/board n’ pay… At beck, call and whim.

Thus… Summon your freighter. Arrange your army. Call your fleet.

And when loosing members, perhaps they just re-spawn like we do.
And you then gather their graves to restore their abilities.

Prerequisite for hiring… Max standing with all races and all guilds!

This opens up another possibility…

Freighter to Freighter Combat❞ …Enemy Freighters or Sentinel Mothership

:thinking: What was that in the lore about fighting a great Sentinel War? -hmm

And while Pirates are “space enemies”, are drones such? Do we need “land enemies”?

Sentinel Drones (them pests) and the Elite Sentinel Force are all System Authorities.

Is the Missions Agent hinting toward “land enemy” through “locate the bad guy”? :wink:

4 Likes

💥 No Man's Sky—Center of Galaxy 💥

If your new or just don’t want spoilers, please do certainly skip over this.

Should a player prep for and make this long journey,
only to back-travel to outer edge where they started,
with view turning to another galaxy?—@oldgods

This does show how far they’ve come, but it certainly does appear that most players would prefer an entirely future forward outlook, with a BIG BANG, once reaching something quite as monumental as the galactic core.

I’d like to make a suggestion…

I believe that the center of all 256 galaxies should contain a Super Massive Black Hole, that when approached, gradually spirals the player closer, faster and faster, until the bright light gives to a black central core, explosion upon entering, and the player achieves a bright white warp speed, similar to the regular Black Holes, but inverted white for a feeling of greater intensity. And upon exit, it is at this point that the player spans through the stars, from center of new galaxy to it’s outer edge. And then spawns on a random planet. Breathtaking!

One sees why it’s particularly important that the new galaxy is clearly announced.

Cause what players are expecting at the center is an Epic Experience!

…even an end game.

Supermassive black hole - Wikipedia

Supermassive black holes (the largest type of black hole) are found in the center of almost all currently known massive galaxies, including our Milky Way galaxy. So I think it’s quite fitting, in a sci-fi sorta way.

4 Likes

They actually need to" see" you being attacked by pirates. That is to say they need to be flying around in their ships nearby. Next time you see your pirate attack event timer thingy counting down in your ship, try getting right next to a space station. As soon as you are attacked by the pirate, pretty much all of the nearby ships should start fighting with you.

Here’s a cool idea,

Sort of a mixture of your hiring idea and the defense chits. What if when you have maxed out your standing with a species, when you are flying around in their systems, your quick menu has a “Call for Help” communicator or something. Activating it would call a few fighter pilots of that species in to help you fight, then maybe they would fly around with you for awhile. This special type of defense chit would be permanent (as long as you keep your standing up!), but perhaps would have a cool down between uses.

4 Likes

The trouble, from my point of view, is that whilst you can do a lot of damage to NPC ships, and they can severely damage you, they barely do any damage to each other.

You can prove that they do actually damage each other. If you knock a pirate down to maybe 10% health, then your friendly compatriots will finish him off. But without your help, you’ll wait for ever.

This means that friendly assistance during a battle is pretty much cosmetic, and / or distraction. It looks nice, but if you want your enemies destroyed, you need to do it yourself.

10 Likes

after writing this up i straight forth forgot the many of the manic ideas i had that night.
update form journal, i wrote down as I played the past couple months. some not sure what i meant.:roll_eyes:

A way to scale planets, circumference, diameter, density, orbit.
Ice on water, blast-able
Ice worlds
ocean worlds
Dry dock to upgrade ship. ability to upgrade legacy ships. @AndyBiz10
System with multiable stars
Comets
blood curdling screams and roars.
Storage units when adjacent can be accessed as if one.
When in freighter, one can accesses all ship cargo or at least stats.
build-able tech that allows access to storage from a distance.
freighter docking a space stations
space eleavators
when someone takes from a another players base the player/builder gets units. player stores.
animals mark tires of vehicles.
allusive animals, i.e. you have to track them.
map a jump path, multi-able way points
last path used in the galactic map is active when you return.
two player split screen, likely tethered
a copilot seat
pick the freighter door you wish to land while in tracker beam. could use L1 and R1 to switch between.
abilty to scan star from planet surfaces.

9 Likes

This used to happen on first release!!!
Sometime in my first week of play I’d just upgraded to a little blue fighter.
At some point I got chased down across a planet and shot down and ended up deep down on the sea bed with a damaged, unusable ship.
I then had to swim to the surface and then swim to land and begin a very long hunt for repair materials.
I still remember Heridium was the one that took ages to find as I paddled from island to island. Other than restarting the game I had no choice.
I then had to repair the ship (2 trips) and had to dive all the way down to retrieve the ship almost dying as I got there so I could launch again.
Was an epic ordeal but truly brought home the alone-in-the-vast-galaxy feel of the game.

I cant recall ever chatting to a day-1 player that experienced getting shot down but there would have to be a few.
I thought they removed the feature to stop people getting hopelessly stranded.

Absolutely need this. When jumping long distances using a freighter you cannot use either an economy or conflict scanner, plus should you be doing the trade routes, you are stuck using a single pre-marked waypoint.
Multiple waypoints or at least individual waypoints for each map mode (economy race conflict ect) would make life easier.
I’ve also found that once in a system where you have missions completed or an anomaly, you cannot see the type of system it is (colour) in the galactic map due to the icon covering the star.

Good list :+1:

5 Likes

Customization + Sleek vs Bulk

Realistic designs; It’s a trade-off. Kinda makes sense that…

• sleek = delicate… w/ low storage
  • bulk = tough… w/ storage

But shouldn’t sleek = nimble at least?
And bulk = less nimble -just say’n.

And perhaps custom could increase/decrease bulk. From C to S.
And likewise alter the stats. A way to build one’s dream model.

What if . . . This applied to Starships, Multitools, ExocraftAvatars and more !?

:joy_cat: ❝Rainbow Joyful Tears❞

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind more photo mode extras as well.

4 Likes

Oh I wouldn’t mind that aswell!

1 Like

Fatal Collision + Planetary Pirates

Starship doesn’t seem to crash. Pirates don’t pursue on land. -Why?
No death-quote. Just decreased shielding with occasional wild spins.

Suggestion…

Crashing at “full-speed” results death-quote. (Perhaps not any slower?)
“Head-on” collision w/ planet surface, water, a cliff or passing plane.
You then regenerate inside your crashed ship; Even at seabed.
Scene resembles any other crashed ship scenario.
Smoke bellows up. (Bubbles if in water?) Time to repair components.

This is certainly missed game-play. :confused:

Potential issues…

High traffic areas.—Slam! “Never saw that coming.”
Slow loading graphics; aka “pop-in”.—“What the…”

Caves provide shelter from harsh environments. So then…
Are planets now intended to provide shelter from pirates?
-idk, just a thought

:flight_arrival: Could ❝LANDING❞ signal “ain’t interested” !?

4 Likes

How about some REALLY different worlds, with logically-designed aliens to match? I don’t think any of these haven’t been proposed before, but it would still be nice to see them.

1. Heavy gravity (slower movement, run out of stamina faster, need suit upgrades)
  2. Chlorine atmosphere (or are those the existing toxic planets?)
  3. Gas giants (need ship tech upgrades for atmosphere mining; aliens would be large gas-bag types; possibly create Bespin-style floating bases?)
  4. Volcanic or tectonically active worlds (extreme environs)
  5. “Deathworld”-type planets - where all life is out to kill you, and fast
8 Likes

@Sir_oops This list is awesome.
I Have a few ideas, some will never will be seen in the game but we can only dream.
-I would love to have different size freighters, at this point we only use about 20% of the freighter, so much waisted space. Would be cool to have one with different cargo bays
-I would like to have smaller flyable mothership with 6 landing pads(since 3 of them are useless if you have 6 ships) would be cool if we could land them.
-Centralized inventory, Some really good ideas have already been stated.
-Planet vehicles could be shuttled down by an NPC or a drop pod, could build the landing pad, instead of building the vehicle bay(its odd to see a physical object just appear)
Ships are one of my favorite aspects of this game, i have so many ideas but here are a few.
-Upgrading ships, or modifying ships, wings, side pods/thrusters, tail.
-Visible weapons systems
-A ship maintenance system could be cool, we clip things often and get into battles, one thing is the shield but we should be able to perform maintenance, the ship will be down while its going through maintenance, would give us a chance to fly our other ships.
-On haulers we should be able to open a cargo area, these would be excellent ships to have a “copilot” seat either side by side or one in front of the other.
-When NPC’s send you to kill animals would be a good chance to hunt them down, follow tracks it can give us hints either finding them in caves or on maintains or near water.
-Could use the same system for hunting down rare collectable relics, each system should have 5-10 relics, collect all of them and it gives you star maps where more rare collectibles may be.
-I would like to be able to select your next jump point before getting into your ship, no one hops in their cars and decide where to go.
Don’t want to make this way too long so i’ll split my list in two parts.

4 Likes

Very cool forum! I love the visual and aural experience of NMS and the exploring element of the gameplay - for me these are the reasons I enjoy the game. I love what HG have done to improve graphics, audio and exploration so far. Here are some of the things I wish will be in a future update, from most general to most specific

• More enemy types
  • More reasons to explore a planet - rare weapons, treasure in caves, unique NPC bases
  • More variety in flora, fauna and architecture
  • More fauna SFX and ambient SFX
  • More believable-looking fauna (some fauna looks really silly or out of place in my opinion, even for an alien!)
  • Floating islands with cool stuff on them
  • More environmental effects such as mist, haze, clouds hugging peaks
  • Something better at the centre of the galaxy.
  • An Inventory screen that doesn’t feel like it is using placeholder fonts and graphics.
  • “NMS” font for in-game text and HUD instead of the current generic-looking font.
  • Please erase the lash / coil plants from the entire universe.
7 Likes

Or… increase variety of hostile plants… YIKES!

2 Likes

NOOOOO!!!
Don’t get rid of Snappies!:rofl:

4 Likes

Holly Moses! Do not touch my Snappies!! lol

4 Likes

Every tongue lashing by them Rumpelstiltskin,
a certain Mario Piranha Plant …comes to mind. :vampire:

rumpelstilzchen in german means “little rattle stilt”

1 Like

Hahaha, my daughter likes to call them “Nasty Grass” :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would be extremely grateful to see just some of the following:

• Running rivers, waterfalls, and shoreline water effects
  • A true submersible vehicle (or transforming Nomad!)
  • Volcanic activity and lava (including geysers! lol)
  • Areas of dense forest/woodland
  • True representation of ship in cockpit view
  • Overview of ALL storages (ships/freighter/base/personal) for effective management
  • More sorting options for technology & crafting
  • Higher chances of different Fauna - i.e. I’ve only seen 1x small diplo
  • Restore the ability to find outposts from a signal booster.
  • A hoverboard for swift on/off foot exploration!
    (Lots more but best to stop now!)

Honestly, If HG had to make a machine just to play NMS, I would buy it! The NMS-Box if you will lol

5 Likes