Who is starting over for NEXT?

Idk, I did it with Atlas Rises and had a lot of fun. It eventually became my go-to save. If you enjoy the game, it’s really no trouble playing it again, especially when it looks as good as it does now. Plus I’m planning on playing with friends who are new to the game, so I guess that is another factor.

Absolute worst case scenario, i get to play NEXT until the save-breaking bugs are ironed out and playing with my normal save is safe.

Annnnyway, this is a silly thing to argue about. To each his own! :grin:

3 Likes

I carefully gathered 60 million or so, over the course of 200 hours, in an effort to buy a freighter. I understand that I’m about half-way there. Now I hear in NEXT they give freighters away early on. So what’s an old pirate to do, continue my save and… nobody knows, or start over and work for the freighter again. I can’t answer the poll yet.

3 Likes

Good news is that in NEXT Sean did say you will receive a free freighter after a few hours of play…now the bad news is that it will be a low end freighter so likely expect less than 20 slots class C type stuff. HG did say they want to make freighters more accessible so we’ll have to see if the prices come down or not but right now a high end S class freighter is about 500 million units. But for lots of units I highly recommend setting up a farm in NEXT and farming 18 mil items…with a base cap of 2000 items you can probably produce a ton of them every two to three hours real time…ten of them will net you 180 million…three times the units you have now. So I highly recommend you hunt down and learn all the product recipes and set yourself up a huge manufacturing facility.

2 Likes

Hello I know exactly what I am going to do when No Mans Sky Next comes out. I will be forming a galactic or universal alliance based on the sharing of knowledge and technology. I am looking for like minded individuals to join me on this endeavor. I can be found on ps4 as Hawkeye312457 or Hawkeye The Explorer. Lets build something great and amazing. I will be starting over with one planet and recruiting outward from there.

1 Like

Happy Day of the :birthday:!

“Join the atlas CSD. We have :cake:. No lie!”

:grin:

5 Likes

First check my base on the current save. Then restart. I want to see how the new introduction plays out.

I backed up my save from DAY 1 into the Playstation cloud saves (and turned off the auto-update so it won’t get updated until I am sure the NEXT updated does not have any serious bugs). I do want to see what my current base moon looks like after the smoke clears. With the ability to build bases pretty much anywhere in NEXT, I will probably want to try building one underwater.

I may start completely from scratch with a New Game save. I’m curious how the experience will be compared to how it was starting out on launch day.

1 Like

Also put your save file on a flash drive.

1 Like

Im starting over with my wife but still keeping my day 1 save that’s over 1000 hours of work cant just delete it

2 Likes

You don’t have to…Sean has confirmed you can take that save into multiplayer no problem.

1 Like

I know im just starting over with her she hasn’t played in over a year and i want a fresh save to explore on

As I have mentioned in other threads, I will be continuing my saves, but I am also going to start a new save file (the extra spot we got from Atlas Rises.)

I understand why some people would start a fresh save. The story from the perspective of someone just trying to survive and build would be different than a built save blazing quickly through the objectives. Also with new recipes and materials, the survival element and learning that from the ground-up poses a new experience or even challenge.

1 Like

Same here, i’m going to go on with my current save, just because it’s in the ETARC-Hub :slight_smile:

But for the start of Next, the first Thing i’m going to do is start a new game.

1 Like

I’ll be starting over from scratch. There is just TOO MUCH NEW STUFF that will change the game’s dynamics to keep the same equipment. Yes, it may become harder (read: more challenging) to start out in the beginning…but I’ll be testing the new content for bugs anyway…I live to test. And testing is always best done with a Tabula Rasa! -)

TQQdles™

2 Likes

I pretty much am forced to start over…
My S class exotic… Gone
My Freighter… Gone
My Base… Gone
My 255 Million units… 1 million left

yeah… no point in keeping that save

2 Likes