What new in NMS?

It’s my anniversary on the forum, not in real life. That’s in December

5 Likes

I noticed a sort of ‘new’ thing in NMS.

After following a teleporter lead to a (now non-existent base) about 250 galaxies away, I began exploring the deep reaches of space. This lead to my 2nd ever core visit & jump to the next galaxy.
Of course I’d forgotten that this broke things & I found myself with utterly broken EVERYTHING.
Ultimately, this lead to a different frame of mind & I became a slow traveller. I interact with knowledge stones & other finds but generally just wander in a given direction until I feel I’ve seen a nice sample of the world I’m on. (I hardly scan at all because the colourless visor image annoys me).
My pet, Hatsilly, is a large ridable creature now so I just plod along watching the world go by. This slow wandering makes random finds, like freighter wrecks quite awesome as they don’t ‘pop-in’ but rather appear out of the gloom. Quite cool.
Having never really ridden the animals until now much I missed a useful bit of info:
When riding, angry Sentinel drones just follow & don’t shoot. It’s like they hate Travellers yet preserve all other life & won’t risk shooting the creature.
Not sure if this means anything…

11 Likes

Happy Cake Day @gunnar

3 Likes

Any reason to eat cake is a good reason :yum:

4 Likes

Is the anomaly working again for anyone else? I just hopped in to grab some blueprints and could see people again. Havent tested this more than once though. Couldnt see any posts or comments on threads about this anywhere so I thought id ask / report here
EDIT: I’ve visited the anomaly a few more times, and seen players every time. Looks like HG fixed whatever was broken!

4 Likes

Mrs Mad-Hatter saw some fellow travellers (PS4 crossplay off) on board the Anomoly earlier.
Looks like they’ve sorted the MP issue.

5 Likes

Lobby filled with travellers on PC/Steam

3 Likes

The abcdef branch was removed 4 hours ago on 15 June 2021 – 14:24:59 UTC
100% just to help fix that anomaly glitch, unlike what some other people were thinking.

6 Likes

Something is up

6 Likes

I’ve just been to the anomaly to check. The responses I got from Ares and Helios were the same ones I usually get.

5 Likes

I experienced the same thing a while back. Either the start or end of the 2nd expedition, I can’t quite remember. The responses were like that for a day or two, but eventually reverted to normal.

4 Likes

It has been doing this to me if I join my friends game. When we leave the group it goes back to normal. I haven’t checked when he joins my game so there may be more to the trigger.

Edit: tonight it didn’t lock me out we created a group. Now I’m not sure what triggers it.

3 Likes

Oh right, I used to get this a lot back when Beyond dropped, I used to think that the NPC’s had certain days for events etc. Then I realized its probably just a dialogue bank.

3 Likes

Thanks for all the input. This is the first time I have encountered this. Was not in a group or anything. Was thrown out of the back of the Anomaly on my next visit. That has happened twice lately. Maybe a crowded lobby is a problem? Maybe he actually was tired and all the modules were sold out. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Been awhile, nothing “new” to report other than some supposed leaks from what appears to be two different people saying different things. One seems to be from the leaker who got most things correct from previous leak but that can’t be confirmed as usual.

2 Likes

“Jupiter.blues, I believe everything you say, except all the things where I think you’ve been fooled, and I can’t confirm how much of your claims I believe, as usual.”

(What would be your reaction if somebody said that you?)

3 Likes

To be fair, there are times when you’ve just GOT to have a leak. I know I generally feel much better afterwards.

10 Likes

:wink:
I like reading jupiter‘s passed-on leaks as well, I am just irritated by the self-contradictory phrasing.
It’s a leak. Rumour has it. It’s not confirmed. Choose what to believe. Great!
Why randomly insert “who was right about (most) everything” if we can all see that he wasn’t? Newcomers could interpret it as more than it is. :woman_shrugging:
Apologies if I sound critical, but I have had enough rampant feature rumours that caused strife here.

3 Likes

What strife are you referring to? I can’t remember so much as a peep since AR.

4 Likes

:rofl: i know. I know. This “leaker” stuff is silly. Just relaying what has been going around on various sites and streams. I guess i also could have worded it better too by saying: “one ‘leaker’ is supposedly the same leaker from last year, however, the identity of the leaker can not be confirmed to be him. Regardless, leaks should never be taken as facts and one should use caution when reading them so as to not be mislead.”

7 Likes