What new in NMS?

I mean, technically it is an undead ship… :laughing:

3 Likes

I sent mine out on a trade mission of 28 hours. The Normandy was mostly useless at trade. The highlight of it’s misadventures was accidently buying 91 million tonnes of dirt. Didn’t make a profit.

In the almost 5000 LY of travel, and 20+ trade oppurtunities, I ended up with 8 Sac Venoms. It was kinda funny seeing the long list of failures. Got attacked and damaged quite a few times, but the mission never ended prematurely. Offended quite a few aliens.

Just sent it out again on a combat mission, I’m guessing that’ll go better.

13 Likes

I sent the Normandy out solo on a ‘combat’ mission and it returned with 1.5million units & 10 Grantine.
Nothing spectacular but it serves as a unbreakable source of income.

6 Likes

Hype train is taking off for anniversary update and yet-to-be announced 3rd expedition. New 4Chan leak from last years leaker.(As usual with leaks, take with grains of salt)

3 Likes

Would definitely recommend taking this with a massive spoonful of salt. Guy claiming is just stating things that the community wants/ believes we may get. A LOT of the stuff from last year’s “leak” didnt make it in either. The in game arg never happened and neither did the combat update. Just good ol 4Chan here I suppose.

Hype is pretty high though, but im really unsure about what we could expect this year. Usually, past update features have had a lot of community support for them before they are announced, but I havent seen any major support for one single set of features like before.

2 Likes

Ohyea. Added, “take with grains of salt” to the post. Lol. Its still “news” though so I had to add it here. Also, the 4chan leaker from last year suprisingly had quite a bit right actually, considering the randomness of HG’s updates. Almost as if the leaker had real insite into what the devs were working on but some of it didnt make the cut. The in-game ARG took the form of the weekend missions and we technically got an update to combat but it was more of a refinement than an actual combat overhaul. But, still, one correct leaker doesnt mean we should trust any leakers any more than you should trust a theif with your wallet. Take the leak with consideration that a leaker can be anyone and likely someone just pretending to have information.

1 Like

Its definitely always a strange thing with leaks, especially with 4chan lol
Not sure how 4chan works, but is everyone anonymous? So it might not even be the same person :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Salt. Hmmm. Let’s see if I have the resources for that …
:wink:

And about more stars in the sky … I’d love to see some larger, maybe a bit fuzzier objects to that represent some distant galaxies.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is new or not, and if it is, not sure it has any significance, but I just noticed that when pirates warp in to attack, only one has the red rings around it. I thought all of them did. Maybe this is the leader?
pirates

3 Likes

More info regarding leaks surfacing online. More information regarding anniversary update but apparently deleted. However, screenshots were taken and going around being talked about by redditors and youtubers.

Edit: might be a spoiler so information regarding it will be posted in the Datamine/spoiler section.

2 Likes

New branch was just added to Steam called ‘abcdef’ which requires a password.
See:
https://steamdb.info/app/275850/history/?changeid=11750942

This also appears to be using BuildID 6801242 from June 4th.

Hmmm, no idea what that is all about

Testing to fix Anomaly with a rollback?

7 Likes

Probably in preparation to push a new build for QA.

3 Likes

Did you ever post it? I know that there was one fanfic on here, but I didn’t read it and when I grew curious, I lost track and couldn’t find it. But it and the many many many loose threads of Waking Titan inspired me to write my own. I’ve been such a k’fau in this place (Vy’keen term in my upcoming chapter) I wanted to contribute something positive. I’m positive it has gone way off the beam of what’s possible in the NMS universe, but I’m hopeful someone in Team Mercury finds it inspiring, and might cause some neat content in an update one of these cycles. One can dream, and dreaming is what I do best lately. :smile:

Quick off topic edit: I have a mess of videos which I’ve been sitting on since 2017 which I think would be interesting to the rest of the class here. It’s a number of them and quite massive. I have Windoze Movie Maker but have barely even worked with it. Would it be useful with a few nifty effects to splice together something which wouldn’t take up too many gigabytes to upload to YouTube? And for the general user, is there much room allotted to single uploads?

2 Likes

Steam ‘abcdef’ has updated again to a build from May 21st this time
https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/6739947/

2 Likes

I’m guessing trying to upgrade from each mayor version to wathever they are building. Sounds like a logical thing to do for people coming back after a long time

4 Likes

Sounds more like they’re trying to track an issue back through time to find out where it started, otherwise they’d be moving forward, not backward. Either some new code has brought a problem to light that was never noticed, and they try to figure out where it started because they can’t get to the bottom of it, or they’re dealing with a regression and are trying to find the point at which it did work.
In either case, somebody is probably not having the best time right now…

6 Likes

That’s a possibility too, actually.
But I don’t get why they are doing this on Steam, why not use your internal build system. That must exist.
Or steam keeps a copy of all versions. In which case this is easier as they don’t need to rebuild. Does anybody know?

5 Likes

Happy birthday. @gunnar :clinking_glasses: :birthday: :clown_face:

3 Likes

Happy cake day! ( I never seem to remember which cake is BD and which is Anniversary)

2 Likes

Happy anniversary. @gunnar :clinking_glasses: :birthday: :clown_face:

Whatever.

4 Likes