What new in NMS?

Not much of a surprise as HG announces what it is on there social media channels and website.

I agree. To not get spoiled, you apparently need to stay away from the developers themselves even, shut down the internet!

5 Likes

Yes! Thanks SM and HG! :rofl:
I saw the news as soon as I woke up and then had to wait over an hour to download it. Zero chance I was going to be surprised.

4 Likes

*Added the ability to dismiss a frigate from your freighter fleet via the Fleet Management terminal.
Guess that is why I did not know you could dismiss frigates…cause we couldn’t…until now :rofl:

7 Likes

Not sure if this was not possible for Expeditions specifically, but we have been able to do so in other game modes, it has just never been really clear

3 Likes

Gotcha! Thanks!

2 Likes

Agreed. From the first introduction of frigates, it was always possible to get rid of them - but the procedure was never documented.

As far as I remember. it was the same as deleting stuff from your inventory. From the fleet management console, hover your cursor over the frigate name until it highlights, then press the middle mouse button.

5 Likes

Now there is a Dismiss que on screen when examining your frigate

4 Likes

Well dang! I could have sworn I tried that unsuccessfully back in the day, so ended up resorting to save-editing the undesired frigate out. Turns out I probably just clicked on the wrong thing.

4 Likes

Those who ordered merchandise are allegedly getting something tantalizing.

8 Likes

When pulse-jetting in 3rd person, your ship now does a slow bob around the screen.
and when was this added in the Anomaly?

3 Likes

It’s mentioned in the release notes. Seems to have been put there to make up for bugs in the manufacturing facilities (seriously).

4 Likes

Hallelujah! They fixed the roof!

6 Likes

Sean Murray posts cryptic emoji tweet, shortly after the “Prism” update drops. Main features: visual overhaul, caves updated, space stations now have an interactable A.I. at the rear.

2 Likes

Instead of fixing them? Well, that would be a pitty. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes when I saw this in the patch notes, I was like “greeeat, let’s make another part of the game completely pointless in favour of instant gratification…”

3 Likes

Looks that way. There have been problems with the rewards from the manufacturing facilities for a long time - and HG have known about them for a long time - I know, because I reported some of them.

In my experience, this is the sort of fix you apply when you know the problem - but repair would require the complete rebuild of key systems. But you intend to introduce new stuff into the key systems, so you plan to rebuild them in the future.

It would be extremely wasteful to rebuild them twice, so…

3 Likes

Sent Normandy out with some combat backup.

Since you can’t land on the Normandy to fix it, is it indestructable?

4 Likes

I am assuming so since I have not heard from anyone saying theirs was damaged.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what it does actually.
“RECON” would suggest it is like a SUPPORT vessel but for COMBAT frigates.
What happens/do you get, if you send it out solo? Do you still get the same sorts of rewards?
I’ll try to remember to do that next session & find out.

6 Likes

It is indeed, superpowers!

3 Likes

I just go. by the frigate stats. I assume that 30 combat means it is strong in that role. Until HG actually release an update for Reconnaissance for now its strength seems to be as other combat frigates by comparison. It’s exciting to wonder what HG have planned for fleet expansion. I really like the fleet thing and sending ships off into the unknown. It would be cool to be on-board and go join in the crew’s fun! Maybe we will :smiley:

4 Likes