What about a female form

That could just be your own issue of defaulting anyone you see who’s gender you can’t determine as male.

1 Like

Could also be a language thing. Using “they” instead of he/she is pretty gender safe.

3 Likes

Exactly! I’ve basically defaulted to using they when I don’t know someone’s preferred pronouns.

1 Like

That’s it just what I meant thanks for the pic. I find myself with that hands on hips things. For me it helps with getting extra air into my lungs and ease hips and small back, as it pulls my shoulder blades closer.

2 Likes

There is a subtle body shape portioning that can also identify (to most people unconsciously) a person as male or female. This sort of thing helps forensic scientists identity skeletal remains.

I am talking about things like shoulder width compared to hip width, or the length of the torso versus the length of the leg. It is why for some Princess Leia in the bounty hunter disguise seemed/ looked female even though you could not see the more obvious indications. These proportional attributes could definitely affect gait as mentioned before.

3 Likes

Actually it didn’t. Hips yes, but not breast. Most of them are wearing some kind of breast plate, which would pretty much prevent any protrusions, whether exagerated or not.
I know female crossers, they don’t have breasts sticking out from under their turtles.
The difference in hip construction and shoulders is what jumps out most. Some anomaly suits have shoulder pads, so they’d hide that too. But they’re all very form-fitting around the hips, which is the main giveaway. It doesn’t have to be an hour glass at all. The subtle hints lie in the proportions. Women are about as wide in their hips as they are in their shoulders, while men are not. Combine that with a not completely form-fitting suit, and you don’t get hourglass at all. But your brain will immediately make out the difference.

3 Likes

Thanks again for all this discussion. It is of course a minefield topic I was just voicing the sort of avatar I would choose if there was a larger variety.
Perhaps enough has been said now.

4 Likes

I really don’t see why it should be… :+1:

4 Likes

My personal preference is since I’m a female in real life I like playing female characters in my games.
I would have loved to play, God of War, Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry Primal, etc. I don’t feel comfortable playing in a guy’s body. Thank goodness I can play female in the ME games.
So I would love if they would make female avatars eventually.

2 Likes

You can. No one can say if the avatars are male, female, both, neither, anything. Also in some of the later Assassin’s Creed games you can play as a woman and in Far Cry 5 you can play as a woman FYI.

2 Likes

Far cry 5 I just finished and I had a blast playing as a woman in that game. Did not know that in Assassin’s Creed. Thanks for the informaiton :smiley:

Happy Traveling.

1 Like

It’s a man’s world, hu?
I’d love to have female shape in No Man’s Sky, since I am always chosing a female caracter when I have the choice!
Because…
giphy

4 Likes

Female space women such as the ones in Mass Effect, look great in space outfits. Perhaps in the next big update we will have a bit of a figure :smiley: I do enjoy my avatar so far, so I’m not complaining. I just enjoy the fun heh heh.

4 Likes

don’t know why women do,

prolly cause it was directed/animated by a guy…:smile: All they need to do is dress up several different size and shaped women and let them role-play in the suits while the animators watch…doesn’t sound like a bad job does it? The differences between men & women can be subtle and not always very different. The difference is mostly in the curves.

1 Like

Damn, its ALWAYS about THE CURVES! Male was initially ‘designed’ by female for the sake of attraction and eventual reproduction… Its no wonder why a well propportioned female form drives me crazy! :crazy_face: … That was until human DNA began to randomly change some of its gender-related settings - due (imo) to both environmental and biological factors…

Regardless, Men tend to get a lot of stick for drooling over gorgeous women like we’re just “perverted letching creepy-ass slime-bags!” (but we know some of that response is to deflect and challenge for something legit and dependable)… That said, a lot of people’s (male/female) attitudes are effectively just evident reflections of any given person’s experience of life so far… Most of the time mistakes lead to corrections. Personally, I know and respect the boundaries *without any perceived failures :wink:

Likely not what anyone wanted to hear, so here I say SORRY - Have a nice day!

3 Likes

I don’t have a picture, and I suck at quoting on the forums, but earlier in the thread people were talking about how the Anomalies are human. However, when making my character I noticed that one of the glove designs only has 4 fingers instead of 5. It almost looks like 2 fingers completely blended together to make one massive middle finger. Glitch or not, it’s still something to consider. (It actually fit perfectly with my character because I was trying to make them look like an Eliksni (Fallen) from Destiny, and they also happen to have 4 fingers, in the exact shape. So… perfect?)

3 Likes

It’s okay.
I am actually okay with the character models. Having been around both men and women in combat gear, to be honest, you can’t always tell that much difference.
The only thing that I can say would be really nice is to have a slider system like The Sims has. This would allow each player to adjust height and width and perhaps add a few (look away @Kryzla) curves.

9 Likes

Oh thanks for that about the fingers I hadn’t noticed.

1 Like

:smirk:

1 Like

I remember that, hence my comment about being humanoid but not necessarily human.

3 Likes