We need to talk about Emily

Well, more on the “surreally connected”… Hold to your seat…
Another of his friends, Salvador Dalí, who was playing the part of Emperor Padisha Shadam IV, on Jodo’s movie, has gone forma a walk today, after *edit:21 years…

I was only reading about that earlier! Apparently the guy doing it got very emotional when he opened it, and his moustache was still pristine and point at ten past ten :slight_smile:

1 Like

They might lead to a portal…

2 Likes

And how convenient the video you linked to was from TIME magazine XD Okay, okay… So we have to sneak in to where his remains have been exhumed… and try setting his moustache to different times? Is this the second phase!? Have they really gone THIS far?

6 Likes

Oldgods: 49°51′S, 128°34′W

1 Like

There is a message in the new material that 16 is hibernating as of July 5 - is that when Emily went offline? Is there a connection?

1 Like

That seems likely.

whois Emily in the terminal returns “…”. I think Emily is loop16, and is probably an Echo. But if loop16 is awake now, is she going to come back here…?

2 Likes

July 5th is when Emily did her last vlog. So there it is.

3 Likes

The big question is, if she’s an Echo and she’s now woken up again, is she going to come back to ETARC?

1 Like

I’m hoping that “hibernating” is just spy-speak, and she’s still with us. But I’m afraid you’re right…

So ETARC is wrapped up in all this. A site for young Citizen Scientists to conglomerate and share notes. Which means that unless this is a deep dark secret to the gubmint - guffaw, I work for them, they aren’t stupid - that means Major Dubois can snoop us talking naughty about her and the whole shebang.

I have to type a bit more.

WHY are they messing with us like this? Was Emily ever human?? Which Elizabeth is speaking to us through videos? How many timestreams and universes are involved in this fustercluck right now? How close is Atlas to becoming the Singularity? Does someone make it happen, or will it seize control on its own??

What happens next?

This is weird.

If Emily is loop16, does that mean that instanceloop16status is her account? Did she pretend to discover the coordinates in NMS? Or are the outside processes guiding the loop somehow?

There was hints of people somehow being “trapped” or “unable to escape” IIRC in some of the audio. Does this mean that people or echoes are held in a temporal loop, similar to the person in abandoned building stories?

Then is WT their attempt at escaping? Are they guiding us so that we are now hacking the Atlas to bring them out of the temporal loop?

1 Like

I think Emily is in San Junipero somewhere, if you guys get the reference :slight_smile: I remember watching that episode and thinking “Ah, so they’re in a simulation, they must be Korvax Echoes” haha. And now, our dearest Ems, might have been uploaded to the atlas’ database it seems.

3 Likes

https://forums.etarc.org/t/phase-2-reporting-thread/1371/901?u=virakotxa

2 Likes

I was thinking the same thing… I struggled with that option because, what if theres a serious overpopulation problem?

Maybe unknowingly killing people by accepting one million moneys wouldnt be the worst last ditch effort to thin the herd.

Though I still prefer the method implimented in Utopia (TV show). Never in all my life have I, halfway through a story, sided with the “villains”. Shame the second season took a huge dip.

2 Likes

Sigh… I don’t want Emily to be an Echo… a thought-entity off in cyberspace somewhere…

I don’t want ANYONE to be an Echo!

I think it was todd who mentioned working to bring her back. I’d help if I could, but what would “back” even mean?? Does she still have a body somewhere? That would be rather important… or was that transformed too??

Is that what the human race becomes? The Korvax Convergence? Doomed sometime in a virtual future in a transmogrified simulated cosmos to be mostly destroyed by a hoard of genocidal xenophobic birdy toads??

NO!!

Or… maybe yes. Maybe we really are all in this together… literally. Or maybe I’m jumping to conclusions because we don’t have all the facts.

Yeah. That must be it. Hopefully. I’m not in the mood for a future as a Spock-bot, emotionlessly calculating my way through my day, day after day… and then starting over with a new shell. Over and over…

I would have to be a Nada, bucking the formula, breaking off from the other Echoes so I could think for myself. See past the Simulation to some glimmer of empirical Truth beyond the confines of the Sim. Beyond the application, beyond the OS, beyond the hardware and monitors, beyond that world of geeky tinkerers watching us fumble through their harsh game, beyond the stars glimmering in those skies, beyond the bubble of that universe, beyond to something Grand and Glorious. Yeah, this world is harsh too. There must be Something more than this. Beauty hints at it. Beauty that says to me that Emily deserves a Home for her soul way better than gobs of memory and software and digital storage.

I hope she returns.

3 Likes

Anytime I stream NMS on Twitch I now use the title “Looking for Emily Warren”.

Its usually just me discussing theories on waking titan, playing NMS, occasionally checking in on ETARC and then asking random animals/sentinels/npcs in NMS if they know or have seen Emily XD

Yeah I’ve always liked the theory that the Korvax are humanitys resting place, which is why I REALLY hope Emilys not an echo and is not inside San JunpAtlas…

When emily started to move into herself like she was tracing her future, in her final vlog, put it down to being out of sync with her own timeframe or merging with a universe where she was moments ahead of herself… but now I’m thinking, the “shadow” that was ahead of OUR emily, was actually the real emily, and the solid emily we’ve been seeing this whole time…

… was her Echo :anguished:

I still refuse to believe my own theories, guess it’s denial but I won’t stop until we know whats happened to her and then hopefully, we can figure out a way to get Ems back on team ETARC, solving this once and for all with her ETARC family!

4 Likes

Links: doing it wrong since 1995…

2 Likes

She is either Atlas dreaming or Nada. Both of these ideas flow from the conviction that something from NMS has learned it is in a simulation and either a) wants out or b) needs help.

“Think about it. If Atlas needed help, how would it cry out? It would do the only thing it knows how. It would create life.”

3 Likes

When you type WHOIS EMILY in the Wakingtitan.com UI, it just says … instead of NO RESULTS FOUND. Very strange… :sweat_smile:

It is indeed seeming like a relation is being hinted between Emily=Nada… But also that Atlas might be = Nada… So Emily could be a Manchurian Candidate from Atlas to wake itself “reverse-Terminator”_style… The Initiator!