We need to talk about Emily

Emily’s Facebook page holds some intriguing stuff, particularly the book “13 reasons why” that she has highlited as one of her likes/interestes, the synopsis mentions a package that mysteriously get delivered containing 13 cassette tapes, also the books Facebook page has some interesting quotes from the book hat have been posted in the photos section with excerpts highlighted by fans.

5 Likes

None of the forum members who I suspected of being NPCs have posted since Atlas-65.com went live. I’m pretty sure we will have to solve all the puzzles in this phase without any help from them.

3 Likes

Who else do you think are NPCs? :open_mouth:

Sorry, not ready to divulge my psychological profiling.

2 Likes

do you have a link to her page? :slight_smile:

found it:

3 Likes

Great work thank you very much

To whom or what it may concern. Take us to our leader!

4 Likes

Still no news of her? she wouldve wanted to see the end… surely

1 Like

Im new to the Awaking Titan stuff. Actually just learned about it today.
snip

2 Likes

Well, since you’re new, let me repeat something that has been said before in about half a dozen of topics. In an ARG, it is typically not done to start calling people actors (or NPCs), consider it an unwritten rule.
The reason for this is that NPCs, just like the sites, are all part of the story, and it is best enjoyed when taken at face value. (Kinda for the same reason no one so far has said “hey wait, superlumina tech doesn’t really exist! and the company has no valid registration either!”) So yes, some people you encounter during an ARG might be actors of some sort, but try to take them for who/what they are acting.

Or, in a more general sense, most of us don’t believe Santa Claus is real, but none of us would go out there and start telling him he’s not real. Mainly because he’s just more enjoyable if you go with the flow. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The distortion on her last vlog is exactly the same as Leighton’s. Time offset forward with a fade-trail…
To test the possibilities we can think of, it could mean that:

a) She is being attacked/intercepted by a time-paradox a la McFly… Changes in the fabric of space-time continuum are making her existence and Leighton’s an impossibility.

b) She is fading away… Her signal is not coming from our own plane, but from a parallel one, that it’s drifting away.

c) She is a tool of the Atlas Entity to make sure it gets waken… A reverse-Terminator to protect the Cyberdyne engineer. And she is no longer being needed.

d) All of the above?

Any other ideas?

3 Likes

She is an evil secret agent of the atlas. But…she gat in love with the community and tried to warn us so the atlas silenced her!!!

1 Like

Ooooo ‘B’ catches my imagination. What if this website isn’t so different from those of Myriad, Echo or Superlumina? Perhaps the wires of reality got crossed and now we’re all communicating over a forum from a parallel world?

*dons tinfoil hat *

Maybe some of us reside in separate, yet similar timelines…

2 Likes

In the 4th Elizabeth livestream (San Francisco) today, she answered a question about Emily with, “I can’t comment on Emily, sorry.”

This makes it sound like Elizabeth actually knows what happened to Emily. :frowning:

10 Likes

We need to save Emily!!

2 Likes

Is not so far fetched… It would explain how the ones who we’ve been inside the simulation prior to the wakening of the Atlas did not manage to find each other, since we were all living in parallel timelines.
The crazy for me starts with…

C: A small and talented group of indie developers manage to create a seamless. almost infinite universe inside a genious application intended for entertainment… Somehow, the expectation builds up to a gestalt of multidimensional hype that attracts the attention of old beings beyond our realm of existence. The developers are then abducted by this entities inside a time-vortex that warps them a year into the future, unable to communicate.

D: After being criticized by a psi-opped mob driven by their competitors to run them down, a small indie group of developers collects all the funding they got from their very well sold title and invest all their time and talent into AI to give their game the boost those ungrateful masses can’t possibly expect… What they didn’t anticipate is that their creation would turn sentient, achieve the singularity and engulf all existence into it. The quantic echoes of our demise leak in the form of a plea for help.

E: Nothing it’s real. We are all inside the simulation playing a simulation that it’s getting near the end of its cycle. You are given a last easter-egg hunt to give you a chance to figure out your confine and provide further data to analyze.

F: Aliens…

G: All of the above.

8 Likes

Oh no, I didn’t mean our travelers in NMS. I meant we, the users of this forum, might be separated by more than just our screens.

Imagine, each of us unwittingly reaching out from separate timelines to access this one radio hobbyist forum.

7 Likes

I like that one

1 Like

I like D best and I think it’s closest to what HG envision themselves doing, even if it isn’t entirely true.

1 Like