Warning for artemis quest

Just to add more information, Once I came across a portal and checked it out (opened the glyph stand but did nothing else) and then jumped into space…that is when I got the communication.

Same here,not able to learn new words.

For those wondering where all the THamium has gone on planets with no atmosphere etc, scan plutonium before harvesting to collect additional thamium :wink: I’m sure most of you have realised this by now but just in case some people are still unaware.

7 Likes

That’s great but (ritorical question) how does scanning suddenly make it appear when mined, surely it’s there or it isn’t??

I guess theres tiny little incy wincy nano particles of other ores and materials in their makeup that is only extractable once you’ve scanned the material in question, marked where its situated so it doesnt get obliterated in mining the main goods.

That’s just my head canon until someone explains it better.

It works on lots of things, and make sure to scan the smaller variants as well, each one needs to be scanned at least once per planet. So if you see a stack of plutonium, scan all the little bits, medium bits and large chunks til it scans no more.

THis also applies with iron and a lot of other minerals. If you scan iron sometimes youll find it also contains copper, or iridium or gold or emeril. Its made things a little less grindy and a lot more exciting when you realise you dont have to spend the next thrity minutes hoping to find chrysonite.

4 Likes

Some resources now give more than one element. Plutonium can provide a small amount of Thamium (didn’t know you had to scan them first). There are iron deposits on my home planet that give a small amount of nickel.

4 Likes

Yeah I quite like that feature :+1:

2 Likes

Scan some of the other iron variants around, liek the tiny stones, or cave rocks, or thos weird nipple stones you sometimes see, etc, they’ll have thigns other than nickel :wink:

3 Likes

I noticed that on iron deposits but never paid it much attention, thought it was just fluff information. Do you have to scan every crystal to get the bonus? Or just one of each.

My god, ty

You can upgrade your scan with quests for a better result. We can have different gas with some plants on difficult planet too (but didn’t find what to do with atm)

3 Likes

Each time you visit a new planet you’ll haev to rescan the Crystals/rocks/trees that give you bonus materials, but you only need to do it once per variant and then once thats done its happy sailing.

As @kerdorin pointed out, you can even get atmospheric gasses from some of the trees (havent gotten to a point either where these are used for anyting, if anything yet.)

When you say you can upgrade your scan with quests for better results, do you mean those fauna/floral scan upgrades? I hadnt used them yet but I thought it just meant you get more money for uploading discoveries scanned once equipped, thats cool that it yeilds better alternative materials too :slight_smile:

Had to restart my story for this exact reason last night haha was not about to go all the way back

I also couldn’t get the next blueprint from the Atlas path after interacting with it around this same time

You can restart story without restarting game?

2 Likes

I just collected “radon” from those coral looking things in caves. I also have a recipe for “ammonium salt” (found it in manufacturing facility) that requires carbon and nitrogen.

1 Like

Been working on the Artemis quest. Did the whole Mind Arc thing. Got a message from Nada and Polo that they were coming to me. My next objective is to enter the Space Anomaly, only they have not arrived. Anyone know what I should do?

Try a space scan, or warping to and back to the system

2 Likes

Following the Artemis Quest; do you end up back in your home system or must you start over from the place you end up when told to make the Mind Arc.
I had a base and crops all established on a decent planet and now I’m on a hot-box, evil-animal hell of a planet no-where near home.
Is this temporary or permanent.
Any advice ???

EDIT.
Is it ok to use the space station teleporter to return home, make the Mind Arc then return once it’s made?
I read above that it can go bad if you do this…

EDIT.2
Scratch that. I misread the post above.
I just need to make sure I don’t over use the teleporter and lose the Artemis Quest system.
All ok…I think.

I think that’s been fixed so should be ok but don’t quote me on it

1 Like

Yeah. I’ll just do one trip home, throw together a Mind Arc out in the shed then teleport back. What could go wrong :roll_eyes:

1 Like