Expanding The Base?

I have started a new game since the launch of Beyond. I am now 100+ hours in - I have bases in several systems, I have a big freighter and a 48 slot class A hauler.

I have completed the base computer plan searches. I have started (but not yet completed) Artemis and the Atlas Path.

I have, however, not yet managed to trigger the “Expanding the Base” quest line. To the best of my memory, it used to trigger automatically whilst building base parts - but it hasn’t happened for me.

Any ideas how to get this thing to start?

6 Likes

You should get that while doing the Artemis Path, after meeting Apollo iirc

5 Likes

Ah. That’s probably it, then. I haven’t got that far with Artemis. I’ll do a bit more.

Many thanks.

5 Likes

Yes. @SingularGleam is correct. At one point Apollo will want to make sure you are ready for what lay ahead and he starts you upgrading your multi-tool and expanding your base.

5 Likes

Well, returning to the Artemis quest did the trick - but it turned out it wasn’t necessary to see Apollo.

I completed the signal triangulation for Artemis, learned a few words, then spoke to a Korvax, who told me the map coordinates did not exist.

At that point, the “Expanding the Base” quest appeared in my log, along with the ability to make a construction terminal.

So it appears that base expansion is linked to Artemis, but it’s not meeting Apollo that triggers it.

Thanks for your help, @SingularGleam and @sheralmyst. It’s all working now.

6 Likes

Yeah, the Apollo quest just gives you your first prefab, which by this point you probably already gotten from the Nexus…

4 Likes