Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

Hey! I’m lost! I can record. I’m studying today, so I can’t follow you. Hahaha

4 Likes

Don’t worry. Nothing important happening.

1 Like

If you want to join in, find a Brazilian Wikipedia page you like. Any Wikipedia article will do. Record yourself speaking three sentences from the Wikipedia page.

It’s easier for me if you can record in MP3 format, but if you can’t, that’s OK. I can convert it.

When you have the three recordings, send them to me as an email attachment, to:

TooWeak@virginmedia.com

(edit) Portugese is good. All languages are acceptable.

I will include them into our submission to the ARG.

4 Likes

Ok. My son will also do 3 in Japanese

4 Likes

Ha ha ha. Zulu and Japanese.

Ya cain’t beat ETARC!

5 Likes

What was that weird English language you were doing a week or so ago? Would that count?

2 Likes

Done! Just sent you

3 Likes

Old Frisian? It’s not really English. Middle English and Old Frisian came from the same roots. If you go back 700 or 800 years, they were very similar languages, but they’ve grown apart since then.

I don’t think there are many people around now who can speak Old Frisian properly. @DevilinPixy can speak modern Frisian, but she’s not happy about submitting her voice to Alice and Smith.

Nice idea, though.

2 Likes

would send you but it would be done in Geordie would they understand that ?

6 Likes

Sent my son’s sentences. 1 Japanese 4 English. My internet is really bad today and it took forever to send. Hope it comes through.

4 Likes

I could do it in Scouse, which I grew up with… And a strong Scouse is far worse than Geordie. It’s unintelligible to anyone who lived more than ten streets away from you.

5 Likes

We’re sending them stuff in Zulu, Japanese, Afrikaans, Galician…

If they can understand that lot, Geordie will be a picnic. Bring it on - send in your recording.

7 Likes

I’ve sent you my recording yesterday, it’s Portuguese too.

7 Likes

@DarkbyDesign I had to look up what “Geordie” actually was! :laughing:
Go ahead and send it in! It wouldn’t be the weirdest contribution I gather, actually… and all languages are allowed, as long as it’s spoken by a human :wink:

4 Likes

Hi- Citizen Scientist nmsgalaxy reporting for duty! I have just emailed my 3 sentence samples for the upload. Thanks for all your hard work on this!

10 Likes

Same here!

6 Likes

@sheralmyst, @4ndr4d3, @Carsinger, @nmsgalaxy, @William,

Messages received, processed, and added to the collection. Thank you.

9 Likes

Also, whoever posted the message talking about “2001 - A Space Odyssey” (no identification on the post).

Thank you. Message added.

6 Likes

Can you confirm you received mine yesterday ?

3 Likes

Yep. Thank you.

I’m not ignoring people. When we first launched this thing, I was too busy to acknowledge people individually, so I just sent out a “Thank You” to everybody.

Now the rush has slowed down, it’s easier to respond to individuals.

2 Likes