Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

So should all 3 audio clips be in the same language? I’m learning a bit of Russian (because why not) so should I have one in that and two in English?

3 Likes

Absolutely fine with me. The way things are going, it will take us a month to get 100 sentences from 33 speakers. I imagine Discord are having the same trouble - and they’re bigger than us.

2 Likes

Any human voice, in any language, and anything you like from Wikipedia. Go for it!

4 Likes

Lol you’re too pessimistic. If we made 19-20 speakers in one day, I can’t imagine this taking any long time at all, but I hear you saying that submissions are slower today, so you’d know better than me of course. I would just ask friends and stuff if things really got hectic. Regardless, I think the co-joined effort is a good idea anyway. You’re right that they are bigger than us and together we would actually have much more than the minimum requirements. I think they already meet those reqs btw.

2 Likes

Ah, but what about quality? They may have the numbers, but I bet they don’t have any Zulu!

We may be small, but we’re a class act.

8 Likes

@Ospredox Submit three sentences in each language! :smiley:

3 Likes

Cool! :+1: I don’t have either a or a parrot lol it must have been the birds outside lol

2 Likes

(note to self - FC is ashamed of his parrot… why???)

5 Likes

Nigiyabonga mfowethu, ngcono ngiyakhuluma isizulu. mayibuye mzansi afrika, mayibuye :south_africa:

7 Likes

See? Class act, we are.

6 Likes

hehe Lovely!

4 Likes

Outro galego! What are the chances?!
Many… They say there is even one of us on the Moon…

3 Likes

Yay! So, I imagine we can submit all samples sooner than the deadline, if we’re working with Discord?

2 Likes

Why submit them sooner and potentially deny some people the opportunity to join in? I would suggest leaving it until the deadline so more people get the chance to contribute :+1:

7 Likes

I don’t think A&S will do anything before the deadline. We’re not planning to send our stuff to Discord until tomorrow. @bcatrek will be handling the transfer, as he’s a member of Discord.

5 Likes

The discord peeps wish to wait until the 22nd for the upload, and why not do the same with us. This gives us more time to submit more voices. The more the better! People that might not have had time to participate during the weekend might benefit from this as well…
@Polyphemus @LilLadyD76 @colvr4

6 Likes

Hey, since you are learning Russian… whats this translate too?
“Klaatu barada nikto” So far I have found something relating to beards… can you please confirm this or not?

2 Likes

It means “Klaatu needs help”, I believe…
And it’s not Russian.

Was used again by Lucasfilms to name the aliens in ROTJ…
klaatu, barada, images
And of course… The classic Necronomicon summoning from Evil Dead 3, Army of Darkness.

7 Likes

Both my kids have agreed to 3 sentences each. Will send most likely tomorrow

4 Likes

Whip them! Beat them! SIX sentences each!

6 Likes