Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

I was thinking we might be able to get more people to record if they are only required to do 1 sentence. I personally can record a bunch more for fill in if needed… Just a thought :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am wondering if we really have to fill the whole 100 since other groups are also doing this. Do they want 100 TOTAL or 100 from each group? Either way, if we don’t have them all by Tuesday, just send what we have or quickly make up the rest.
Also, I did 1 sentence from 3 different articles not 3 sentences from 1 article. I don’t suppose it really matters. Just wondering.

3 Likes

TBH, I don’t see how they can check. Voice recognition software’s not that good. They won’t actually know where the material came from. I doubt they could tell exactly how many speakers we used. Wikipedia is vast. They can’t check all of it, in all the language variations.

4 Likes

@Matador: My thought exactly. Feel free to invite people!

@sheralmyst: Yes you are actually correct. The discord people have a bunch of voices as well and I know that we in total have the sufficient amount. The pastebin instruction says however, that we should upload all samples in one file.

I will ask the discord mods if we can combine our voices together into one file, so that u/satcom only has one file to download.

7 Likes

Here is a Klingon translator. Does that count? If anyone wants to record this, feel free!

From the Star Trek WIki,

Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

logh: HeH Qav’e’. DaH ‘entepray’ Duj lengmey lutalu’. taHbogh: Huj chu’ qo’, yISam chu’ yIn tayqeq chu’, vay’ boldly nuqDaq V pagh je explore.

3 Likes

If you guys still need voice samples, I can provide some later or tomorrow. This is quite interesting!

3 Likes

While I love this idea, the satcom instruction asked specifically for Homo Sapien voices… and in extension, to my understanding, human languages… but what the heck, we can always improvise no? :laughing:

4 Likes

@frozenbullet7 yes we still need them! Keep’em coming!

3 Likes

I’ll send some in galician.

4 Likes

I am bilingual as well so I would not mind recording 2 sets of three in English and Spanish

5 Likes

Sorry for using the “official” word guys, I’ve just used the copy + paste from the discord.

7 Likes

If we speak in Klingon, Ferengi or even Gek it would still be in Homo Sapien voices! I think any language is allowed as long as you don’t get your parrot to say it, type of thing lol… :rofl:

7 Likes

No worries mate! It easily becomes confusing when you have two main collectively driven communities! But thanks for joining in!

And of course, some people might contribute to both efforts. It’s all good, I’m happy we sorted it out!

4 Likes

Done! Just sent them.

6 Likes

Sent my audio files last night.

Glad I could help.

3 Likes

I just checked the pastebin again. You are correct, the only req on “language” is that it has to be minimum 5.
Korvax, Gek, Vy’keen, Atlas, and … Swahili. DONE!

6 Likes

We actually have one in Zulu.

7 Likes

I have sent mine to your email, hope there ok, they are in three separate emails and they will need to be converted to mp3 im sorry to say :disappointed:

4 Likes

Received. Converted. Done. Thank you.

You sound very different without your American voice.

Is that a parrot or a budgie in the background of the last one?

2 Likes

I just confirmed with the Discord effort that we can submit all of theirs + our messages as one link together.
I hope this is ok with all of you guys?

3 Likes