Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

Sorry gang, apparently it’s from a discord user who’s trying to do the same thing in collecting samples. That other user posted it here and said it was an “official NMS upload” and had me convinced.

Again, I apologize! I was just trying to help. I didn’t want anyone to end up doing a bunch of unnecessary work.

I’ll go stick my head back in the sand now…

7 Likes

I will make the files today and send through to you. To cover all bases I am also going to upload them direct to the drop box in case we have misinterpreted the instructions.

Unless someone can confirm (with evidence) from A&S or HG that we absolutely need to send one message to the Dropbox with all the collated audio files. Given that there are multiple groups (like discord) that are doing this, I am not sure myself that is what the ARG intended.

2 Likes

Hi all. I have done 3 recordings on my phone, but they have a .m4a file extension. Will this still be ok to send?

2 Likes

@colvr4 Just send the audio directly to Polyphemus email address. For “direct confirmation” please see the pic files I pasted in this chat just a few posts above. You’re all good to go!

2 Likes

@Intrepolicious No worries buddy! These things are mightily confusing sometimes. We’re all in this together! I’m happy it’s sorted out now!

3 Likes

If it’s still an issue, send me a PM and I can convert the files to mp3 for you.

2 Likes

Thanks. Just downloaded an app. Converted to mp3.

4 Likes

@Polyphemus I emailed you my 3 voice clips :smiley:

4 Likes

Not really your fault. This user should not use “official” in his post.

If a mod is in the area, removing the term would be great to avoid future missinterpretation :wink:

5 Likes

@Polyphemus 3 clips emailed through.

4 Likes

For those worrying about file formats - I can convert just about anything to MP3. It’s easier for me if you send 3 separate MP3 files, but I can cope with just about anything.

Thanks to everyone for the contributions so far. Keep them coming! We need a lot more!

4 Likes

Sorry. I noticed that post last night with the form and realized it was a discord user who created it. I saw the person who posted it here. My question is where to send the files you have. I had that info last night…someplace…will look for it if needed.

4 Likes

@sheralmyst the email to send to is in the header post! Scroll up :smiley:

3 Likes

Would be helpful to clarify that. I think I may need a Reddit account, and I don’t have one.

5 Likes

Yes. What is in the pastebin is what I saw.

2 Likes

I can post the download link to the Reddit user no problem! As soon as we’re ready I’ll do it! :wink:

5 Likes

We have 47 sentences. We need another 53.

4 Likes

How many unique voices?

2 Likes

17 voices so far.

3 Likes

Ok so in half a day we already came half-way! Great news!

The no. of sentences is of less concern if you ask me, the no. of unique voices is the important part. If only we get 16 more people then we can just fill up the number of sentences that would be remaining.

3 Likes