Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

Where did the form come from? The paste bin makes no mention of it. It says to submit the list of clips in a single message to a reddit user. Also, why is the form asking for the uploader’s discord account?

1 Like

I don’t think anybody but you saw that form. It’s certainly a revelation to me.

If that’s what Alice & Smith want, then they should have been a lot clearer about their requirements. But that seems to be a theme through the whole of this section of the ARG. Inadequate and ambiguous information.

I will think on this tomorrow. Right now, I’m going to bed.

2 Likes

The link to this form was posted in the main “May 15-19 Final 5 Glyphs Active/SM Interview/Voice Recordings Task” thread here on the CSD forums for all to see.

User 4ndr4d3 posted it first I believe. Here’s a link to said post:

2 Likes

I just sent a message to user 4ndr4d3 asking where this “official NMS upload” came from.

3 Likes

Does it matter what wiki arrivals they are from, is there a theme?

2 Likes

Hey sorry guys time is really limited, i scrolled through but couldn’t see if we decided on a wiki article yet?

Might I suggest the wiki page for

I have no mouth and I must scream. (if you think Emily or Hal are scary AI, wait til you read that short story.)

Or something to do with string theory?

Also @Polyphemus I can do my sentences As Gaeilge, or Gailic as the yanks insist on calling it.

@Intrepolicious I was wondering this myself, people were posting things with no context as to where they came from or how they found them and I still can’t figure it out myself ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

I don’t think it is “official”. Asking for a discord ID ? A&S never asked for such thing because everybody is free to not have discord, twitch or whatever account.

@Polyphemus files sent. 2 of them are from the NMS article (1 in french and the other in spanish).

1 Like

@Intrepolicious @BoomstickJoe @kerdorin
Guys, that google upload is not in any way official in the ARG.

It is just a user (tag name “Nyxara”) on Discord who is doing exactly what we are doing. He created a fancy Google upload from his personal account for people to contribute to.

So don’t worry it’s all under control. Keep sending your files to @Polyphemus. :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah it also recorded my Gmail details. Good thing I haven’t sent anything to it. Guess we wait and see?

Edit:typed that an hour ago, only hit send when I got on the tram, see its irrelevant now, thanks for clarifying @bcatrek.

1 Like

@Polyphemus - Just emailed you 3 x mp3 files for my contribution using 2 non-English languages from South Africa - isiZulu and Afrikaans.

Please confirm receipt

Cheers

2 Likes

hey guys …
just catching up… Am I still on time for the 3 sentences? Can be any sentence from any article from wikipedia right?

2 Likes

@bcatrek, @sheralmyst, and everybody else.

It seems we have got this wrong. It appears that I can’t send all the voice samples from a single source. @Intrepolicious has pointed out a form I wasn’t aware of. See here:

It seems you need to have a Discord account. Then you need to record your voice sample individually (one sentence), and record it on clyp.it. Then you fill in the form, including your Discord ID, and a link to your clyp.it recording.

My apologies to everyone involved. I wasn’t aware of this form (nor, in fairness, were most other people).

The bottom line is that I can’t send in the recordings you’ve made. You have to do it yourselves.

4 Likes

Where did you read that @Polyphemus?

To my knowledge, that form is just a discord initiative just like we have ours?

1 Like

@Intrepolicious brought it up last night, just as I was going to bed.

Are you telling me it’s not an official form?

I’m totally lost now.

1 Like

It not NOT an official form. A Discord user name Nyxara created that form for his Discord peeps. This is why you need a discord account - he created it with the discord peeps in mind. We are totally still good to go!

4 Likes

I don’t believe it. What are people doing posting it here?

Good Grief.

2 Likes

Haha this became unneccessarily complicated. I’ll write a message to the discord mods asking for clarification. But I know the form was created in the discord channel by local users, I was there and saw it as it happened. Regardless, let me get back to you. In the meantime, we should still collect samples.

3 Likes

OK. Working…

2 Likes

@Polyphemus HERE is the confirmation from the Reddit moderator! He is in cahoots with all them discord peeps so this is solid information. We need to collect the samples, upload them in ONE SINGLE FILE, and then share the link with the Reddit user. Might I suggest that you delete your previous post about NOT sending the files to you? I’m thinking it could help for clarity but not obligatory by any means. Please read below:

3 Likes

@arpoja Yes you can totally still contribute! We have until Tuesday!

3 Likes