Voice Recordings Deadline May 22

No problem, it was jiust to be sure this mail wasn’t lost in deep space ^^

4 Likes

@Polyphemus another 4 sentences sent. 3 from son, 1 from daughter.
Thanks

5 Likes

Would it be okay to add 3 lines each in Indian languages? I can do Malayalam ,Tamil , Hindi and a bit of Urdu and Telugu.
And would any Wikipedia page Article do?

6 Likes

@ashusurus Wow that would be awesome! Please add 3 sentences in each language, which would make it really impressive! We already have Punjabi, so soon we are covering the entire Indian subcontinent :smiley:

Edit: Yes, any wikipedia article will do!

3 Likes

Yay! Just sent my Wikipedia Reading to you @Polyphemus. Thanks so much for gathering all the sentences together. It was fun doing it.

Thanks too for the kind message I recently found at ‘Mr Noodle’s Playground’ which is now complete.

6 Likes

@Kurv, @johnnycloud, Messages received. Thank you.

3 Likes

There is no limit to how many you can submit.

The requirements of the challenge are that we must have at least 33 speakers, and we must have at least 100 sentences.

The easiest and quickest way of doing that is if 33 people each read 3 sentences. That’s why I suggested 3. But if you want to do more, go ahead.

6 Likes

Charlotte

“Hope I’ve done this right :)”

Yes, you did. Thank you.

5 Likes

Good Stuff!

Big thanks to you for collating all the recordings :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Transmitted 3 files in german @Polyphemus. :studio_microphone:
Hope it helps!

4 Likes

Received and added. Thank you.

Back in the day, “Autobahn” was a favourite track of mine.

4 Likes

Fahren Fahren Fahren nach dem Autobahn :musical_note: :musical_note: :musical_note:

4 Likes

You are welcome and thanks for your effort!
I’ve heard a Detroit club DJ called that track once very ‘funky’ and was one of the initials of the electro genre. Nice to hear you like it! :+1:

4 Likes

would you care for a sentence in Aleute?

3 Likes

Absolutely. And I have no idea what Aleute is. I’ll have to look it up.

(edit) OK, now I know. Aleutian Islands.

1 Like

I was out of town in the wilderness this weekend and I am just catching up.

I have never recorded my voice (outside of an old cassette recorder). Is there a regular program in the Microsoft group of programs that I can do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Also @Polyphemus, how are we looking to achieve our voice recording goal?

1 Like

Although for me…Its more fun to compute…

Und wenn ich diese Taste drück’
Spielt er ein kleines Musikstück :notes:

5 Likes

A lot of people seem to have used their phone for the recording.

On computer, I use the free program Audacity. Audacity won’t save MP3 files in it’s native build. You have to tweak it.

However, I’m well set up with audio conversion software. I can deal with just about any audio file format you send me.

We are still some way off 100 sentences and 33 speakers. The plan at the moment is to merge our recordings with the ones being done on Discord, so the combined files will reach the target.

It’s probably necessary to send our stuff to Discord, as the instructions say the voice files should be uploaded/linked to Satcom-70 in one single post.

TBH, it’s as much about giving everybody a chance to join in as anything else.

6 Likes

I recorded on Audacity. Very cool freeware app and the converter plugins is just an extra install.

Thanks again for putting it all together. :medal_sports:

5 Likes

ETARC CSD PEEPS

The deadline is approaching! If you still want to contribute make sure to send in during the next coming hours! We’re looking to send everything to that Reddit user around UTC midnight tonight, and we’d need some uploading/organizing time before that. I hope that’s cool with everyone!

6 Likes