Videos šŸ“¹

I donā€™t think this includes twitch drops so I am posting here
Today, he will twitch stream

6 Likes

I canā€™t watch Twitch. It crashes my computer. It works in low-res for a couple of minutes, then the whole thing locks up, and I have to reboot.

4 Likes

I have a hard time watching CobraTV. I use to love watching the guy talk about NMS back then but then he made a rant video(I knew of one only that he then deleted) spreading his hate towards HG because he felt that HG should be paying him for hyping up NMS when, I believe, HG wasnt paying anyone to stream NMS. It video was pretty unprofessional, revealing things about HG and the rant was child-like. And he admitted he didnt even like the game. I think he felt entitled or that he deserved to be paid or something. Its been awhile so I dont remember the video and everyoneā€™s response to it. So dont quote me on it.

He then turned to hyping up Star Citizen and removed all his NMS videos and suddenly his follower count skyrocketed mysteriously fast and would say a few things about how he didnā€™t like NMSā€¦ At that point I stopped watching his videos.

But then when NMS grew in popularity, the guy tried to make a second account(that I do remember) to test the waters on returning to NMS but that second account is no longer there and it seems he put his old NMS videos up on his main channel. I think there is still a comment in one of his videos where he said he didnt like the game too.

I cant support a video game content creator where the guy actually dislikes the game but comes back to it because thereā€™s money to be made from us.

9 Likes

Yeah. What you said. Ditto.

3 Likes
9 Likes

:link: https://twitter.com/xXxCOBRA/status/1552321559100014595

:link: https://twitter.com/xXxCOBRA/status/1552340280946429955

Twitch VOD replay of live stream:

:link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1544408186

Note: This video will auto-delete from Twitch. Cobra plans to add clips to YouTube.

CONFIRMED ā€” In review, after watching the entirety of his 3 hour stream:

1. Weekly NMS Subcasts are returning, but on Twitch, and with other NMS YouTube content.
  2. Cobra will be focusing equally on Star Citizen and No Manā€™s Sky, for the foreseeable future.
  3. He has missed the game and community and has been talking about returning for a while. :pray:

In fact, heā€™s been occasionally and privately playing NMS offscreen the whole time heā€™s been away.

I donā€™t remember any such video. I do remember him being kicked from his Discord server, but that was because he didnā€™t own the thing, and made a sudden transition into another game, (mistakes were made).

WALL OF TEXT šŸ™¼šŸ™¼ Cobra TV was there years before NMS launched, releasing video after video about NMS. His passion burned for NMS, the man practically sweat NMS from his very veins, no I think it was practically an obsession. He just reached a point where he was ready for a change. He had been covering NMS for so very long and there was this other space game that kept piquing his curiosity. But he wanted to go all in, he wanted the full experience that was SC, and the only way to do that was to entirely disconnect from NMS. So thatā€™s what he did, but because he didnā€™t release a proper vlog explaining the transition and just jumped headfirst into SC without any real announcement or explanation, what we then heard was his occasional comparisons between SC and NMS, and how much he was so loving SC, and that came off like he hated NMS, when he in fact still loved NMS but it just wasnā€™t where his passion was at the time, he was focused entirely on SC. But heā€™s only been gone the past couple years and for the past year or so heā€™s been talking about returning to NMS for the longest now, he just finally decided he was ready to pick the game back up, but this time he finds that heā€™s rather enjoying both games and would thus like to continue exploring both simultaneously at the same time. šŸ™¼šŸ™¼ END OF WALL OF TEXT

So why Star Citizen? - Observeā€¦

1. The muted earth-like, (or more realistic, so to speak), less fantasized planetary color palettes. Granted, we do in fact have that in NMS (or close), but itā€™s just buried somewhere in the mix of everything else.
  2. Sprawling urban developed cities. Of course, there are very few of these in SC, and these seem to require a whopping 300+ developers. But yes, they are there, and dwarf our planetary settlements.
  3. Larger (perhaps even sleeker, stealthier), more detailed starships with walk-in interiors.
  4. Updates every 3 months. Granted, NMS updates almost monthly.
  5. Greater emphasis on PvP combat.

Questions for consideration: Should SC and NMS be direct competitors? Or a crossover in the making? :wink:

I like Cobra, but we have to remember: He should be allowed to freely swap games and play whatever heā€™s in the mood for at anytime. Why? For the same reason that we should be allowed to do so, as well. We canā€™t own the dude-man, we gotta let him breath a little. Otherwise, he may suffocate under the sheer weight of a 1M+ strong community of infinite levels of support, smoldering passion and a shared love for all things sci-fi.

:heart_on_fire:

Welcome back, Cobra.

3 Likes

Well done, @Kyle-Culver. :clap: NMS cinematic shorts, after all these years!

3 Likes

No Manā€™s Sky Subcast

SAVE THE DATE: :spiral_calendar: August 8, 2022, 8pm EST

:link: https://www.twitch.tv/cobratv_sc

Remember RayRodā€™s infinite mod of insanity? Well - Heā€™s still at it. How far has he come!? - What else has been going on in the community? All this and more, on the NMS Subcast, with Cobra TV, HD live on Twitch!

Troubleshooting

I thought you recently rebuilt your PC, unless my AI humanoid memory fails me. Might a software be pending an update or hardware be pending a firmware update? Any firmware updates pending for your motherboard or graphics card? Otherwise, compatibility issues, or bugged update? (etc.) :thinking:

Nonetheless, he plans to upload these to YouTube, and possibly even as an audio podcast, this time.

Why support Cobra TV?

He was our hero! He carried our community through the most difficult point in our history together, our beginnings. When the whole world turned their back and we had no voice loud enough to speak over their shouting, Cobra gave us a voice. He held a megaphone to our very mouths: The Great NMS Subcast! :mega:

FAST FACT: :bulb: As of right now, Cobra TV has uploaded some 1,007 videos. Out of these, mostly NMS, with only 110 SC videos. He averages about 3 to 5 video uploads monthly, sometimes more, (depends on his work to life schedule). All of his NMS videos remain on his YouTube, untouched and in chronological order: :link: https://www.youtube.com/user/THExXxCOBRA

Our journey continuesā€¦

3 Likes

They are catering to a completely different playstyle, but thereā€™s also another consideration: Just looking at the budget of both, there should be no competition possible (SC is literally the most expensive game ever made, and itā€™s nowhere close to being in any state you might call finishedā€¦). The mere fact that weā€™re even talking about direct competition tells you that something with SC is very, very wrongā€¦

6 Likes

I agree! Imagine if Hello Games had 300+ developers and dropped a single update. Now thatā€™s the game I want to be playingā€¦ Oh wait! I already am, and with the sheer might a small ā€˜indieā€™ team of 30+. Go figure!

6 Likes
5 Likes

:rotating_light: BREAKING NEWS :rotating_light:

:link: https://twitter.com/xXxCOBRA/status/1556667105252196358

:link: https://www.twitch.tv/cobratv_sc

Cobra was supposed to stream at 8pm EST. Weā€™re about 2 hours into his stream.

Iā€™ll plan to post his replay here laterā€¦ UPDATE: Hereā€™s his Twitch VODā€¦

:link: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1556022966

Note: This video will auto-delete from Twitch. Cobra plans to add clips to YouTube.

Very interesting interview with RayRod. There is so much untapped potential with NMS. The engine created for this game is hardly touched. Soā€¦ When will we get that procedural variation overhaul HG?

:face_holding_back_tears:

From my rough notes, after watching Cobraā€™s NMS Subcast:

CHAT: Have you been able to implement working real-time planetary rotation and/or orbits in-game? ā€” RAYROD: Data for orbital mechanics is actually in the files right now and NMS has actually shown physical rotation pre-release. So yes, this ā€˜ISā€™ possible, but itā€™s currently an unknown! ā€” CHAT: Even just being able to have 100 player servers in NMS would be enough. - CHAT: Cities in NMS, lol. - CHAT: Do you think HG have sacrificed NMSā€™s potential for more platform availability? Do you think the consoles are holding back HG? ā€” CHAT: Is it plainly obvious to you from a development perspective how the ProcGen and potential was hard-capped by HG? ā€” RAYROD: Content updates are nice and all this free content feels undeserved, but a procedural variation overhaul would transform this game in ways that you just have no idea. My Multiverse Fan API (mod) and its related YouTube videos are proof in concept of this very fact! :link: https://www.youtube.com/c/RaYRoDTV

One fact I know: HG have been holding back a ā€˜procedural variation overhaulā€™ update for some time now, and they have to know that this is the ā„–.1 thing that matters to most NMS players, I mean it is hotly requested. So I can only assume that this is not by sheer neglect or coincidence, but that they are in fact working heavily on just that, and that we will likely see something like a 4.0 or otherwise update ā€” 2 or 3 years in the making.

3 Likes
7 Likes

A nice video that shows things you might have missed. It also shows the great touches in details that Hello Games is building in to the game.

And another one from Kanaju reminds us of how Hello Games has ā€œspoiled us.ā€

8 Likes

Hey, Mac! :wave: Was going to try your technique, but 3.99 introduced a change. What do you think?

3 Likes

@CobraTV: :wave:

1. No NMS Subcast on Twitch this week?
  2. No videos on YouTube in over 1 month?
  3. No NMS streams? ā€” Only SC streams?

Your passion still seems very strong towards Star Citizen, but in order to recapture the hearts of the greater NMS community, your passion will have to again burn with No Manā€™s Sky. ((Maybe a whopping 4.0 will help.))

3 Likes

Technique? It was a bug that made me waste money on a living frigate I didnā€™t obtain because I already had an identical frigate like it

Iā€™m glad they fixed it

5 Likes

I made an announcement that I was putting star citizen and nms podcasts on hold until further notice. I play both games. Hope this helps.

7 Likes

I hope everything is ok. :heart:

4 Likes

Just FYI ā€¦ Kanaji (Kanaju) streamer recently reached 9,000 subscribers and their first official Sponsor ā€¦ Hello Games.

6 Likes